For the love of prawn rings, Katona is going to play Marilyn Monroe on stage

Comments

• GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Wow check out their website, that must be one of very very cheap image cover! Using the Word font? haha!

http://normajeanethemusical.com/index.html
  • smilliekyliesmilliekylie Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    Wow check out their website, that must be one of very very cheap image cover! Using the Word font? haha!

http://normajeanethemusical.com/index.html

What is Anita Harris doing in this mess ?

What does 'Sarah Rose Denton will take the part of Marilyn 2' mean ?

Is 'Marilyn 2' all the parts that Kerry can't do, like Sing, Dance, Act, remember lines & look like Marilyn ?
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is Anita Harris doing in this mess ?

What does 'Sarah Rose Denton will take the part of Marilyn 2' mean ?

Is 'Marilyn 2' all the parts that Kerry can't do, like Sing, Dance, Act, remember lines & look like Marilyn ?

Love it.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did this musical ever happen? Not heard a peep about it since the original announcement, which left me so dumbfounded I still remember it all these months later.
  • smilliekyliesmilliekylie Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, they have delayed it until March next year. Think they are waiting for Katona to shed the Baby weight.

Cast is being announced this month, I think we still gonna get to see/hear Katona in the role she was born for, the Iconic Marilyn Monroe. I for one cannot think of a better Actress suited for this role. Actually on second thoughts I can.........................anyone.

It's a big theatre, only 80 seats per show, get your tickets quickly, or else miss what could possibly be the smash hit theatre event of 2015

Only 21 performances of the show will run between March 2nd and March 22nd, 2015 in London at the Rose & Crown Theatre. There are ONLY 80 seats available to the public for each show. Tickets are £15 each. To reserve your seats email : info@normajeanethemusical.com

http://www.normajeanethemusical.com/tickets.html
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Nope, they have delayed it until March next year. Think they are waiting for Katona to shed the Baby weight.

Cast is being announced this month, I think we still gonna get to see/hear Katona in the role she was born for, the Iconic Marilyn Monroe. I for one cannot think of a better Actress suited for this role. Actually on second thoughts I can.........................anyone.

It's a big theatre, only 80 seats per show, get your tickets quickly, or else miss what could possibly be the smash hit theatre event of 2015

Only 21 performances of the show will run between March 2nd and March 22nd, 2015 in London at the Rose & Crown Theatre. There are ONLY 80 seats available to the public for each show. Tickets are £15 each. To reserve your seats email : info@normajeanethemusical.com

http://www.normajeanethemusical.com/tickets.html

But surely she will be pregnant again by then :confused:
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well we are always complaining Ah Kerrah does nowt anyway, so maybe singing for her supper will cheer everyone up.

On second thoughts....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's some great pics of Ah Kez in costume if you click through.

This is going to be a masterpiece. Go Kez! I actually hope she does really well. :)
  • kazmartinskazmartins Posts: 1,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CAST REQUIRED FOR 'NORMA JEANE THE MUSICAL'. The show will have an initial stage run in London in March 2015. To apply for an audition please email : info@normajeanethemusical.com
    We would expect a good/high standard of singing and dancing abilities.
    CAST

Narrator : Male, sympathetic voice
    Marilyn Monroe 1 : Marilyn not at her best emotionally or physically - 36 years old
    Marilyn Monroe 2 : Stunning Iconic Marilyn – 26 years old
    Young Norma Jeane : Norma at 16/17 years of age

I am guessing Katona was Mariln no 1 lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kazmartins wrote: »
    CAST REQUIRED FOR 'NORMA JEANE THE MUSICAL'. The show will have an initial stage run in London in March 2015. To apply for an audition please email : info@normajeanethemusical.com
    CAST

Marilyn Monroe 1 : Marilyn not at her best emotionally or physically - 36 years old

The pictures, with an iconic Marilyn looking on, show that you are likely correct. Kerry's falling out of bed in one of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CAST

Does this mean Ah Kerrah is no longer involved in the project and will be replaced? I thought from the beginning they were probably just using her name for the shock value and publicity it would - and did - generate.
  • 3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But surely she will be pregnant again by then :confused:

Or going bankrupt again.

I cannot believe that Kerry Katona was the best they could do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5XpVLtKqiU

Found this on Youtube.

Did they just source people from the nearest estate for cast and crew? 'Cause that's what it looks like. :blush:
  • charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CAST

Marilyn may have been not at her best towards the end of her life, but she could still eclipse Katona.
    To even think about casting her is an absolute joke!
  • StandByMe89StandByMe89 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marilyn looked wonderful in 1962. Some even say she looked the best she ever did, she was said to be the best she ever felt too.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/ec/e1/44/ece144986b637aa0a1fa2b31363c3081.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFaGHnbcnIs
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair when I saw her on TV recently with the Atomic Kitten reunion I think I was surprised she had a half decent voice. As for her personal life..
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Marilyn!
  • Marc_Anthony1Marc_Anthony1 Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the thread title!
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    "Writer Pashun, who recently cast Lizzie Cundy in the lead role of WAG! The Musical, said: 'I needed an actor of huge talent, personality and experience - Kerry was at the top of my list."

I'm liking the sound of this Belvedere Pashun bloke. Sounds like he has a very highly developed sense of humour. ;):D

An actor of huge talent???

Can anybody inform me of some of the great roles Kerry Katona has acted in?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    Poor Marilyn!

Indeed. I can't understand why they thought it would be a good idea to get Kerry Katona to play Marilyn Monroe. She looks absolutely nothing like her. She sounds absolutely nothing like her. It's just crazy! I wouldn't mind knowing if this has actually happened or if they've changed their minds.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,947
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Indeed. I can't understand why they thought it would be a good idea to get Kerry Katona to play Marilyn Monroe. She looks absolutely nothing like her. She sounds absolutely nothing like her. It's just crazy! I wouldn't mind knowing if this has actually happened or if they've changed their minds.

It's all rather intriguing in May 2013 Andy McCluskey of Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark who created Atomic Kitten talked of Katonna as having Marilyn Monroe syndrome.

Then 2 months later in July 2013 is was announced Katonna would be tripping not in Warrington but on the boards in the West End.

At the end of September 2013 having already announced she was pregnant she appeared in a magazine dressed at Marilyn Monroe with some naff pictures of her rehearsing.

Here's the show's Facebook page (scroll down) the nearest Katonna got to the West End was a pub in Walthamstow despite at the end of October 2013 Katonna still being connected with the show, by November it was announced the search for Marilyn Monroe had begun.

Just the other day it was announced Katonna had been replaced by Melissa Suffield formerly of EastEnders, the producers still seem to be writing the script and looking for songs for a performance in Walthamstow pub in March 2015.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's some damn fine sleuthing. Well done you.

Looks like it was destined to be. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Fantastic thread title thread OP!!

This theatrical venture ain't going to end well is it?

Still at least it will give her the opportunity to earn a bit of dosh before she gets up the duff again:D
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Just the other day it was announced Katonna had been replaced by Melissa Suffield formerly of EastEnders, the producers still seem to be writing the script and looking for songs for a performance in Walthamstow pub in March 2015.

I wouldn't exactly say Melissa's like her either. They don't seem to be very good at getting people who look like the stars that they have in mind.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have already bought a ticket if I actually thought Kerry as Marilyn was going to happen. Just so I could tell my friends ;)
    This kitten might have been Atomic but now all that's powering her career is decomposing turkey twizzlers. Fished out the back of the Iceland throwaways after closing time.