GTA V Online: Are You Ready?

1107108109110111113»

Comments

• gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but the last couple of days i have been killed in my own garage.I'll be in my garage & there is an explosion & i die.It doesn't come up with who killed me.It sometimes comes up as wasted or i don't spwan & i have to leave the session.

I'm guessing it's some sort of hack from somebody who is in the same lobby as me.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Anyone else d/l the update to Online yesterday?

Must admit I'm a bit disappointed that they added the Voodoo to the low riders that you can buy - only because I actually went to the trouble of tracking one down when it was a rare.

Still it was nice to be able to buff out all its rust and scuffs and turn it into a proper flashy set of wheels... Mind you, it cost a blooming fortune to do it.

I'll have to start doing heists again if I want another pimped out low rider!
    Forum Member
    For those that aren't aware, following the update on tuesday you can now buy a 4th property in GTA Online.

And until Sunday night/Monday morning (25th October) when you buy an apartment with a 10 car garage you'll get a 25% rebate on the purchase price from R* provided you are registered with the social club, have a valid email address and are in crew.
  • urbanhermiturbanhermit Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    For those that aren't aware, following the update on tuesday you can now buy a 4th property in GTA Online.

And until Sunday night/Monday morning (25th October) when you buy an apartment with a 10 car garage you'll get a 25% rebate on the purchase price from R* provided you are registered with the social club, have a valid email address and are in crew.

Hi Brass

It's a good update although I've too much money on a Banshee and Moonbeam so need to start grinding missions again.

What system do you play on?
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    It's a pretty shite update in my opinion. It just feels a bit passe, as if it has come far too late and belongs to the San Andreas game, i.e. in the past. The upgrades to the few cars you can actually modify at Benny's are ridiculously expensive (for example, over $400,000 just to upgrade the Voodoo from a junker, to an upgradeable car, and that's before anything else!)

The new missions are dull, and the clothing and haircuts are okay if you're playing as a black character.

Crap.

I enjoyed playing as the Beast the other day in Hunt the Beast though.

Here's an idea Rockstar, get working on this extended fan map of San Andreas

http://www.davmi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/GTA-San-Andreas.jpg
  • Javier_deVivreJavier_deVivre Posts: 1,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Online is dull to me full stop. Always has been.

Haven't even bothered playing GTA V after reading that it was a GTA Online exclusive update and the content wasn't brought over to GTA V itself. Had it been I might I had a fool around with the cars and mods.

Online is just too much of a grind to get money for me to find it interested.
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Online is dull to me full stop. Always has been.

Haven't even bothered playing GTA V after reading that it was a GTA Online exclusive update and the content wasn't brought over to GTA V itself. Had it been I might I had a fool around with the cars and mods.

Are you in a crew, have any friends? Makes a big difference- I've had a blast.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad we have been given a 4th garage, although I still haven't full filled my third yet with cars I wasn't happy to sell. I think this might help me get back into the game as I now have plenty of garage space to start collecting more cars for hot lapping.

I quote like the new update but its a bit expensive and sadly its now made the Buccaneer much much more popular. I used to love driving my Buc around because nobody else really drove them in public.

I have never really found making money a grind. I play regularly with friends and we enjoy creating tracks and hot lapping the cars around them which earn quite a bit of cash. We also quite enjoy missions. Now R* have added daily challenges that also help keep the money ticking over and if you are playing with friends its very easy to blast them off in 10-15minutes as they can all easily be earn in private with just 2 people, 25k per day + 100k if you do 7 days in a row.
  • faws22faws22 Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    when does the holloween event end
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those still playing GTA V on last gen consoles, even though there are no more DLC updates for the
    older gaming systems, a new patch update (1.29) has been released by R* this week to remove known
    glitches that allow cheating and generate unauthorised extra GTA $, along with other bugfixes.

It's really only a matter of time before the cheaters and glitchers that still affect the last gen systems
    move on up to the current gen consoles. That's assuming they haven't already started to appear!
  • grokegroke Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    New DLC out today: Executives and other Criminals
    Forum Member
    8Million for the fancy boat!

I'm going to have to start doing the heists again.
    Forum Member

I'm going to have to start doing the heists again.

I was lucky enough to have enough money to get a yacht - with all the trimmings, it was about $10m.

Good fun though - especially the defence system! ;-)

There is a double RP / GTA$ from today till the 20th on Adversary modes, so a good chance to make some money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

$10 million fully customised... Although it does come with a $2Mill (?) helicopter, 2 boats and 4 speedophiles.

5th property added as well now. I bought a house for the sake of it, waste of money really but hey, its new so why not.

The Schafter V12 is awesome.
    Forum Member
    I agree, Hotbird - the Schafter V12 is incredible and actually faster than the T20 in a straight line.

Played some of the new Extraction adversary mode yesterday and very good fun.

Now, if Rockstar could just add Liberty City for Christmas, that would be fantastic!
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now, if Rockstar could just add Liberty City for Christmas, that would be fantastic!
    It would be nice, but highly unlikely, since R* would need to totally recreate the LC from GTA IV, and update
    all the textures to accomodate the abilities and graphics of the current gen gaming consoles and PC's.
    Even if they made it look as much like it did back in 2008 with a certain Serbian terrorist!

TBH, I do think it'll be a few more years before we see LC again, and it probably won't look anything like
    it did in GTA IV. It might have a very similar layout, but a lot of the streets and buildings will be different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone got Vice City and San Andreas for the PS4?

I got them both and I am got enjoying playing through again.
    Although it is a bit strange going back to the PS2 era game controls on a PS4 controller.
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Has anyone got Vice City and San Andreas for the PS4?

I got them both and I am got enjoying playing through again.
    Although it is a bit strange going back to the PS2 era game controls on a PS4 controller.

very tempted to get vice city (so many memories!!), what's the judder like?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    very tempted to get vice city (so many memories!!), what's the judder like?

Haven't experienced much at all.

Get a fair bit on San Andreas though at times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Double cash on VIP Missions until Thursday.

I wish Rockstar advertised these event periods better, usually they dont tell anyone until its began.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Double cash on VIP Missions until Thursday.

I wish Rockstar advertised these event periods better, usually they dont tell anyone until its began.

They usually gives a heads up on their Twitter a day or so before, just gotta get through all those GTAOnline posts retweeting youTubers.