Options

A revelation

5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I thought the worst when I was invited for a night on the town to celebrate a friends 40th. I assumed the town was going to be full of 18 year old kids puking their guts out and fighting each other. It turned out that the town is now full of 30 and 40 year old kids, and I swear some even looked as old as 50. Who knew? I might do it again!
In my day 30 or 40 somethings were mocked if they entered a bar or pub on a Friday or Saturday night.
Is it the same where you live?

Comments

• Options
    MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 35 and live in Bromley, I'll go out once a week or fortnight into town and tend to do it on a sat night. Friday nights tend to be younger and Sats a lot more couplesand older people. I also go to a wine bar or somewhere rather than local Weatherspoons which has a younger crowd :)
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    30/40 year old kids?
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Were these middle-aged reprobates puking and fighting too?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MinnieMinz wrote: »
    I'm 35 and live in Bromley, I'll go out once a week or fortnight into town and tend to do it on a sat night. Friday nights tend to be younger and Sats a lot more couplesand older people. I also go to a wine bar or somewhere rather than local Weatherspoons which has a younger crowd :)

Yes definitely tried to avoid Weathspoons and such like. The people in those bars looked ready to fight with anyone that might look at them wrong :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Were these middle-aged reprobates puking and fighting too?

Nope, they appeared to have at least outgrown that. They mostly all looked to be quite happy.