VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Any idea when it starts??

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw an advert for the new season of House starting soon on Sky 1 HD. Haven't seen anything about Fringe unfortunately. In the US House starts on 20th September while Fringe starts on 23rd. A House/Fringe double bill on Sunday on Sky 1 would be very tasty indeed.
  • dronkuladronkula Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Sky kept Fringe back until the New Year and then start it in Jan so that they can do the whole season run straight through without taking a break?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dronkula wrote: »
    I thought Sky kept Fringe back until the New Year and then start it in Jan so that they can do the whole season run straight through without taking a break?

I think that last year there was a gap mid-season around Christmas which was longer than the US gap because Sky didn't want a second gap later on.

The Sky website (here) suggests that Fringe will return "in October".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the US there was a seven week break (4th Feb- 1st April 2010) becuase Fox didn't really know what to do with the show. Sky decided to delay airing new eps until they could restart with an unbroken run.
    UK Broadcasters are in a catch-22 situation really. Air new eps at close to US pace but then run into problems when the US take breaks for holidays and sweeps etc. Or hold back until they can do an uninterrupted run but loose viewers who can't wait and go at US pace.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UKTV Guide has the new seasons of Fringe & SGU starting on Sky 1 on Tuesday 5th October. It also has the new House starting Sunday 3rd October. I use this online guide a lot and it is very reliable.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UKTV Guide has the new seasons of Fringe & SGU starting on Sky 1 on Tuesday 5th October. It also has the new House starting Sunday 3rd October. I use this online guide a lot and it is very reliable.

Didn't it use to air on a Sunday?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »

I think Season 2 aired on a Tuesday. Of course with my terrible memory could be wrong. Personally I would have loved a House/Fringe double bill on a Sunday:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Season 2 aired on a Tuesday. Of course with my terrible memory could be wrong. Personally I would have loved a House/Fringe double bill on a Sunday:)

Yes, the last series was on Tuesdays. I think an earlier series was on Sunday, until they decided to put Lost/24/House on Sundays... the question is what will go on there now that 24 and Lost have finished?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=44096133&postcount=56

According to this it starts in sky 1 on 5 October so continuing on a Tuesday:). Just noticed the person who wrote that only has 1 post count and has since not posted anything.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »

Just checked on TV.com. The first 10 eps of S2 did in fact air on a Sunday. There was a large gap (from Dec '09 to March '10) and it came back on a Tuesday on Sky 1. So in fact we were both right.

Geektown(?) confirms House & Fringe start dates on Sky 1. Never heard of this site before. Anyone used it before?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a promo for the fox broadcast but it's the first episode...

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/fringe-season-3-new-promo.html

Nothing to spoilery
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have seen an ad for season 7 of House on Sky saying it is indeed starting 3th October. So the 5th should be correct for Fringe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    I have seen an ad for season 7 of House on Sky saying it is indeed starting 3th October. So the 5th should be correct for Fringe.

SGU & Fringe on a Tuesday double bill. Should be interesting?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    House 03/10
    Fringe 05/10

Confirmed on Digital Spy's PLP page.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    I don't think I've had Sky1 on since Fringe finished last time around.

With 24 and Lost wrapped up there's a dearth of any quality on there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UKTV Guide has new NCIS LA starting on Monday 4th October. This is pure speculation though as it doesn't give an episode title like it did with the House & Fringe dates I posted earlier.
    If true then Sky 1 will be coming back with a bang. House, NCIS LA, Fringe & SGU all starting within a few days of each other. All we need is Bones & Caprica start days and we have a full House:)
    I can't think of another US show that they run with( Looks like they've binned Cold Case:cry:) Anyone care to mention one I've missed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    House and fringe start dates are also on digiguide, along with stargate universe which also starts on 05/10

SU 05/10 21.00-22.00
    Fringe 05/10 22.00-23.00
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    House and fringe start dates are also on digiguide, along with stargate universe which also starts on 05/10

SU 05/10 21.00-22.00
    Fringe 05/10 22.00-23.00

Sky 1's been really barren since Lost & 24 finished. Looks like they are coming back big time. I'm going to need another HD box at this rate. Because Living HD & FX are rather tasty as well at the mo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky 1's been really barren since Lost & 24 finished. Looks like they are coming back big time. I'm going to need another HD box at this rate. Because Living HD & FX are rather tasty as well at the mo.

Yes so much choice, good sky are continuing with the great US Drama, had this feeling they were going to start to show lesser UK shows, got me worried.

Its a hard choice, have already dumped medium as its too boring now (hubby's pleased this is gone, he hated it) might have to dump a few other shows to make way for the better new stuff on its way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    House 03/10
    Fringe 05/10

Confirmed on Digital Spy's PLP page.

I'd almost forgotten about that page!

Great news re Fringe :)

Still haven't got round to watching House but will do a massive catch up from the beginning at some point...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vickster69 wrote: »
    I'd almost forgotten about that page!

Great news re Fringe :)

Still haven't got round to watching House but will do a massive catch up from the beginning at some point...

That page is good but its not updated often enough, shame really as there are many good shows not even on that list.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So to summarise. We are getting:-

Sun- House
    Mon- NCIS LA(kicks off with double bill:))
    Tue- SGU & Fringe

Still no news of Bones(Thurs as usual?) and Caprica.
  • gerdavgerdav Posts: 370
    Forum Member

Still no news of Bones(Thurs as usual?) and Caprica.

I cant find the story anymore and it was by no means official, but it said Sky are holding back Bones until early 2011 and are planning on pairing it with season 3 of Lie To Me, while also avoiding the mid season break.

It's just speculation right now so take with a pinch of salt, and I am sorry I cant remember where I read it to provide a link to the story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gerdav wrote: »
    I cant find the story anymore and it was by no means official, but it said Sky are holding back Bones until early 2011 and are planning on pairing it with season 3 of Lie To Me, while also avoiding the mid season break.

It's just speculation right now so take with a pinch of salt, and I am sorry I cant remember where I read it to provide a link to the story.

I've read about the early 2011 date for Bones as well. It's being discussed on the Sky 1 boards but it's speculation so not 100% reliable.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    B*mmer, I usually start the Fringe series threads. :D Saw a trailer today. Heavy focus on alt Olivia from the looks of it.