Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Ch4 (Use Spoiler Tags)

Comments

• StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EllieD wrote: »
    Just to let everyone know that you can now sign up on Amazon to be notified when series one is released on a region-free Blu-ray DVD. Better than nothing!

In the case of this show, nothing is definitely better! :D
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    And yet you took the time to come in here, to a thread on a show you hate, and make completely irrelevant posting.

Nothing better to do?
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    He's saying there's nothing better than this show. Sounds good to me ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And yet you took the time to come in here, to a thread on a show you hate, and make completely irrelevant posting.

Nothing better to do?

Oh, it`s an appreciation thread is it? I must`ve missed the memo. Imagine how much more you`d defend if it was on the Beeb! :D

If it weren`t for the tie-in with the Marvel movies we all know this appalling show would`ve been shitcanned.
  • sazuburnssazuburns Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    Oh, it`s an appreciation thread is it? I must`ve missed the memo. Imagine how much more you`d defend if it was on the Beeb! :D

If it weren`t for the tie-in with the Marvel movies we all know this appalling show would`ve been shitcanned.

So don't watch it - nobody is holding a gun to your head. I find it good fun, something I can watch with my kids.
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    I don't remember taking Straker off my ignore list but I must have done, foolish mistake, he's straight back on there again !
  • MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm. I wonder how people would take it to learn that BJ Britt's character is shooting scenes in the Avenger's movie The Age of Ultron or that in the States, there's already talk of plans for Season 3?
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikeAP001 wrote: »
    Hmmm. I wonder how people would take it to learn that BJ Britt's character is shooting scenes in the Avenger's movie The Age of Ultron or that in the States, there's already talk of plans for Season 3?

doubt that was him in that blurry Norwich pic because he was in Atlanta filming Being Mary Jane ;-)

+ he looks v different now from when he was on MAOS (v. clean shaven)

more notably he's not on the MAOS panel at SDCC while all the series regulars (incl Fitz) + the writers & producers are :o
  • Osirian08Osirian08 Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Just to let everyone know that you can now sign up on Amazon to be notified when series one is released on a region-free Blu-ray DVD. Better than nothing!

The listing on Amazon.com for the Region 1 release no longer shows the September release date -now replaced by " unavailable" ?
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    Oh, it`s an appreciation thread is it?
    Not at all. But I for one don't spend any time reading, never mind posting, in threads on programmes about which I have no interest it would be a waste of my time. You might want to try it sometime. Just think of all the time you'll save!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    doubt that was him in that blurry Norwich pic because he was in Atlanta filming Being Mary Jane ;-)

+ he looks v different now from when he was on MAOS (v. clean shaven)

more notably he's not on the MAOS panel at SDCC while all the series regulars (incl Fitz) + the writers & producers are :o

Maybe you're right:

http://littlelaurasfilmblog.com/2014/06/13/avengers-2-film-set/

The photos are blurry. But, just because he's filming one show doesn't mean he's not jet setting to film another. ;-)

http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-age-ultron-set-photos-agents-shield/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you're right:

http://littlelaurasfilmblog.com/2014/06/13/avengers-2-film-set/

The photos are blurry. But, just because he's filming one show doesn't mean he's not jet setting to film another. ;-)

http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-age-ultron-set-photos-agents-shield/

reading the comments to that blog makes me even more convinced it wasn't him

the blogger said he looked like Trip with that "beardy thing" but pics posted on social media on 11 + 14 June (blog pic taken on 12 or 13 June) show Britt in Atlanta looking v. clean shaven while filming Being Mary Jane and nothing at all like the Trip we know from MAOS

I also doubt he would be zipping in and out of the set of such a big budget movie between London and Atlanta after only a day as they need time to get into character with costume fittings, makeup, rehearsals, etc before the filming ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all. But I for one don't spend any time reading, never mind posting, in threads on programmes about which I have no interest it would be a waste of my time. !

