Really SICK horror films (stomach churning ones)

Comments

• milkybarnickmilkybarnick Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikeydb wrote: »
    I wanted to walk out of the cinema half way through wolf creek. :eek: :o

There's a fairly depressing and disturbing rape scene in the french language film 'irreversible' too. :( , look for it on imdb dot com and read the reviews...

That scene in Irreversible is horrible, but the film as a whole is quite good, if a little disorientating.

Audition is pretty grim, but you have to wait a long time for it to get that way.

Dario Argento films are worth checking out for gore - it's usually wrapped up very stylishly too, but you have to get past some of the dodgy acting first.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Videodrome was rather disturbing back in the day
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Ultrasonic wrote: »
    Are you talking about the one of the man and woman smiling at each other with "Find Singles in Your Area" written above them??:confused:

If so, why would I love it?

I realise your comment was some sort of gag, but help me out here....?

oops !! when I posted, it was the gay couple !
  • UltrasonicUltrasonic Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabegy wrote: »
    oops !! when I posted, it was the gay couple !

Aah, ok. Understood!
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Films like wolf creek and hostel make Freddie and Jason look like Zippy and Bungle

has anybody seen "Henry - portrait of a serial killer"?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was wolf creek the film with the three people who went to australia (?) and their car broke down. then the guy started killing them? or is that something else. i have only seen it once and couldnt remember (but i can't remember any really bad bits in it)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not actually a horror but "oldboy" is quite sick...
    esp the bit
    where he cuts out his tongue after he realises he has been sleeping with his own daughter...!

:eek::eek::eek:
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just read some of the imdb message boards about August Underground (and the other films by the same director) and I have to wonder why anyone would enjoy watching such a thing. There were even some people talking about wanting to watch a real snuff film if they had the opportunity.

Honestly, where is the entertainment in watching a film devoid of story, that just consists of brutal rape and graphic torture? Just reading about it made me feel sick.
  • Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabegy wrote: »
    :D:D Bet you just love that advert down the left hand side of this page then. :D
    Aliens V Predator ?
    Something to do with condoms ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    There's a scene in 28 weeks later that I had to turn away from, I don't usually mind really gruesome scenes, but the scene where
    Dom becomes infected and murders his wife

made me feel sick!

There are some other gorey bits in it though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob22 wrote: »
    Films like wolf creek and hostel make Freddie and Jason look like Zippy and Bungle

has anybody seen "Henry - portrait of a serial killer"?

Yes - it's an excellent film. But the sequel was rubbish.
    It came out the same year as Man Bites Dog IIRC - that one's sick but funny!
  • cable.concable.con Posts: 1,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought of some films, Switchblade Romance very gory film but brilliant, and the bathroom scene in " Expose" aka "The House On Straw Hill" which is being remade with Martin Kemp, anyway the scene in the bathroom!! also SALO, Tenebrae, Profondo Rosso, A Blade In The Dark and Terror At The Opera( Argento)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'd have to say the urban legends of bloody mary is really stomach churning i no likey that at all!!! :(
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mistygal wrote: »
    It's got to be some of those Cannibal films that have been the worst though, like chomping on a penis, killing live animals and one I saw that ripped a baby out of a pregnant woman than ate it (Title has escaped me, sorry).

anthroprophagus beast / grim reaper?
    Jamie181 wrote: »
    (Japanese movie) is one of the hardest scenes to watch in any movie I've seen.
    Kiri kiri kiri!!!
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cable.con wrote: »
    Just thought of some films, Switchblade Romance very gory film but brilliant, and the bathroom scene in " Expose" aka "The House On Straw Hill" which is being remade with Martin Kemp, anyway the scene in the bathroom!! also SALO, Tenebrae, Profondo Rosso, A Blade In The Dark and Terror At The Opera( Argento)

I remember the scene in this one where the psychopath puts pins under the girls eyelids so she can't close her eyes and has to watch while he murders people!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have watched some horrible films like Autopsy and Salo just from curiosity to see if they were that bad--but I honestly don't understand how anyone could watch them with any pleasure.
    I remember the remake of the Texas Chain Saw Massacre was on TV a while back--I didn't bother to switch it off, and I saw the scene where one of the girls finds a boy hung up on a butcher's hook, and she tries to get him down while he's screaming in agony. And I thought: this is entertainment?????

I switched it off, and really, I don't want to see any more dedicated gore-fests again. I don't understand why people enjoy them so much.
    Mind you, I'll still watch a good gruesome serial killer movie like Se7en, which has a good plot to it.
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sebright wrote: »
    I remember the remake of the Texas Chain Saw Massacre was on TV a while back--I didn't bother to switch it off, and I saw the scene where one of the girls finds a boy hung up on a butcher's hook, and she tries to get him down while he's screaming in agony. And I thought: this is entertainment?????

TCM remake was purely sick for all the wrong reasons - it was crap!

