Options

How do shy/quiet people ever get married?

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Work was one of the options I had considered. I was once told never to engage in a relationship (or indeed ask anyone out) who I worked with as if things didn't go well it could make things difficult in the long term.

Personally I won't actually let that bother me. :D I would have loved to go out with a girl I work with at the moment, but she has a boyfriend. :( Still, that might not last forever...*hopes*

I'm hoping with either time or drugs (;)) I can find a balance between social mute and life and soul type person.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before I met my other half, I was unbelievably shy and quiet (you wouldn't guess I was now if you new me lol :p)...So from my experiance if you find the right person and you fall in love you get an amazing amount of confidence, and you just come out of your shell :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,134
    Forum Member
    Hello:)

A lot of shy, socially awkward people, never get married.

Nor have an enduring relationship.

The idea that everyone will have a chance of love, connection of a relationship, is wildly optimistic and usually a view informed by film.

Or an innate sense/wish of fairness.

One has to use the fear of complete loneliness as a galvanising force for social change.

And if the fear of being lonely becomes larger than the fear of social interaction- some success may be had.

And remember- everyone is beautiful, no exceptions.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of load irritating people never get married either.

So what if you're quiet. Anyone would think that was a bad thing. I don't understand people who think we should all be louid noisey and outgoing.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Hello:)

A lot of shy, socially awkward people, never get married.

Nor have an enduring relationship.

The idea that everyone will have a chance of love, connection of a relationship, is wildly optimistic and usually a view informed by film.

Or an innate sense/wish of fairness.

One has to use the fear of complete loneliness as a galvanising force for social change.

And if the fear of being lonely becomes larger than the fear of social interaction- some success may be had.

And remember- everyone is beautiful, no exceptions.

Seconded, but if you keep repeating 'You'll meet someone when the time is right' and the like, you'll meet someone:rolleyes:

OP thought about joining a Pick Up Artist's group?
    Might help on two counts break that shyness barrier and you'll get girls.
    Finding a confident friend to do a lot of the heavy lifting for you and hang off their coat tails.
    It worked for me when I was younger.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member

OP thought about joining a Pick Up Artist's group?
    Might help on two counts break that shyness barrier and you'll get girls.
    Finding a confident friend to do a lot of the heavy lifting for you and hang off their coat tails.
    It worked for me when I was younger.

Not entirely sure what that is, sounds a bit like becoming a guy who sleazes on to every woman going?! Whilst I admit I need to be a bit better at approaching girls, not sure I want to go too far the other way...On the other hand it could be totally different and very helpful, please enlighten me!

Confident friend I'm in two minds about. Part of me thinks its a good idea, as you say, they do most of the chatting and I can chip in as and when. The other part of me thinks it might make me look even more socially awkward.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    comedyfish wrote: »
    you say that now, but as time goes on and you get more desperate for pussy.....

lol good one