Art task - who sold what and who sold the most

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
Forum Member
✭✭
I was wondering if anybody had the stats on this.

I know revolution did really well but they were hampered it appeared with Zoe... they did sell 12 pieces though. Did Zoe sell the most?

I do think she's funny. She makes some of the funniest faces :D

Comments

• brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to the broadcast, Emma's team sold 12 pieces for £6,005, of which £2850 was a single sale by Arjun. I don't know whether he sells more.

Tim's team sold 5 pieces for £2247.30. £1000 of that was two photos sold by Tim in the last minutes to the pub landlord, and we see him sell a third earlier (with the 30% discount). We see Hannah sell one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    According to the broadcast, Emma's team sold 12 pieces for £6,005, of which £2850 was a single sale by Arjun. I don't know whether he sells more.

Tim's team sold 5 pieces for £2247.30. £1000 of that was two photos sold by Tim in the last minutes to the pub landlord, and we see him sell a third earlier (with the 30% discount). We see Hannah sell one.

Looking at it again, we see Hannah sell the green hill photo for either £450 or 500 (she was mentioning discount as part of her sales to get them to buy there and then). Monkseal, who misses little, blogs that she closed two sales. Not sure. We don't see Kirsty sell anything.

The edit for the sale is all over the place. Any little red stickers on the piece's detail card are a sale. The green hill has has three stickers, later in the prog it has two. The black guy that bought the mirror is first seen talking with Emma soon after the doors open (supposedly). The two ladies who Arjun sells to either come back or he's with them for ages.

As we don't see every sale (and for how much actually) trying to work out the maths is impossible. The maths on the antique selling in Series5 doesn't add up at all. Nor do the costs on the soap task as sandelwood is only half the costs alone (so what's the rest) and the other team seem to spend almost nothing on ingredients (with loads of honeycomb? please!).

If the green hill photo had three sales that's 449.10+449.10+349.30 = £1247.50 The 349 is the 30% Countess of Loon (tm Monkseal) aka drunk woman in pink. Then Tim pulls in £1000 from Ben the bar owner. There's your total for Tim's team. So they sold five photos. Three for Tim, one definate Hannah, fifth one? Possibly Hannah, she mostly seen around them. In the edited boardroom though, Kirsty isn't picked up on selling nothing, so maybe she did sell the fifth photo. Or she didn't and Sugar wanted to keep her in the process anyway.

As for team Zoemmarjun, with stuff going for £60 and £120 quid they all may have sold several. Zoe seems to prefer the 'sculpture' works and we don't know their prices but they will be in the hundreds. Oh and Zoe haters, the customer she steals off Emma has a french accent (Zoe speaks french) and she really should greet those buyers she invited herself as that's professional courtesy.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tercet2 wrote: »
    Looking at it again, we see Hannah sell the green hill photo for either £450 or 500 (she was mentioning discount as part of her sales to get them to buy there and then). Monkseal, who misses little, blogs that she closed two sales. Not sure. We don't see Kirsty sell anything.... So they sold five photos. Three for Tim, one definate Hannah, fifth one? Possibly Hannah, she mostly seen around them. In the edited boardroom though, Kirsty isn't picked up on selling nothing, so maybe she did sell the fifth photo. Or she didn't and Sugar wanted to keep her in the process anyway...
    On defending herself against Hannah's accusations in the boardroom, Kirsty stated: 'I sold the same as you'...which was agreed. Mind you that could either mean they sold an equal value or the same number of items.

On the other team, whilst it isn't scientific it's a very safe bet Arjun sold the most - the highest priced item sold by him was 47.5% of their total sales. If anyone had sold more, pretty sure it would have been mentioned. But more to the point, it would mean that the remaining person on the team managed to sell almost nothing...which also would have been mentioned as well as shown for the entertainment value alone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at it again, we see Hannah sell the green hill photo for either £450 or 500 (she was mentioning discount as part of her sales to get them to buy there and then). Monkseal, who misses little, blogs that she closed two sales. Not sure. We don't see Kirsty sell anything.

The edit for the sale is all over the place. Any little red stickers on the piece's detail card are a sale. The green hill has has three stickers, later in the prog it has two. The black guy that bought the mirror is first seen talking with Emma soon after the doors open (supposedly). The two ladies who Arjun sells to either come back or he's with them for ages.

As we don't see every sale (and for how much actually) trying to work out the maths is impossible. The maths on the antique selling in Series5 doesn't add up at all. Nor do the costs on the soap task as sandelwood is only half the costs alone (so what's the rest) and the other team seem to spend almost nothing on ingredients (with loads of honeycomb? please!).

If the green hill photo had three sales that's 449.10+449.10+349.30 = £1247.50 The 349 is the 30% Countess of Loon (tm Monkseal) aka drunk woman in pink. Then Tim pulls in £1000 from Ben the bar owner. There's your total for Tim's team. So they sold five photos. Three for Tim, one definate Hannah, fifth one? Possibly Hannah, she mostly seen around them. In the edited boardroom though, Kirsty isn't picked up on selling nothing, so maybe she did sell the fifth photo. Or she didn't and Sugar wanted to keep her in the process anyway.

As for team Zoemmarjun, with stuff going for £60 and £120 quid they all may have sold several. Zoe seems to prefer the 'sculpture' works and we don't know their prices but they will be in the hundreds. Oh and Zoe haters, the customer she steals off Emma has a french accent (Zoe speaks french) and she really should greet those buyers she invited herself as that's professional courtesy.

But even if she does speak French, she was speaking French to somebody at the time. She was butting in a lot and has been doing it from the first week onwards. If it was one person saying it then fine... but everybody has said it about her.

I don't mind Zoe. I think she is funny, good for the show and she obviously has a brain but I don't think she has shown enough to justify butting in on a weekly basis.

In their team, Arjun made one sale that defuncted everything the other team did and that means he made the most money for the team...
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...Oh and Zoe haters, the customer she steals off Emma has a french accent (Zoe speaks french) and she really should greet those buyers she invited herself as that's professional courtesy.
    That may or may not explain and excuse her rudeness on that occasion, but what about all the others?
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kablamo wrote: »
    ...In their team, Arjun made one sale that defuncted everything the other team did and that means he made the most money for the team...

It was very impressive, but lets not get carried away - Team Emma would still have won handsomely without that one big ticket sale.
    Its difficult to say who did 'best' as consistant lower value sales can be better than the occasional big sale - it could be that in a week no one else would come along with pockets deep enough to buy such a thing.
    As I've posted before I'm looking forward to tonight & seeing Arjun & Kirsty step up to the project manager plate, though in a way its a shame its so late as they haven't got so much chaff left in their teams to manage:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    It was very impressive, but lets not get carried away - Team Emma would still have won handsomely without that one big ticket sale.
    Its difficult to say who did 'best' as consistant lower value sales can be better than the occasional big sale - it could be that in a week no one else would come along with pockets deep enough to buy such a thing.
    As I've posted before I'm looking forward to tonight & seeing Arjun & Kirsty step up to the project manager plate, though in a way its a shame its so late as they haven't got so much chaff left in their teams to manage:D

Aren't they going to be working individually tonight? That's the impression I got.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kablamo wrote: »
    Aren't they going to be working individually tonight? That's the impression I got.

Seems a bit wrong to me if they do - mind you theres no job working for SugaCorp at the end, so perhaps it doesn't matter too much if the winner can get away without demonstrating the ability to manage and lead a team.