Batman Arkham Knight arrived this morning!

Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Very happy! Anyone else get theres or is this unusually early? Looking forward to tonight :cool:

Comments

• JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep mine came today, still doing the update though so haven't played it yet. Not able to download the scarecrow missions and the Harley Quinn Story Pack, but I think that's due to the fact the game isn't technically out yet.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Got mine today too.
  • Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    Yep mine came today, still doing the update though so haven't played it yet. Not able to download the scarecrow missions and the Harley Quinn Story Pack, but I think that's due to the fact the game isn't technically out yet.

I'm tempted to keep the DLC content so i can sell the game on for more money when i'm finished with it. I'm very against DLC in general so this is my way of giving rocksteady the middle finger.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Got mine today too.

Great isn't it? I hope for more Tuesday releases in the future. Saturday morning is the best time receive a game, especially when it isn't expected! :D
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You guys order with Shopto?

Might start doing that instead of Amazon with bigger releases in the future.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Jon79 wrote: »
    I'm tempted to keep the DLC content so i can sell the game on for more money when i'm finished with it. I'm very against DLC in general so this is my way of giving rocksteady the middle finger.

I was thinking about doing the same thing. It doesn't take long to rattle through the Batman games and the extra dlc might be worth a couple of quid when trading privately afterwards.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DLC didn't cost me anything extra, so I don't mind. But I believe it should be on the disc in the first place, if I had to pay more for it then I wouldn't have. Also I have no problems with DLC after 3 or so months after the game is out, DLC done in the right I do not mind, it's just when you have to pay extra for it on release that annoys me.

I'll be redeeming my DLC because they both look good and plus I don't really sell games.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I was thinking about doing the same thing. It doesn't take long to rattle through the Batman games and the extra dlc might be worth a couple of quid when trading privately afterwards.

Yep, should make it easier to sell and add a few quid onto its value. I plan to have it clocked before the official release date so i can sell it on-line. If the game itself is really good i'll pick it up cheap again when it hits a tenner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DLC didn't cost me anything extra, so I don't mind. But I believe it should be on the disc in the first place, if I had to pay more for it then I wouldn't have. Also I have no problems with DLC after 3 or so months after the game is out, DLC done in the right I do not mind, it's just when you have to pay extra for it on release that annoys me.

I'll be redeeming my DLC because they both look good and plus I don't really sell games.

Exactly. It should be on the disc. If they can't be bothered adding it to the main game, so it's free for everyone, then i can't be bothered playing it. It's a cash-in pure and simple and if i redeem it now then whoever buys it off me will have to go on PSN and purchase it.

The only DLC i have bought is for Mass Effect 2 that came out months after the initial release(one of my favourite games so i had to). Also bought Left Behind for TLOU. Other than that i've been DLC free.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh, 3.5gb update - Made worse by the weak wi-fi performance of my PS4. On my PC it would be downloaded in 15 mins instead of over an hour! Does everyone else's PS4 have pathetic wi-fi capabilities or is it just mine?
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How on earth does that give them the middle finger?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sigh, 3.5gb update - Made worse by the weak wi-fi performance of my PS4. On my PC it would be downloaded in 15 mins instead of over an hour! Does everyone else's PS4 have pathetic wi-fi capabilities or is it just mine?
    Took me 3 hours to update. But having played an hour of this game I can tell I am going to love it. The Batmobile takes a while to get a hang of, but it's pretty amazing edition to the game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How on earth does that give them the middle finger?:confused:

By not redeeming it and playing it. By passing it on to someone else when i sell the game so they don't have to go on PSN and buy it. One less DLC purchase for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Took me 3 hours to update. But having played an hour of this game I can tell I am going to love it. The Batmobile takes a while to get a hang of, but it's pretty amazing edition to the game.

My update was initially 2 hours then it dropped to 80 minutes. It's definitely not my modem as my wi-fi performance is very good for all other devices.

12 mins and i'm jumping in!
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We ordered at Gameseek and ours arrived this morning also. :)
    We previously ordered Splatoon from there for £25 and that arrived two days earlier than expected so they seem pretty good for the time being. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I stopped using Shopto when they've became the most expensive place to buy from. I'll use SimplyGames now.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member

Mine was from The Game Collection.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Mine was from The Game Collection.

Same here. I rate them very highly for competitive pricing and obviously for speed of delivery. The points system is quite nice as well saving me just over a quid every time I order a game.
  • robtimusrobtimus Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    I ordered from the Game Collection, and haven't even had a dispatch email yet!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    robtimus wrote: »
    I ordered from the Game Collection, and haven't even had a dispatch email yet!

I didn't receive a despatch email but i still got it on Saturday (hence the surprise). However, if i log into the website it is showing as despatched. I placed my order on the 5th of June ;-)
  • robtimusrobtimus Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    I didn't receive a despatch email but i still got it on Saturday (hence the surprise). However, if i log into the website it is showing as despatched. I placed my order on the 5th of June ;-)
    Mine says 'awaiting release'. However I did only order on the 12th...
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Have this downloaded & ready to go on my PS4. It downloads a 3.6GB update too. I'm guessing this is the day one patch? Or will it download another when the game starts?

I'm going to a log cabin today for a few days with mates with no internet access but taking my PS4 for some FIFA tournaments. Hopefully tethering my phone to PS4 will allow me to activate the game when then timer is up
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    Have this downloaded & ready to go on my PS4. It downloads a 3.6GB update too. I'm guessing this is the day one patch? Or will it download another when the game starts?

I'm going to a log cabin today for a few days with mates with no internet access but taking my PS4 for some FIFA tournaments. Hopefully tethering my phone to PS4 will allow me to activate the game when then timer is up

Have fun in the wilderness :)
  • SSL2010SSL2010 Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arrived this morning :D, Zavvi user here.
  • austino6austino6 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Jammy git's, i need to wait to 5:01pm for my singapore purchase to unlock.