HO: JP/Finn spoiler

priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
Forum Member
✭✭✭
www.soapsquawk.co.uk/news/hollyoaks-spoiler-will-john-paul-leave-finn-to-die.php#results
Also Sam advises JP to get some counselling, he agrees. He opens up about his trauma but then gets asked to go on an overnight trip with the school. Finn is going on the trip. (article on DS soap scoop page)

Looking forward to this.

Comments

• Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Wow I really feel bad for JP.
  • ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor JP if it's not enough he has to go on a trip with his attacker but then could be going to save him. JP isn't the type of person to let someone die. Although there could be a twist leading to Robbie finding out about the rape.

I hope Robbie and Phoebe get together, he genuinely likes her but you can't tell if Finn actually likes her or if he's just winding JP and Robbie up.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel so sorry for JP, he'll probably help Finn only for Finn to threaten him again :(
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JP should let the evil little shit die a painful death.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    JP should let the evil little shit die a painful death.

Aren't we evil hehehehehe:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ameredith wrote: »
    Poor JP if it's not enough he has to go on a trip with his attacker but then could be going to save him. JP isn't the type of person to let someone die. Although there could be a twist leading to Robbie finding out about the rape.

I hope Robbie and Phoebe get together, he genuinely likes her but you can't tell if Finn actually likes her or if he's just winding JP and Robbie up.

I said the same thing in another thread.
    Whilst I'm happy that JP's storyline is getting screentime it deserves, this all just sounds a bit OTT.
    It would have been bad enough for JP having to go on a trip with Finn and trying to cope with that. The accident just seems unnecessary drama on top of what JP is already going through. I get the impression that the writers think that they have to keep throwing in these incidents because they think JP's trauma isn't interesting enough on it's own.

I kind of hope JP doesn't help Finn.
    That would be more interesting to me because it would be so out of character for JP to leave someone helpless and it would show just how much the rape has changed him.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I'm glad they are having JP going to counseling, but I'm not so sure about the saving Finn angle to the storyline. If he does help Finn (wish I would hope that he does since not helping would take this storyline in an unnecessary direction IMO), I hope it doesn't result in some kind of easy ending for the storyline with Finn feeling sorry and JP letting it go. Perhaps it would lead Finn to finally feel truly guilty about what he did and, if not confess, start to struggle with his feelings of guilt.

Obviously I haven't seen it yet, but I'm not sure I like the idea of Finn being in peril and JP having to save him. It does seem par for the course for Hollyoaks which loves to have some kind of action-sequence disaster, but I wish Hollyoaks would at least leave that out of this storyline which would be better served IMO to show JP having to deal with his feelings of anger and shame as part of his daily routine rather than some kind of special disaster.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ameredith wrote: »

I don't think Finn has shown any interest in Phoebe as far as I can recall. I think he only said he spent the night with Phoebe to wind Robbie up and because Robbie was teasing him about spending the night with JP and being gay after seeing him coming out the McQueen's house.
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    I'm glad they are having JP going to counseling, but I'm not so sure about the saving Finn angle to the storyline. If he does help Finn (wish I would hope that he does since not helping would take this storyline in an unnecessary direction IMO), I hope it doesn't result in some kind of easy ending for the storyline with Finn feeling sorry and JP letting it go. Perhaps it would lead Finn to finally feel truly guilty about what he did and, if not confess, start to struggle with his feelings of guilt.

Obviously I haven't seen it yet, but I'm not sure I like the idea of Finn being in peril and JP having to save him. It does seem par for the course for Hollyoaks which loves to have some kind of action-sequence disaster, but I wish Hollyoaks would at least leave that out of this storyline which would be better served IMO to show JP having to deal with his feelings of anger and shame as part of his daily routine rather than some kind of special disaster.

I do wonder if that will happen or if Finn will turn it around and blame him again.
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had finn not raped JP i recon they would of been a hot gay couple.... imagine them in school JP suited and Finn in his long sleeved shirt and tie mmmmmm HOT!!!
    Forum Member
    Had finn not raped JP i recon they would of been a hot gay couple.... imagine them in school JP suited and Finn in his long sleeved shirt and tie mmmmmm HOT!!!

:o:confused::blush:
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member

This misses the point and is wrong in so many ways. Finn isn't gay and John Paul would have been sacked and morally out of order to get with a pupil. This is without even going into the idea of imagining a couple from a rapist and rape victim.
  • gwendagwenda Posts: 3,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mmmmm... NO! :o
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats really REALLY Terrible
    :o:o:o
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:o Definitely NOT HOT imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope you are joking. Finn is a child so JP would be sacked from his job for having sex with a student.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member

I don't know. I think Finn's a bit too weasley looking, although this might be an automatic association after the rape.