EastEnders: Episode 4998 - There's Something About Shabnam - 15/1/15, 7:30PM on BBC 1

FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
Forum Member
Writer: Natalie Mitchell (:confused:)
Director: Gill Wilkinson
Executive Producer: Dominic Treadwell-Collins

Early thread; my trend continues. Thanks to MrJames for last night's highly alliterate thread title. :)

What's the story?
It's ladies' night, and the feelings right...
Stacey invites secret-keeping Shabnam along to, yes, you guessed it, another party in the Queen Vic. What's new? Of course, Shabnam doesn't want to go because Kush will be there, and she made a darned mess of that in the last episode. Old and frail Masood decides to feign an injury so he doesn't have to perform in the marathon. Shabnam depresses the situation by having a go at him, telling him to act his age. But old and frail Masood fights back, telling her that everyone her age will be out having fun rather than moping about at home being secretively rich and hugging newspaper clippings.

There's also some roundabout Carter stuff. Nancy and Lee still don't like Dean; the Stan and Sylvie saga continues. Then Shirley, blind, poor, innocent Shirley, tells everyone that Dean is going to move in, even though Mick said it was strictly forbidden because he's a rapist. Fair point.

Elsewhere, Jay puts Abi in an awkward position, and Charlie makes a decision. We don't actually know what the decision is, though.

A list of ugly mugs
CAST
Shirley Carter - Linda Henry
Stan Carter - Timothy West
Dean Wicks - Matt Di Angelo
Lee Carter - Danny-Boy Hatchard
Nancy Carter - Maddy Hill
Tina Carter - Luisa Bradshaw-White
Johnny Carter - Sam Strike
Dot Branning - June Brown
Charlie Cotton - Declan Bennett
Ronnie Mitchell - Samantha Womack
Roxy Mitchell - Rita Simons
Sharon Mitchell - Letitia Dean
Arthur Chubb - Ricky Norwood
Masood Ahmed - Nitin Ganatra
Shabnam Masood - Rahkee Thrakrar
Kush Kazemi - Davood Ghademi
Stacey Branning - Lacey Turner
Max Branning - Jake Wood
Abi Branning - Lorna Fitzgerald
Ben Mitchell - Harry Reid
Jay Brown - Jamie Northwick
Billy Mitchell - Perry Fenwick
Ian Beale - Adam Woodyatt

Script Peek
12 February 2015

Ian: Jane will you please come and defrost my butter balls!

Schedule changes
In a couple of weeks, more football coverage means that two episodes of EastEnders will air on Thursday, January 22nd - at 7.30pm and 8.30pm - and there will be no episode on Friday 23rd January.

Everyone's talking about...
A Cross Marks the Spot
The Carters collapse... literally, in Stan's case
Kemp Isn't Returning, okay?
Branning's Autos!

Preview Clip
Vote for EastEnders!

Two more episodes to go!

Enjoy!

What's Shabnam's secret related to? 74 votes

Child
35% 26 votes
Cult
8% 6 votes
Drugs
5% 4 votes
Money scandal
18% 14 votes
Police
5% 4 votes
Zainab
12% 9 votes
Other
14% 11 votes

Comments

• llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So much for Shabnam never going in the Vic :p

Thanks for the thread Firegazer :)
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    Is it Thursday already :p thanks for the thread. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Shabnam looked really nice when she took that thing off her head when Stacey did her hair, i think she should get rid of it, it doesn't do her justice
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    llgx wrote: »
    So much for Shabnam never going in the Vic :p

Thanks for the thread Firegazer :)

You're welcome :)
    xTonix wrote: »
    Is it Thursday already :p thanks for the thread. :)

:D No problem.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there a reason that Johnny is in the cast list?! Don't get my hopes up, Firegazer!! :cry:
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Is there a reason that Johnny is in the cast list?! Don't get my hopes up, Firegazer!! :cry:

I typed Carter so many times I got carried away. :blush:
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the thread :)

I won't be able to watch it live, but I will post after I've seen it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i thought i missed tonight's then :o
  • CalfroCalfro Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Reported this thread, it's too early.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calfro wrote: »

With all due respect, is it really necessary to report the thread?
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,277
    Forum Member
    Why?
    If you want to post then post. If you don't then Don't.
    simple as that.

I don't see a problem with the thread being started early.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Why?
    simple as that.