Good for you. Thankfully, I`m not you! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    reading the comments to that blog makes me even more convinced it wasn't him

the blogger said he looked like Trip with that "beardy thing" but pics posted on social media on 11 + 14 June (blog pic taken on 12 or 13 June) show Britt in Atlanta looking v. clean shaven while filming Being Mary Jane and nothing at all like the Trip we know from MAOS

I also doubt he would be zipping in and out of the set of such a big budget movie between London and Atlanta after only a day as they need time to get into character with costume fittings, makeup, rehearsals, etc before the filming ;-)
    Well, we'll know more after the SDCC 2014. Anyway, the spotting of him and Anthony Mack was over a month ago... at Avengers Academy.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=101839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, we'll know more after the SDCC 2014. Anyway, the spotting of him and Anthony Mack was over a month ago... at Avengers Academy.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=101839

my point exactly

blurry Norwich pic taken on 13 Jun morning, Atlanta pics on 11 & 14 Jun - if he was in Norwich he would have to leave before that blog pic was taken to catch a flight back to Atlanta for the 14 June pic

also 14 June was a Saturday when he was snapped with fans after his morning spin class in Atlanta - if he was in UK on 13 June I doubt he would have rushed all that way back just for that :D

finally a Marvel exec confirmed that Britt isn't in it http://www.vixenvarsity.com/2014/06/15/is-that-agent-triplett-on-the-avengers-2-age-of-ultron-set/#.U8QG67GmWGQ
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my point exactly

blurry Norwich pic taken on 13 Jun morning, Atlanta pics on 11 & 14 Jun - if he was in Norwich he would have to leave before that blog pic was taken to catch a flight back to Atlanta for the 14 June pic

also 14 June was a Saturday when he was snapped with fans after his morning spin class in Atlanta - if he was in UK on 13 June I doubt he would have rushed all that way back just for that :D

finally a Marvel exec confirmed that Britt isn't in it http://www.vixenvarsity.com/2014/06/15/is-that-agent-triplett-on-the-avengers-2-age-of-ultron-set/#.U8QG67GmWGQ

Well, with articles like these around the Internet it's all rumors but it does demonstrate that AOS has a following of sorts to generate the chatter for the show and therest of the MCU:

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2 News: Agent Triplett Cameo In Avengers 2 Debunked? Clark Gregg Talks About Phil Coulson's Role As Shield Director And Danny Pudi As An 'Alien' Spy Rumored

BY Migz Pao | Jul 10, 2014 06:21 AM EDT

Tags Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, season 2, Agent Triplett, cameo debunked, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Clark Gregg, Phil Coulson, Danny Pudi, alien spy, rumors, ABC, Marvel, Comics

Agent Triplett
    (Photo : Marvel)

Good news Marvel fans! New updates for ABC and Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 2 have been revealed.

It seems that B.J. Britt's character Agent Triplett is rumored to make a cameo appearance in the upcoming Avengers sequel Age of Ultron.

Cinemablend first reported that Agent Antoine Triplett will make an appearance in the movie as a photo of him was uploaded by a blogger named Little Laura during the film's shooting at the University of East Anglia campus in Norwich, UK.

Like Us on Facebook

[B.J. Britt as Agent Triplett in the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron]

However, because of the vague image of the photo some comicbook fans debated that it is Anthony Mackie's character Sam Wilson/The Falcon in the photo, while others insist that it is Agent Triplett. So far, Marvel Studios and director Joss Whedon haven't made any statement regarding B.J. Britt's appearance in Avengers 2.

Meanwhile, Clark Gregg gave several insights of his character Phil Coulson in season 2. As we all know that Coulson was appointed by Nick Fury to be the leader of S.H.I.E.L.D. during the season 1 finale of show.

IGN conducted an interview with Clark Gregg and this what he said about Coulson's role as Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

"Well, Coulson got to watch himself pre-memory wipe describing why he thought the whole Tahiti Project was a bad idea. He was talking about all the things that were happening to the people they were using on it and why he suggested they can the whole thing - and looked pretty shaken while he was saying it," he said. "So I've got to suspect that some of the stuff he saw and some of those patients have some version of the stuff that's going to happen to him. So we go from having no SHIELD at all, with a director on the run, to a tiny Guerrilla SHIELD with Agent Coulson at its head, and maybe not in his own right head. That sounds fun. That sounds like an interesting Season 2."

He further adds,

"He's a very different Coulson than the guy who everyone knew. A lot of people who knew him in the old days say, "He's different." I think you would have to be different having gone through that stuff," Gregg said. "So I think he's reinventing himself and re-understanding himself as a person anyway, which is probably really necessary to taking in the new environment and figuring out what SHIELD ought to be in a way that it doesn't get rotten again."

Finally, there have been rumores that "Community" star Danny Pudi will join the show.

According to reports from Digital Spy, Pudi requesteda cameo appearance in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 2.

"Anything is possible. I never thought that 'Captain America' was possible," Pudi tells TVLine. "I also never thought that being on 'Cougar Town' was possible. So ... why not? No one's contacted me about that. But please tell everyone that I am available and interested."

