Options

Dvix DVD players with USB input

I've looked at loads of these but in the reviews the video files won't play through the USB port, only MP3 and Jpeg files.
I want one that will play the Dvix files through a USB drives.
Can anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My father bought two of these recently.

The Onn unit in Asda will play movies through USB, as will a Philips unit costing around the £50 mark.

Unfortunately I am not sure of the model numbers of either, sorry.

BTW I wouldn't recommend the Onn, the build quality of the two we had were very poor, the USB socket breaking within an hour on the second one, so I'd suggest the Philips of the two.

The problem being that while I know for a fact that the £30 Asda special does the job (although it has an annoying quirk in that if you switch from HDMI to SCART, you need to plug in a SCART cable to get it back again as you need to work through a menu to get HDMI to function), I'm only told that the Philips can -- I've not seen it for myself.

If you don't want to connect using HDMI the Onn may be the cheap option you're after.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Phillips 5960 DVD player plays MPEG-2, DivX, etc. from a USB pendrive. But because it's stupidly USB 1.1 (USB 2.0 has been out for ages) it can't handle high bitrates.

Whichever one you buy make sure the USB input is USB 2.0.