Options

A Month Late -Dr is always late this series

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
Forum Member
So Winston Churchill said he called the Dr a MONTH ago.

This seems like a theme this season. 12 years late, then 2 years late both with Amy. The WC calls the Dr and turns up 1 month late...

Not sure what it's about but reckon it has something to do with the crack in the tardis screen from T 11th D.

Comments

• Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I am beginning to wonder about that as well....
  • Options
    JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Yes, I am beginning to wonder about that as well....

He did actually take his time visiting the Ood in spite of the warnings at the beginning of TEOTT...so a continuation of a theme rather than a new one?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    He did actually take his time visiting the Ood in spite of the warnings at the beginning of TEOTT...so a continuation of a theme rather than a new one?

yes but that was intentional, this doesnt seem to be intentional.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leadworth is an anagram of Dr Who Late, isn't it?

Coincidence?
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Coincidence?

Thats VERY interesting.

Or a coincidence.

Who knows! :D
  • Options
    DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Certainly curious considering the old Tardis, in the RTD years at least, could land on a sixpence (and whatever the temporal equivalent of a sixpence would be).

Something seems to be wrong, either the Tardis or the universe the Tardis is travelling in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member

Coincidence?

I have it on good authority that Dr Who Late is the new spin off! it'll be like Hollyoaks Late and will have your favourite who characters swearing and having sex....oh wait that's Torchwood..sorry
  • Options
    ODS_NerdODS_Nerd Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    But the tardis was always late in the old Dr Who days.

Part of me is glad it's back to being unreliable but then the other part of me is wondering if it's part of the crack in the universe theme.

Time being manipulated etc... that's a bit too DoctorDonna for me though and that was done by RTD.

I dunno though.... I'm conflicted haha
  • Options
    TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ODS_Nerd wrote: »

Or early.

Or in a completely different place.

And sometimes, any or all of the above in combination.
  • Options
    Syn22Syn22 Posts: 459
    Forum Member

I wouldn't say unreliable...the TARDIS always manages to be where the action is, irregardless of where the Doctor wants to go.

Recently it DOES seem to be reliable though...the Doctor says it's because its new...
    I think it's because it's regenerated in a paralel universe. It crashed because it followed the Daleks through the dimensional hole they created by experimenting with that oblivium technology
  • Options
    Syn22Syn22 Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Syn22 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say unreliable...the TARDIS always manages to be where the action is, irregardless of where the Doctor wants to go.

Recently it DOES seem to be unreliable though...the Doctor says it's because its new...
    I think it's because it's regenerated in a paralel universe. It crashed because it followed the Daleks through the dimensional hole they created by experimenting with that oblivium technology

*Correcting typo
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member

It was also kept for the Ninth Doctor in 2005, first accidentally ending up 6(?) years off and in Cardiff for The Unquiet Dead, then of course being a year late back to London in Aliens of London, could of sworn there was one other point in that series where it ended up in the wrong place. It seemed to be fixed by the time the whole Bad Wolf arc closed and the Doctor regenertaed (and in a coincidence, the Tardis set was re-built for Series 2 onwards losing that Dark Green Glow and messy enviroment).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    The Doctor is late?!

Oh god, I hope this doesn't mean a pregnancy storyline for DW. I don't think I could handle that.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have it on good authority that Dr Who Late is the new spin off! it'll be like Hollyoaks Late and will have your favourite who characters swearing and having sex....oh wait that's Torchwood..sorry

And Amy will be late, too.