Options

HO: JP/Danny (Hollyoaks Overdose spoiler)

priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
Forum Member
✭✭✭
JP's court date for hitting Robbie is coming round the corner, and JP is struggling to cope. Danny tells him he'll support and stick by him. They kiss and someone catches them.

Why are they doing this!!!! Sam has been so supportive towards JP and the last thing on JP's mind would be getting with someone. Hope it is just a kiss and nothing more.

Comments

• Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's the betting that the person who catches them is Ste?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Hate this!! As you said, Sam has been so good to JP. What a betrayal! :-( Danny's such an arsewipe!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *rubs temples* for the love of...

Why? Why why why why why are they so damn insistent on showing John Paul as a shitty, sleazy person? How can anybody at Hollyoaks think that's beneficial to a rape victim storyline?

I do not care about an affair reveal, I do not care about John Paul and Danny, I do not care about Danny, even. I like the Sam and John Paul scenes. For once I wish they'd actually do a Hollyoaks and carry on something with no aftermath as if it hadn't actually happened.
  • Options
    Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've stopped watching HO in the last few days because I can't bear to watch how badly this sl is being handled. Looks like I stopped just in time.
  • Options
    ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no way. Bad idea Hollyoaks
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was going so well (sl), there was no need to add this unnecessary bit to it.
    The affair could have been revealed another way, an angry outburst or Ste seeing Danny hug JP and telling Sam (because of the Peri thing etc), why do they have to kiss.
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is such a stupid way to go with the sl and is so unrealistic.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Kirkwood and his cronies are disturbed.
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    I really think this is inappropriate, although I suppose it depends how they did the kiss. Even then, I would have thought JP wouldn't want any physical attention.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do they want John Paul to lose Sam's support which would lead to him attempting to commit suicide? I'm fed up of the story line.
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    Oh no. I think JP is better off far way from that man and his son. I don't know what he sees in Danny at all. I really hope this is a one off. Ste will obviously be the one that catches them.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It depends on how it's played out.

Maybe JP gets completely messed up and tries to kiss Danny because he is desperate for some comfort, Danny though knowing nothing about the rape pulls back and says it's inappropriate and JP apologise and break down in Danny's arms. :cry: Remember how Sienna lost the plot and made a pass at her brother - not the same situation but sometimes it might be comfort kissing - I imagined kissing someone after I was fed up after a family fight and the imaginary kiss was quite therapeutic though it only lasted a few minutes - I was ashamed of myself though because this person is straight in real life and was married at the time. I don't think even Danny would be stupid enough to make a move on a fragile and upset JP, even if he hadn't been married.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not the way I would of played it at all...
  • Options
    gwendagwenda Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well let's hope it's Ste as he'll at least keep his mouth shut. If it's someone else who knows. But I have a feeling Sam may know Danny is bi. They separated at one point in their marriage - perhaps that is why. Of course Danny will tell her it was JP's fault and that JP made a move on him due to his odd behaviour. Sam will no doubt be annoyed but she may take it as a sign that JP needs more help.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are determined to stretch out this storyline as long as possible and add twist upon twist to what should have been a straightforward,powerful storyline. They are relying on characters being stupid or cardboard cut-out bad guys. As I have written before, when they claimed the storyline would help others who had suffered through the same ordeal, it was all about sensationalism and chasing awards and ratings.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure Robbie and Finn caught them being intimate many times before the rest of the Lomaxes arrived and with their hatred for JP then, I am surprised they never revealed it considering how spiteful, and in Finns case, how extreme they've been.

I love Sam/JP friendship, too much has come to past for this storyline to revert back to JP/Danny :(. They should have left that in the past and forgotten about it, like how Frank took the rap for Ziggy not servicing the car, leading to Lindsey losing her baby. I'm sure the Roscoes wouldn't be happy about that if they knew.

Possibly Sienna is the one to catch them? She wasn't happy with Jp when speaking to Peri.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good.

I just hope this means that's the end of this Ste/JP farce the show's been infuriating me with.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Sam will find out, not support JP anymore and he'll end up being hated because of the Danny relationship and because of Robbie/Perri - then he'll try and kill himself which will lead to people being told he was raped? The reveal will have to be huge as there has been many opportunities - like with Nanna in last night's e4 episode, where JP could have said something but HO is hyping it up.
  • Options
    Amy_Jayne93Amy_Jayne93 Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Oh for goodness sake... Poor Sam! I just really hope this is more of a 'heat of the moment' kiss like the JP/Ste one was a while ago. I doubt it knowing Hollyoaks though...

Saying this I was starting to wonder how/when the Danny/JP reveal would happen because of JP ending it a couple of months ago. I'd imagine it will be one of the Lomax family to walk in on them (maybe Ste but he already knows about them) and or Sienna.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny doesn't really care about JP, he just fancies him and wants him as as bit on the side. JP wants some support and he feels unable to tell people close to him. It's understandable he might seek comfort from Danny but I think it will be Danny who moves in for the kiss. JP will respond because it's comfort even though it's misplaced as he's not thinking straight.
  • Options
    ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LI0N wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Robbie and Finn caught them being intimate many times before the rest of the Lomaxes arrived and with their hatred for JP then, I am surprised they never revealed it considering how spiteful, and in Finns case, how extreme they've been.

I love Sam/JP friendship, too much has come to past for this storyline to revert back to JP/Danny :(. They should have left that in the past and forgotten about it, like how Frank took the rap for Ziggy not servicing the car, leading to Lindsey losing her baby. I'm sure the Roscoes wouldn't be happy about that if they knew.

Possibly Sienna is the one to catch them? She wasn't happy with Jp when speaking to Peri.

I think they took photos to use as evidence against them
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why anyone is surprised. It was always going to go like this. Danny is bisexual and his family don't know anything about his 'other' side. One day he was going to be found out. They were always going to have it that JP's rape would lead to Sam etc finding out as Danny comforts JP.
  • Options
    SonicmfcSonicmfc Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people surprised? It was only a matter of time before BK inserted a stupid plot twist the sl was too good and realistic so far for HO
  • Options
    sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Maybe Sam will find out, not support JP anymore and he'll end up being hated because of the Danny relationship and because of Robbie/Perri - then he'll try and kill himself which will lead to people being told he was raped? The reveal will have to be huge as there has been many opportunities - like with Nanna in last night's e4 episode, where JP could have said something but HO is hyping it up.

I don't where you would go with Sam finding out other than some sort of suicide attempt. Then maybe Robbie getting some sort of conscience and telling about the rape? Once JP loses Sam's support I would think he would feel even more dirty and ashamed and less likely to admit what happened.

I am really not interested in watching someone be tortured. This is what this sounds like to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    I don't where you would go with Sam finding out other than some sort of suicide attempt. Then maybe Robbie getting some sort of conscience and telling about the rape? Once JP loses Sam's support I would think he would feel even more dirty and ashamed and less likely to admit what happened.

I am really not interested in watching someone be tortured. This is what this sounds like to me.

I agree. JP's plight is becoming depressing to watch. I'll be annoyed if he tried suicide without revealing why as that is what Luke did.