Dancing on Ice - Week 1 - ITV1: 6:15pm Live Show/8:30pm Skate-Off: Sunday 6th January

dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
Forum Member
✭✭
The thread for tonight's first show. Six couples performing tonight but here's the list of all 12.

Anthea Turner & Andrew Buchanan
Beth Tweddle & Daniel Whiston
Gareth Thomas & Robin Johnstone
Joe Pasquale & Vicky Ogden
Keith Chegwin & Olga Sharutenko
Lauren Goodger & Michael Zenezini
Luke Campbell & Jenna Smith
Matt Lapinskas & Brianne Delcourt
Oona King & Mark Hanretty
Pamela Anderson & Matt Evers
Samia Ghadie & Sylvain Longchambon
Shayne Ward & Maria Filippov

Comments

• essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still not certain who the first 6 are :). Gathered its not Oona or Anthea this week though
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, Oona is skating next week. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    Yep, Oona is skating next week. :)

I was kind of a bit "meh" about her at first but quite looking forward to her now. Especially as a few have said she's not half bad
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonight's couples, I would take a stab at being:

Anthea & Andrew
    Keith & Olga
    Matt & Brianne
    Pamela & Matt
    Samia & Sylvain
    Shayne & Maria

As they all have photos on Rex Features of them rehearsing their dances. Beth is also on there but hers looks like the skate-in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I thought someone said that they had seen on twitter that Anthea is skating week 2?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah yes, supposedly she is :) Maybe it's Beth and not Anthea then.
  • DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    Hello everyone! This is my first visit to the live show threads, so I'm looking forward to a good evening.

Anyone want some jam tarts? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DingDong08 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! This is my first visit to the live show threads, so I'm looking forward to a good evening.

Anyone want some jam tarts? :p

I've got a big tub of celebrations left from xmas :p
  • DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    That reminds me about one present I got from Christmas. My mum brought me a box of Quality Street chocolates, and when I opened it it was half-empty. I asked Mum if that was all the chocolates, and she said 'Yes' (but in that really hesitant way that someone says when they're lying!). Even now, I notice she's put on the pounds! :o

I hope I haven't made my mother sound like Coleen Nolan! :D
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all. :)

Looking forward to the show. Hoping Samia will have a good night. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all. :)

Looking forward to the show. Hoping Samia will have a good night. :D

I think Samia is going to be quite good. I don't know why but I have a feeling Shayne won't be as good as people think. Ok but not wonderful. See him as a bit of a Jeff Brazier
  • Major ChudleyMajor Chudley Posts: 4,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening. Looking forward to this, I hear that Pamela is going to be a surprise
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing how Cheggers gets on, hopefully he won't be eliminated first later on

Think we could have a Todd Carty v2 with him :D

Hopefully with Jason back there will be more of an atmosphere as opposed to last year's flat atmosphere
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all, glad DOI's finally back and delighted Jason's back too. (Can't bear Louie Spence).

Samia or Shane FTW :cool:

I thought nobody got booted off the first week, but there is a results show as well tonight? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep think 1 is still goin ......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Evening all, glad DOI's finally back and delighted Jason's back too. (Can't bear Louie Spence).

Samia or Shane FTW :cool:

I thought nobody got booted off the first week, but there is a results show as well tonight? :confused:

Looking at some TV guides, there does seem to be a Skate Off after All Star Family Fortunes :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone. I'm watching the show on a delay as I just can't be pestered with the adverts.

Hopefully all the old DOI posters will be back and we'll get some fresh faces too.

Looking forward to the new series. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this series is better than the last 2. Didn't enjoy those as much as the earlier ones
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this series is better than the last 2. Didn't enjoy those as much as the earlier ones

Hoping there's more of an even playing field this year, as it has been a one or two horse race the past few years
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to tonight's show - only 10 minutes to go. I'll be joining in with the thread whilst the show is on.

I was hoping all 12 of them would be performing tonight. I don't like it when it's split over two weeks.

I'm really pleased Jason is back though. And Karen is back on the panel too isn't she? Looking forward to the fireworks, where's my popcorn :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Ray's year was a one horse race but I loved it anyway because of the gorgeous Donal MacIntyre. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Hoping there's more of an even playing field this year, as it has been a one or two horse race the past few years

I agree. It makes it boring otherwise
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Looking at some TV guides, there does seem to be a Skate Off after All Star Family Fortunes :confused:

Seems a bit harsh after all that work over the last few months and one pair gets booted off first week, when only half of them will skate. There might be somebody loads worse next week. :(
  • CombatHamsterCombatHamster Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love DOI so much but I'm not really that excited by it anymore. And I don't like the sound of the changes they've made this series.

Still, it's an evening's telly and who knows it could turn out good...
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joining you all for the annual DOI threads - I have high hopes for this series as it looks like there could be some good skaters :)