✭✭✭
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30991950

Terrible, RIP to all, condolences to all their families and friends. :(

Comments

• Options
    Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How sad :( This would be my worst way to die I hate flying. I know the statistics are low and I've more chance of falling down the stairs and killing myself but any time I read a story like this I can't begin to imagine how those poor people felt on the way down. Hopefully the injured recover quickly.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the link it states, "one of the pilots performed a wrong manoeuvre during take-off...".

If found to be correct, then it's fortunate for them they were both killed in the accident.

By far the worst air disaster through pilot error was the 2002 Sknyliv Airshow disaster in Ukraine when an Su-27 crashed killing 77 spectators and injuring 543.

Both pilots survived.

In 2005 a Military court sentenced the pilot to 14 years in prison and the co-pilot 8 years for gross negligence and violating flight safety rules. The pilot was also ordered to pay compensation of $1.42 million to the families, the co-pilot $1.18 million.

There is quite a lengthy clip on YouTube of the accident and carnage. It's totally horrific so i'm not linking to it.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    In the link it states, "one of the pilots performed a wrong manoeuvre during take-off...".

If found to be correct, then it's fortunate for them they were both killed in the accident.
    Priceless.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Wasn't that the one where both pilot and co pilot just "banged out" and didn't even try to direct the plane to safety.
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    Wasn't that the one where both pilot and co pilot just "banged out" and didn't even try to direct the plane to safety.

One thing you can't blame the crew for was punching out too early! The Su-27 actually hit the ground before they ejected.
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Priceless.

Can you explain?