Options

Just half an hour live feed would make me watch.

2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
Forum Member
I watched last nights live feed and was thinking, if they gave us that every night, I would watch this years show, but without it, we cannot get any insight into the real personalities behind the smiles. we are to get 10 hours live feed in three months, out of 2160 hours. I wont commit to a programme that is supposed to allow us 24/7 access to these people, and that end up giving us so damn little, just a snippet after each eviction.

Comments

• Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    I watched last nights live feed and was thinking, if they gave us that every night, I would watch this years show, but without it, we cannot get any insight into the real personalities behind the smiles. we are to get 10 hours live feed in three months, out of 2160 hours. I wont commit to a programme that is supposed to allow us 24/7 access to these people, and that end up giving us so damn little, just a snippet after each eviction.

One hour I agree. But too much is boring.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »

its doing the show itself a massive disservice.
    after what appeared to be some movement last summer its gone right back
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One hour I agree. But too much is boring.

Not to hardened fans its not, 24/7 live feed is best, as the older fans who want live feed , have it, but the ones who like it to be some kind of TOWIE show, can just watch the highlight show
    When there was live feed, I did not even watch the highlight show.

There needs to be SOMETHING each night, or else it simply is not BB anymore, I will spend yet another year not watching . last nights feed was good, but I wanted to see more. I want to see them waking this morning to their new home, the realisation of where they are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    its doing the show itself a massive disservice.
    after what appeared to be some movement last summer its gone right back

I agree, the live feed last year, even though it was not enough , made the show watchable for me, the first time in a few years that I watched it, this year though, not for me, as I cant see the real people, just what producers want us to see.
  • Options
    kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to put the live feed on as background noise, it was just so comforting for some reason. I do miss it. Why are the producers not listening to the people that actually watch the show?!
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Live feed had its moment in the sun last year and hardly anybody tuned in to the 5* streaming.

I still think there's a place for live feed when there's a special event taking place inside the house and it can drive ratings that way. But the day-to-day feed I honestly don't know how they could make it work.
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think LF was axed for any technical or financial reason, it's simply so the producers can retain editorial control of the show.

What's the point in them artificially pushing a certain storyline if the LF would show it was a load of old bullshine.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    I don't think LF was axed for any technical or financial reason, it's simply so the producers can retain editorial control of the show.

What's the point in them artificially pushing a certain storyline if the LF would show it was a load of old bullshine.
    Up to 2 Million that watch highlights shows > tens of thousands at the very most that would watch LF.
  • Options
    Forum Member

This sums it up , C5 want full control of what happens, and already they have manipulated it, ( the bloke in the box said*they* had told him he could ask for loo breaks, the chap he was talking to did not know that so he had not been told be BB over the speakers, but someone else must have been talking to him in production)

This show in this present form is not BB and is more akin to TOWIE or some such scripted show.

I will wait until the franchise is passed to another channel before watching again.One that actually knows what hardened ad original fans of the show want.
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We need that 24/7 live feed channel 4 gave us in the earlier series where we could watch in different rooms on that red button thing on tv. Channel 5 have totally binned live feed off and we cant get to know the housemates we are just seeing edited bits which doesn't help at all
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Watching livefeed is insanely boring IMO.

A highlights show is more than enough to try and wheedle out the dull uninteresting stuff, and even then at times it can be a close run thing..!

Each to their own and all that.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    Watching livefeed is insanely boring IMO. ....

Last night's half hour was certainly a waste of time.

Also, notice how quickly a conspiracy theory appears in the thread. They can't have any legitimate reason for dropping the live coverage. No, it just has to be so that can fool us more easily.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    Last night's half hour was certainly a waste of time.

Also, notice how quickly a conspiracy theory appears in the thread. They can't have any legitimate reason for dropping the live coverage. No, it just has to be so that can fool us more easily.

I see it Veri I see it. ;-)

This forum is going to be one hell of a 'journey' as they say, and at times will no doubt be more entertaining to me than the show itself. :D
  • Options
    SeveneyesSeveneyes Posts: 12,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Up to 2 Million that watch highlights shows > tens of thousands at the very most that would watch LF.

...and then post vids on social media showing what 'really happened'..which would leak through to the mainstram watchers the way social media works now
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    That or an hour in place of BOTS on Sundays would do me.
  • Options
    Marc_Anthony1Marc_Anthony1 Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Live feed had its moment in the sun last year and hardly anybody tuned in to the 5* streaming.

I still think there's a place for live feed when there's a special event taking place inside the house and it can drive ratings that way. But the day-to-day feed I honestly don't know how they could make it work.

Maybe you should consider why. The feed was on 7-9. Soap time. The bulk of television audiences are watching Emmerdale, Coronation Street and EastEnders. A better tie would've been 10pm till 12am.