Live Premier League Games 2012/13

Comments

• jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rather hasty to postpone that one - if Chelsea draw against Middlesborough, Man U will have a weekend off.

Wrong. A replay between Chelsea and Middlesbrough would take place on Mon 4th or Tue 5th March.
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    Wrong. A replay between Chelsea and Middlesbrough would take place on Mon 4th or Tue 5th March.

Oh yes, I have just seen the dates on the other thread.

Doesnt give either club long to shift their away allocation, mind.
  • loyalsinceloyalsince Posts: 6,065
    Forum Member
    Will Sky ask to move Liverpool V Spurs to 20.00 on the Monday. Fine to use that slot if Europa League on a Thur!?

Would mean Burnely V Hull would move to the Sat at 5.20pm.

Sky could also use the 13.30 slot V ESPN.
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loyalsince wrote: »
    Will Sky ask to move Liverpool V Spurs to 20.00 on the Monday.

No they won't.
  • JudioJudio Posts: 11,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big day of sports

BBC 3pm England Rugby
    ITV 430pm Man U v maybe Chelsea
    SKY 4pm Liverpool v Spurs

Oh yes it is also Mothers Day (Early lunch please !!!!)
  • ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loyalsince wrote: »
    Will Sky ask to move Liverpool V Spurs to 20.00 on the Monday. Fine to use that slot if Europa League on a Thur!?

Would mean Burnely V Hull would move to the Sat at 5.20pm.

Sky could also use the 13.30 slot V ESPN.

Think it's maybe too close now. If it's Man Utd V Chelsea it's not the best for Sky but I'm sure a fair few will still tune into the Liverpool game. I doubt they'll be worried too much.
  • mlt11mlt11 Posts: 21,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judio wrote: »
    Now postponed on March 9th

Come on Sky there is a stand out relegation battle to replace it

Reading v Villa ???

They won't need to replace West Ham v Man Utd - they'll retain it for certain and show it when it's rearranged (***).

They only have 9 games left for the last 3 weekends so very unlikely they'll pick another game for Sat 9 March.

(***) Sky April schedules are out in full except there are two blank slots - at 7.30pm on SS2 on both Tue 16 and Wed 17 April - that looks like the destination for West Ham v Man Utd (and Fulham v Chelsea if Chelsea are in FA R6).
  • cook0891cook0891 Posts: 2,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, I have just seen the dates on the other thread.

Doesnt give either club long to shift their away allocation, mind.

Exactlty, at minute don't know if I am booking a train to London to go Fulham or one to Manchester, but hey ho, what can you do?!?! Just hoping we beat Boro next week so least know a bit more in advance.
  • Igloo_ManIgloo_Man Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this was discussed a couple of pages back, but regarding Sky's selection of Stoke-Man Utd on Sun 14 Apr, there are three reasons behind it, the first two of which have already been mentioned:

i) The title race isn't over yet so Sky will want to show Man Utd. In fact, they could yet even win the title in that game.
    ii) Since it is FA Cup semi-final weekend there is chance that Man Utd could be involved in that, meaning Sky get this game rearranged for a midweek - a primetime slot.

But another point that was not brought up is this:

iii) Including this game, this is Stoke's fifth live game on Sky this season - the minimum number. Assuming that Sky are covering their bases prior to the May picks which are totally dependant on games that matter*, they needed to show a Stoke game at some point in April to fulfill their Stoke quota in a package (in this case Package B). A home game against Man Utd is the perfect opportunity to do this.

Of course this third point (and the second point) are largely irrelevant due to the first point, but I wanted to flag it up anyway.

*It should be noted that Stoke's final two games are Tottenham (h) and Southampton (a) which could both be televised depending on the state of the title race when the May picks are made at the end of next month - although Sky are unlikely to gamble on showing one of these games to fulfill a quota, ie. they'll want all quotas fulfilled by the end of April.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Igloo_Man wrote: »
    But another point that was not brought up is this:

iii) Including this game, this is Stoke's fifth live game on Sky this season - the minimum number.

No, that's incorrect. The minimum number of appearances on Sky is 4. (Package E has zero minimum quota).

Both Sky (and ESPN) had already complied with all minimum quotas by the end of March.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mlt11 wrote: »
    No, that's incorrect. The minimum number of appearances on Sky is 4. (Package E has zero minimum quota).

Both Sky (and ESPN) had already complied with all minimum quotas by the end of March.

D'oh! You are of course correct. My mistake.

Edit: What is the current set-up for quotas then? I had all the packages down as minimum of 1 and maximum of 5 without thinking, but would I be right in saying that there is more than just Package E that has a minimum of 0 and a maximum of 4?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a question about the TV selections that has me stumped. I've been trying to model the packages this season's TV games have been in (so far), and have a solution, except for one anomaly.