He also appeared in Captain America: The Winter Soldier as a SHIELD technician and directors Joe and Anthony Russo made some comments regarding his cameo in the sequel.

"For us, we're always trying to layer in Easter eggs for people because we know that there's a very rabid fanbase that loves that stuff, and you want to feed that. You want them to get excited, and every time they watch the movie they can rediscover something. Danny was just a very obvious, easy Easter egg. We just felt it would be a nod to our history with and to our friendship with him to have him appear in the movie. "

But, a rumored spoiler has spread into the internet regarding Danny Pudi's appearance in the show

Comicvine reports that the "Community" star's cameo appearance might be different as the website claimed that Marvel plans on putting an “alien” spy in the ranks of the new and improved S.H.I.E.L.D. to watch over Phil Coulson. It is not yet speculated whether this alien is a Kree, a Skrull or even an Inhuman.

So what do you think of the new updates for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 2?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just some information about Season 2:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2014/07/17/agent-coulson-and-shield-are-in-a-bit-of-a-pickle-in-season-2/

Agent Coulson and ‘SHIELD’ Are in ‘a Bit of a Pickle’ in Season 2

New job, new responsibilities, new dangers.

When Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns in September for its second season, fans can expect things to heat up for Phil Coulson, recently appointed director of the recently dissolved Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division.

“Last we saw them, they were being hunted,” co-showrunner Jed Whedon tells Zap2It.com. “They were no one’s friends. They’re in a bit of a pickle when we find them.”

Coulson in particular will be having a hard time trusting people, given all of the Hydra betrayals at the end of the first season.

“Once we could say ‘Hydra’ and there were double-crosses and spies in our midst, the show got really interesting,” said executive producer Jeffrey Bell, “and so [we're] continuing that with S.H.I.E.L.D. and Coulson not willing to trust people and not willing to bring people in, but having to because he doesn’t have as many resources; we think we can keep that ‘trust no one’ alive.”

Overall, the people running Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. feel much more confident about their second season than their first, which was panned by many critics, despite an uptick in quality with the final cluster of episodes.

“We have our arcs, we have our tentpoles, and we have quite a few off the board,” said co-showrunner Maurissa Tancharoen. “We’re starting production on our first episode next week, so that’s pretty fun.”

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns Sept. 23 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member

If you have Amazon Prime you can buy it and have it available. I've been rewatching it at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just some information about Season 2:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2014/07/17/agent-coulson-and-shield-are-in-a-bit-of-a-pickle-in-season-2/

Agent Coulson and ‘SHIELD’ Are in ‘a Bit of a Pickle’ in Season 2

New job, new responsibilities, new dangers.

When Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns in September for its second season, fans can expect things to heat up for Phil Coulson, recently appointed director of the recently dissolved Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division.

“Last we saw them, they were being hunted,” co-showrunner Jed Whedon tells Zap2It.com. “They were no one’s friends. They’re in a bit of a pickle when we find them.”

Coulson in particular will be having a hard time trusting people, given all of the Hydra betrayals at the end of the first season.

“Once we could say ‘Hydra’ and there were double-crosses and spies in our midst, the show got really interesting,” said executive producer Jeffrey Bell, “and so [we're] continuing that with S.H.I.E.L.D. and Coulson not willing to trust people and not willing to bring people in, but having to because he doesn’t have as many resources; we think we can keep that ‘trust no one’ alive.”

Overall, the people running Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. feel much more confident about their second season than their first, which was panned by many critics, despite an uptick in quality with the final cluster of episodes.

“We have our arcs, we have our tentpoles, and we have quite a few off the board,” said co-showrunner Maurissa Tancharoen. “We’re starting production on our first episode next week, so that’s pretty fun.”

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns Sept. 23 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.

"he doesn't have as many resources"

- ties in with rumours about the show being downsized because the ratings weren't good enough ;-)
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Hope she ends up as Madame Hydra! :D
  • hasimirrossihasimirrossi Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Really looking forward to seeing her in the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rumour is that she'll play recurring character Mary Maloney a highly skilled Shield agent who can 'command any room' (and boasts 'effortless sex appeal') ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rather disappointing casting announcements

+ looks like Marvel doesn't want to use any big name characters (tho they did mention a hot-looking new Mockingbird character)

the actor who plays the big bad for s2 is hopeless and nowhere in the same league as Paxton who revived s1

I wonder if they'll introduce a new big bad later on when ratings flag