HDMi swith ... Projector

Hi,

Haven't posted for a while, sorry, been busy.

I am looking at purchasing an infocus IN78 projector (HD) for home (now reduced to £999) and want to use it in addition to our plasma. Plasma is best for every-day viewing, but projector would be great for films. I'm also looking at adding blue-ray via HDMi to the projector.

Problem is I would ideally like to add a connection from our Sky HD box to the projector.

The sky HD has one HDMi output & I need to feed the plasma AND the projector with it.

Can you get / are there such things as a switch which will enable me to split the one output to two sources? They will only be used for one or the other, never both at the same time.

I know the projector can take two HDMi inputs & I also know that Sky HD has component outputs which i could use, but i have just tried them and they're worse than rubbish (has a blank, black section on screen to the right quarter of the screen + PQ is awful + + + ). Component works fine from the dvd player, but not from sky ... don't ask, i'm just not interested. (i suspect below average sky box quality courtesy of Thompson?)

I have separate arrangements for the sound. No problems there.

Any help given will be greatly received.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Plus, when i used to visit these forums regularly, there was a guy that also posted, who worked at Sevenoaks, but i can't remember his user name or which branch of Sevenoaks he was at.

Are you still about? Are you reading?

Sevenoaks Wolverhampton is closing later this year, I'm gutted! Steve is ace!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like you need an HDMI splitter - googling should find you something suitable.

Since you only want to use one display at a time, you should hopefully avoid the biggest problem of splitters which is that its difficult for them to work well with two displays of different capabilities.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    They have 1>2 and 1>4 versions here:

http://www.avrio.co.uk/acatalog/HDMI_Extenders__Switches__Splitters_and_Matrix_Switches.html

I've used them, they work fine.

If you phone up, ask for Liam & tell him Pondy sent you :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Thanks Cath.

Going to see a Runco 510 on Friday.

And i will use HDMI for everything. No scarts, phono or component - eh sancheez ?

What could be simpler ?

Fujitsu 42" plasma P42HHA
    Roksan Kandy mk.III Amp
    Roksan Kandy mk.III CD
    Wharfedale EVO30 loudspeakers
    Harmon-Kardon DVD player
    Sky HD

Soon to be ;
    Projector & Screen (76" * 43") (87" diagonal)
    Blue-Ray (probably a PS3)
    Onkyo TX-SR805 HD 7.1 AV Amplifier