I cannot for the life of me place a Swansea game in Package A.

Now it is possible (but highly unlikely) that Sky simply haven't placed a Swansea game in Package A as of yet, as they play Man Utd on the penultimate weekend. With May TV selections being made towards the end of March, it is possible that Sky will be selecting this game in Package A, although I think this is a risky strategy.

So my question is this: is there any way that one of Swansea's already selected fixtures is in Package A? Here are their TV games thus far (the package I have them placed in is shown in brackets).

25 Aug ... Swansea v West Ham ... Sat 12:45 ... (E)
    22 Sep ... Swansea v Everton ........ Sat 12:45 ... (C)
    27 Oct .... Man City v Swansea ..... Sat 17:30 ... (D)
    24 Nov .... Swansea v Liverpool ...... Sat 12:45 ... (E)
    16 Dec ... Tottenham v Swansea .... Sun 13:30 .. (B)
    23 Dec ... Swansea v Man Utd ....... Sun 13:30 .. (B)
    29 Jan .... Sunderland v Swansea ... Tue 19:45 .. (F)

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Igloo_Man wrote: »
    I've got a question about the TV selections that has me stumped. I've been trying to model the packages this season's TV games have been in (so far), and have a solution, except for one anomaly.

I cannot for the life of me place a Swansea game in Package A.

Now it is possible (but highly unlikely) that Sky simply haven't placed a Swansea game in Package A as of yet, as they play Man Utd on the penultimate weekend. With May TV selections being made towards the end of March, it is possible that Sky will be selecting this game in Package A, although I think this is a risky strategy.

So my question is this: is there any way that one of Swansea's already selected fixtures is in Package A? Here are their TV games thus far (the package I have them placed in is shown in brackets).

25 Aug ... Swansea v West Ham ... Sat 12:45 ... (E)
    22 Sep ... Swansea v Everton ........ Sat 12:45 ... (C)
    27 Oct .... Man City v Swansea ..... Sat 17:30 ... (D)
    24 Nov .... Swansea v Liverpool ...... Sat 12:45 ... (E)
    16 Dec ... Tottenham v Swansea .... Sun 13:30 .. (B)
    23 Dec ... Swansea v Man Utd ....... Sun 13:30 .. (B)
    29 Jan .... Sunderland v Swansea ... Tue 19:45 .. (F)

Any help would be much appreciated.

I think this type of analysis is always difficult because you can never be 100% certain which Package a match is in.

Yes - Package A is 23 games at Sun 4pm. But there is always a possibility that a game has been selected in Package A but has then been moved by agreement with the PL for some reason. We just don't know.

But I wouldn't rule out the possibility that it is still to be picked. Swansea play Man City in week 36 and Man Utd in week 37. So it's possible Sky are certain they will pick one of those games for Package A.

You could say "But the title race may be over" but remember the key is the situation when the picks have to be made. That may well be in mid March. At that point it's inconceivable the title will be over so Sky may well already know that they will be picking both Man Utd and Man City in weeks 36 and 37 for 100% certain.
  • Jules 1Jules 1 Posts: 2,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed that we (Swansea) haven't had that many live PL games announced lately, but the Man City and Man Utd in weeks 36 and 37, were always likely to be covered.

There is a chance as well that Swansea could technically hand the mathematically hand the title to Man U, by denying Man City the 3 pts. (for this reason I would place this game, before the Man U game that weekend, as such less likely to be 4pm Sunday.

Also I would take not being on towards the end of the season, in return for mid table safety.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mlt11 wrote: »
    I think this type of analysis is always difficult because you can never be 100% certain which Package a match is in.

Yes - Package A is 23 games at Sun 4pm. But there is always a possibility that a game has been selected in Package A but has then been moved by agreement with the PL for some reason. We just don't know.

But I wouldn't rule out the possibility that it is still to be picked. Swansea play Man City in week 36 and Man Utd in week 37. So it's possible Sky are certain they will pick one of those games for Package A.

You could say "But the title race may be over" but remember the key is the situation when the picks have to be made. That may well be in mid March. At that point it's inconceivable the title will be over so Sky may well already know that they will be picking both Man Utd and Man City in weeks 36 and 37 for 100% certain.

Many thanks mlt11. There is certainly a lot of guesswork involved - we just don't know how cooperative the PL are with Sky if the latter wish to move things around slightly. But it's all very fascinating, that's for certain.