It is a bit excessive tho when its supposed to be a daily episode thread not two days before the epusode thread. I read this early this morning thinking cant wait for EE when I get home. just realised it wasnt on.
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to see Shabnam in the limelight, looking at the preview. Hoping this big reveal gets the storyline development it deserves. Just on Tuesday the scene where she snapped at Kush after joking about looking in her bag makes me quite intrigued.
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    It is a bit excessive tho when its supposed to be a daily episode thread not two days before the epusode thread. I read this early this morning thinking cant wait for EE when I get home. just realised it wasnt on.

Oh my god. Are you kidding me? How old are you?

I just wanted to put it on early so there's a place for people to talk about it. Why do people on this thread have to moan and be negative about everything? Is it too much to ask that people just have a little respect? >:(

Sorry everyone for posting the episode thread after the previous episode finished. Clearly I'm in the wrong here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Oh my god. Are you kidding me? How old are you?

I just wanted to put it on early so there's a place for people to talk about it. Why do people on this thread have to moan and be negative about everything? Is it too much to ask that people just have a little respect? >:(

Sorry everyone for posting the episode thread after the previous episode finished. Clearly I'm in the wrong here.

yet not one person has discussed the episode apart from me saying I was disappointed it wasn't on? I wasnt the one that reported it was I? I was just commenting on someone elses comments with my thoughts and its a forum you get negative and positive have to take the rough with the smooth. oh and I am twice your age so quit with trying to call me a kid everytime you respond to something I have posted, told you enough times!
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL at people reporting a soap thread on a forum. Does it really matter? Someone can post a thread for the next Christmas episode if they wanted.

I think my sleeping beauty is in tonight's episode. She just needs a kiss from a prince.
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    yet not one person has discussed the episode apart from me saying I was disappointed it wasn't on? I wasnt the one that reported it was I? I was just commenting on someone elses comments with my thoughts and its a forum you get negative and positive have to take the rough with the smooth. oh and I am twice your age so quit with trying to call me a kid everytime you respond to something I have posted, told you enough times!

Well, it's not my problem if people aren't discussing it, I just thought I might as well put it up. I'm not bothered if someone reports it. I shouldn't have to take any negatives, this is a forum about soaps, you shouldn't be targeting the users and belittling them because they posted something a little early. And I've only called you a "kid" (I don't even think I called you a kid) once.

If people really have that much of a problem, I'll ask the mods to take it down. But I shouldn't be made to feel victimised on an anonymous soap forum.

I kind of want to take it down now anyway, this is not how an episode thread should start.
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Why?
    simple as that.

The_abbott wrote: »
    LOL at people reporting a soap thread on a forum. Does it really matter? Someone can post a thread for the next Christmas episode if they wanted.

Thanks you two. :)
  • EaglesEagles Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    I thought Shabnam looked really nice when she took that thing off her head when Stacey did her hair, i think she should get rid of it, it doesn't do her justice

:o wow
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Have posters really resorted to complaining about the timing of a thread being started? It isn't doing anyone any harm being there.

Thanks for the thread anyway. I imagine it will explode on here tonight when Dean is invited to live in the Vic...

Shabnam's secret, puzzled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Well, it's not my problem if people aren't discussing it, I just thought I might as well put it up. I'm not bothered if someone reports it. I shouldn't have to take any negatives, this is a forum about soaps, you shouldn't be targeting the users and belittling them because they posted something a little early. And I've only called you a "kid" (I don't even think I called you a kid) once.

If people really have that much of a problem, I'll ask the mods to take it down. But I shouldn't be made to feel victimised on an anonymous soap forum.

I kind of want to take it down now anyway, this is not how an episode thread should start.

except you were trying to belittle me and the one taking out your problem on me! Like I said I commented it was a little early for a daily thread two days before the episode that's my opinion and nothing negative about it. I Didn't report it someone else did try victimising them not me.

I must of missed the bit where u were targeted no one said anything about you personally just commented on the thread

I Shall put you on ignore save any future problems
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member

Oh my. Do you not have anything better to do with your time than hit the Report buttion?

Have you not thought that maybe the OP will not be around to set up the episode thread nearer thetransmission time?
    Maybe an apology to the OP on your part is in order.
  • CalfroCalfro Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    Oh my. Do you not have anything better to do with your time than hit the Report buttion?

Have you not thought that maybe the OP will not be around to set up the episode thread nearer thetransmission time?
    Maybe an apology to the OP on your part is in order.

After much serious thought, I decided that the report button would not solve the problem, so I didn't report it.