Richard Allinson

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    simon243 wrote: »
    13 million listeners say you're wrong.

Richard is solid but bland. He'll never get daytimes. Radio 2 daytime is about entertaining the masses, not keeping a few anoraks happy with dull facts about the Bonzo Dog Doodah Band. That's what Big L's there for.

Yes the masses are happy with being patronised along the lines of 'See What I Did There'
    Richard this morning played a Bruce Springsteen track 'Ain't Good Enough For You,' and 'compared' it to a similar sounding track by Gary US Bonds which I found very enlightening.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Allinson sums up everything that is wrong with British radio.

He has got to be the dullest bloke ever to don headphones and sit in front of a microphone (though Craig Charles is making a strong challenge for that particular title).

Getting rid of him between songs and putting in a bit of atmospheric static would be a vast improvement, and save the BBC a few quid in wages as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ': wrote:
    Hannah;46913297']Richard this morning played a Bruce Springsteen track 'Ain't Good Enough For You,' and 'compared' it to a similar sounding track by Gary US Bonds which I found very enlightening.
    Enlightening, maybe.
    Entertaining? No.
  • Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member
    nobby1862 wrote: »

He has got to be the dullest bloke ever to don headphones and sit in front of a microphone (though Craig Charles is making a strong challenge for that particular title).

Getting rid of him between songs and putting in a bit of atmospheric static would be a vast improvement, and save the BBC a few quid in wages as well.

Really? That's a bit harsh. I'd have thought that accolade would have gone to Global :D

Nah, seriously, I can see your point - and I can understand why you might not like him. But Allinson is a safe pair of hands on almost any show - that's what makes him a good stand in rather than a regular host. You need presenters like him on your books to carry staff who take long holidays, time off sick etc.
  • RadioQuietRadioQuiet Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I liked his saturday afternoon show that he presented in the early 2000s. While he is a decent presenter I don't think I could listen to him on a daily basis for a long period of time. He's just not that engaging.
  • FenboyFenboy Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    nobby1862 wrote: »

This is a direct quote (from me) on an unrelated post, but is MY opinion of what is wrong with british radio, and it aint Richard Allinson...

"I cannot stand those breakfast shows with a smug nasally Dave Clifton jock with a giggly dumb sounding Gayle Tuesday sidekick.

As for banter - its usually rubbish like:

Jock: This is naff breakfast, and last night I ate too much chocolate.
    Sidekick: Oooh I love chocolate
    Jock: That not the only thing you love is it - snigger
    Sidekick: Cheeky! Although I doo love shoes.
    Jock: Thats what I meant - shoes!
    Sidekick: Do YOU love chocolate OR shoes? You can text us on 654321 starting your text "naff"
    Jock: Big brother gossip on the way after the same record we played this time yesterday..

Awful!"