well the story arc surely is obvious now

garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
Forum Member
its the crack that was on twice in week 1, then right at the end of week 2.

Also
The mention of him going back to Amy 12 years late, then when he went back again to Amy he was 2 years late(i think) and today when he met Winston Churchill he said I phoned you 1 month ago.

Comments

• Weeping DreamsWeeping Dreams Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What in God's name are you on about?:confused:
  • TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Yeah. At least have the sense and decency to let us know whihc PROGRAM you're talking about???
  • Steve PearceSteve Pearce Posts: 1,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's another mislocated DW thread.
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    It's another mislocated DW thread.

sorry
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    I hope we won't see
    the Daleks AGAIN

in this season finale.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I also hope this isn't another way for Rose to turn up again or the Doctor's clone. We have seen enough of them. A bit disappointed that the crack seems to be rammed down our throats a bit especially when "Bad Wolf" was tastefully and subtly put in at first.
  • FATCHOPSFATCHOPS Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellita wrote: »
    I also hope this isn't another way for Rose to turn up again or the Doctor's clone. We have seen enough of them. A bit disappointed that the crack seems to be rammed down our throats a bit especially when "Bad Wolf" was tastefully and subtly put in at first.

I think Moffat's too smart for that. As well as the obvious crack in time there will be another subtle theme. I'm sure of it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    FATCHOPS wrote: »
    I think Moffat's too smart for that. As well as the obvious crack in time there will be another subtle theme. I'm sure of it!

Looking at it your way has given me some hope. That would be a shock if there was an underlying theme and a fantastic twist. Moffat is my favourite of the DW writers and Blink is my favourite episode. I shall keep my faith in Mr Moffat and hope for the best.:)
  • Counting.No.AgeCounting.No.Age Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Ellita wrote: »
    e. That would be a shock if there was an underlying theme and a fantastic twist.

Hoping for this, we have practically ended on a 'Crack' now for all the episodes. We get it guys, there is a crack in time/space!!
    Im sure the Moff will make it into a good story, hopefully the payoff will be worth the endless 'cracks'!

Rose and 10.5 should never, ever be brought back. EVER!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    I agree that the crack seems too obvious, although it will presumably be relevant. It would be great if there was something else that none of us notice until much nearer the end of the series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have a water theme as well in the series....

Amy Pond, River Song, and also remember what The Doctor said about the Duck Pond in Leadworth.

There is also a Starwars arc :D:D

In the Beast Below, the tongue scene is in my opinion similar to two Starwars scenes, the time in A new Hope where Leah, Luke, Hans and Chewie fall into the garbage disposal. And when in The Empire strikes back the Millenium Falcon lands inside a creature.

In Victory of the Daleks, the scene were by the spitfire is shooting the Dalek ship reminds me on the time when Rogue Squadron attacked the Deathstar....

And the new sonic screwdriver looks similar to a lightsabre....

:D:D

Clearly the series finale is going to be the Doctor in a lightsabre duel with a Sith Lord. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    yeah moff wouldn't just make something so obvious. just think back to SITL: "
    4026 saved
    That's so ambiguous.

Besides, this
    Silence Will Fall/Pandorica
    business is unexplained as of yet. And is it possible that referring to TBB,
    forgetting
    is another form of silence?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    We have a water theme as well in the series....

Amy Pond, River Song, and also remember what The Doctor said about the Duck Pond in Leadworth.

There is also a Starwars arc :D:D

In the Beast Below, the tongue scene is in my opinion similar to two Starwars scenes, the time in A new Hope where Leah, Luke, Hans and Chewie fall into the garbage disposal. And when in The Empire strikes back the Millenium Falcon lands inside a creature.

In Victory of the Daleks, the scene were by the spitfire is shooting the Dalek ship reminds me on the time when Rogue Squadron attacked the Deathstar....

And the new sonic screwdriver looks similar to a lightsabre....

:D:D

Clearly the series finale is going to be the Doctor in a lightsabre duel with a Sith Lord. ;)

If you're going for The Beast Below, I'm surprised you haven't jumped on 'Help us Doctor, you're our only hope'.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a bit of a royal theme going on too.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dobsy wrote: »
    There's a bit of a royal theme going on too.

Where? Obviously Liz Ten in The Beast Below but I can't think of royal references in The Eleventh Hour or Victory of the Daleks. :o
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Eleventh Hour mentioned a post office, and Victory had members of HM Forces.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Eleventh Hour mentioned a post office, and Victory had members of HM Forces.

That is just trying too hard to find stuff :p:D
  • MansunMansun Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a man with a face and two legs in the first episode. Didn't think much of it at the time, but I'm pretty sure we saw someone else with a face and two legs in each of the following episodes.

Must be some sort of arc going on there! ;)
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Well there was the "Royal Leadworth Hospital", but i can't say I spotted anything royal tonight ;)

Themes so far:-

Cracks in time/reality
    The Doctor showing up late - because of his Tardiness :cool:
    Time being a bit off generally - Rory's ID badge
    Nods to Star Wars
    Forgetting crucial things - Amy & the Daleks, the citizens of Starship UK
    Loneliness/Isolation - Young Amy, Prisoner Zero?, the Starwhale, the Doc himself of course, and from next weeks episode
    the last of the Weeping Angels
  • swirlygirlswirlygirl Posts: 5,390
    Forum Member
    I have been thinking about Star Wars, but also The Last Starfighter, what with the knocking out of the beam under the Dalek ship tonight...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So far the story arc all seems to be about Amy's crack.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there may also be a 1940s story arc.

This week was set during the 1940s, last week's wasn't set in the 1940s but the whole ship was decorated as such and not explained, and if you watch the preview for next week:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/episodes/b00s8dwd/videos/p007dv2w
    At the start, Alex Kingston's hairstyle does have a 1940s look to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    so its all about a "subspace anomaly" ?
  • JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so its all about a "subspace anomaly" ?

Nah...it's definitely a crack :D
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Mansun wrote: »
    I saw a man with a face and two legs in the first episode. Didn't think much of it at the time, but I'm pretty sure we saw someone else with a face and two legs in each of the following episodes.

Must be some sort of arc going on there! ;)

LOL :D So true! It's good fun though.