And it'll only get more fascinating next season. We'll all be waiting with baited breath for the first set of TV fixtures in July!
  • P.U.L.S.EP.U.L.S.E Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    i am just wondering if some of the Prem games rearranged from fa cup qf weekend could be played on Wed Mar 13 (a CL date) rather than say the next totally free date Wed April 17?

then in the case of United for example, the 3 free midweeks of Wed April 17, Wed May 8 and Wed May 15 could be used for potentially 3 catch up Prem games if they are involved in an FA Cup round 6 replay, and fa cup sf and final...Chel would have to play their Mar 10 prem game on April 17 at earliest if they reach europa qf

when approx will the new Prem dates for rearranged games from fa cup qf weekend be annouced?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely all the quotas for all the teams have been complied with now. Sky are not going to have a quota pick in May.

As for when games will be rearranged, no date is certain until its accounced but in general the Premier League like games to be rearranged as soon as practically possible.
    Forum Member
    As for when games will be rearranged, no date is certain until its accounced but in general the Premier League like games to be rearranged as soon as practically possible.

so is Wed Mar 13 ruled out for West Ham v United rearrangement(a Sky game from fa cup qf weekend)? since it would be on a night that Sky have 2 live CL games?

if the game cant be played Wed Mar 13 it would probably be Wed April 17
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    P.U.L.S.E wrote: »
    so is Wed Mar 13 ruled out for West Ham v United rearrangement(a Sky game from fa cup qf weekend)? since it would be on a night that Sky have 2 live CL games?

if the game cant be played Wed Mar 13 it would probably be Wed April 17

It ISN'T ruled out, and it could be on TV, because whilst Scotland may have agreed to the silly UEFA rule, England never did!

That said I doubt Sky will want to show a Premier League match with Arsenal in the champions league on the same evening.
    Forum Member
    It ISN'T ruled out, and it could be on TV, because whilst Scotland may have agreed to the silly UEFA rule, England never did!

That said I doubt Sky will want to show a Premier League match with Arsenal in the champions league on the same evening.

thanks for that

so Sky gets the final say when it is played as they are covering it? if United requested that date and West Ham agreed, could United appeal to the Premier League to get the date of March 13, or is the final say made by Sky no matter what happens, meaning it would likely be Wed April 17?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Premier League get the final say.

Sky can then choose whether or not to televise a match, should they want to or not.

(In practice the Premier League will always take into account Skys views of the situation, but has the overall final say. Of course this has to be in agreement with the police as well.)

So it will probably be Wednesday 17th April.
    Forum Member
    thanks again for your help David!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if there's a problem.

West Ham v Man Utd (9 Mar) and Fulham v Chelsea (10 Mar) both now postponed.

Should go to Tue 16 / Wed 17 Apr but both Man Utd and Chelsea play Sun 14 Apr. Now one of those games will be postponed due to FA Cup semi but unknown whether whoever it is will play Sat or Sun in FA Cup semi.

So to be safe - at moment both West Ham v Man Utd and Fulham v Chelsea would have to go to Wed 17 Apr which means Sky would have to drop one - obviously Fulham v Chelsea.

Rather conveniently, Arsenal v Everton is already scheduled for Tue 16 Apr which would be ideal swap.

Alternative is to wait till after FA Cup R6 and see if whoever goes through plays FA Cup semi on Saturday (or get FA to deliberately arrange it that way). Would almost certainly work if Man Utd go through as ITV would want Man Utd as 1st pick at Sat 5.30pm.
  • ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest, I think Arsenal V Everton looks more attractive than Fulham V Chelsea. If the Chelsea game is lost I don't think it's a problem really. But of course Everton could be playing in the semi-finals on the Sunday themselves!

I think there's also a chance of Chelsea being in the Europa League on the Thursday before the FA cup semi-finals. So if they got that far in both it would have to be a Sunday kick-off.

If the FA Cup draw for the semis ended up as say Manchester United V Milwall and Everton V Man City it would be interesting to see what ITV would do - the latter looks the more interesting, competitive game. Of course there must be a decent chance of United drawing either Everton or Man City in the semi-finals - not sure if either of those would kick off at Sat 17.30?!
  • zacittyzacitty Posts: 3,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Readingfan wrote: »
    To be honest, I think Arsenal V Everton looks more attractive than Fulham V Chelsea. If the Chelsea game is lost I don't think it's a problem really. But of course Everton could be playing in the semi-finals on the Sunday themselves!

I think there's also a chance of Chelsea being in the Europa League on the Thursday before the FA cup semi-finals. So if they got that far in both it would have to be a Sunday kick-off.

If the FA Cup draw for the semis ended up as say Manchester United V Milwall and Everton V Man City it would be interesting to see what ITV would do - the latter looks the more interesting, competitive game. Of course there must be a decent chance of United drawing either Everton or Man City in the semi-finals - not sure if either of those would kick off at Sat 17.30?!

When United played City in the semis a couple of years back it was the Saturday evening kick-off. Similarily the United vs. Everton semi which Everton won on penalties was the Sunday afternoon.