I LOVE the original, i dont know if its because i saw it on a copy of a copy of a copy when i was 16 and it was one of those banned films. The music in it, the low budget feel, the dust and dirt look to it... *shiver* they dont make them like they used to.

Zombie (flesh eaters which ever you want to call it) is another fave of mine...
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nekromantik by Jörg Buttgereit, low budget German "Art House" not sure it even classes as a horror movie, sex with a corpse, suicide whilst masterbating, animal skinning, it's got all the nasties.

This is off topic I guess but Arrow video confirmed NEKromantik was given an uncut 18 rating for UK blu-ray release.

The bbfc consumer advice for NEKromantik is as follows-
    Contains strong sex, bloody violence, sexual violence, necrophilia
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Kill List has got a sick ending but it builds to it like a good horror should (IMO) rather than just being a flat-out gorefest for 90 mins.

Generally I think horrors are better when they are suggestive rather than blatant. Or at least they should build to the horrific scene rather than just have a series of gory scenes throughout.

One of the scariest scenes I've ever seen is the opening of Suspiria and nothing actually happens other than a girl comes out the airport and gets in a taxi and gets driven to her lodgings. The scary part was just the sounds and collection of suggestive images. It's indescribable really but it works.

Here it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bw5ckW5KT4&hd=1. Maybe it's just me but something deep in my psyche is yelling "danger! danger!" all the way through this just by the way the weather seems to be attacking her and also the colours and walking camera shots.
  • PopRocketPopRocket Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found Braindead to be the goriest film i've ever seen, couldn't eat for days afterwards and i love scary/gory movies!!
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,261
    Forum Member
    Society.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martyrs. Thoroughly nasty, sadisitc crap with no redeeming features. If you have nothing to say, say it in French and kid people it's art.
  • mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,316
    Forum Member
    ironjade wrote: »
    Martyrs. Thoroughly nasty, sadisitc crap with no redeeming features. If you have nothing to say, say it in French and kid people it's art.

Oh yeah Martyrs is a good one.
    How times change since this thread was created:D
    You can always rely on Horror Channel now to play some twisted, unheard of films but some quite good.
    Others I would add is 'The Loved Ones' and 'Mum And Dad'.
    I recorded 'Bare Behind Bars' couple months back. It was not what I would call a horror.:blush:
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From reading through the thread it seems to me that in general it doesn't seem to be lashings of blood and gore which affect people so deeply, but from scenes described here it seems to be more about situations. Where horrific acts are carried out on people but the outlook of the situation is so bleak for the victim that we imagine their pain and suffering.

Often these can be scenes which raise false hopes, for example somebody looks like they can free them,...but that fails and we know it can only end one way.

Like I say, generally speaking I think it's less about the gore, and more psychological than that.

I would also say 'Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer'.
    I think it's because something felt so real about that film. I was watching a bad pirate copy so it felt illicit anyway, so it did almost feel like I was watching a snuff film. Although obviously it wasn't. I remember my heart beating really strongly and I'd seen all manner of gore and horror films before which never got me like that.
    Like I say it's not about the gore, in this film it was just something about it that worked on me psychologically.

Going even more mainstream (sort of) the first time I watched David Lynch's Blue Velvet had quite a powerful effect on me. Partly to do with Frank being a very scary character throughout, partly because it had a weirdness about it where you didn't know what was going to happen next, and also because of one or two scenes, such as the one where Jeffrey is hiding in the closet while Frank does some scary stuff to Dorothy, and then puts a gas mask on his face and it gets even more freaky.
    Very disturbing scene when you're not expecting it.

I often find the worst films are the ones which make me feel really bleak inside because you come to realise as it goes on that there is no hope, Wolf Creek being one example.
    Some can be good films, others I find to be just nasty sadistic crap which say a lot about the person who made them.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From reading through the thread it seems to me that in general it doesn't seem to be lashings of blood and gore which affect people so deeply, but from scenes described here it seems to be more about situations. Where horrific acts are carried out on people but the outlook of the situation is so bleak for the victim that we imagine their pain and suffering.

Often these can be scenes which raise false hopes, for example somebody looks like they can free them,...but that fails and we know it can only end one way.

Like I say, generally speaking I think it's less about the gore, and more psychological than that.

I often find the worst films are the ones which make me feel really bleak inside because you come to realise as it goes on that there is no hope, Wolf Creek being one example.
    Some can be good films, others I find to be just nasty sadistic crap which say a lot about the person who made them.

Is the reason why these 'bleak' movies are more horrific because they remind us that live itself ends in death and not always a pleasant end. Horror films like 'Wolf Creek' and 'Hostel' remind us of our mortality and that there is no hope of evading that outcome to our lives.

On the other hand Supernatural horror has the advantage of suggesting that death is not the end. What comes after may be evil and demonic but life doesn't end with death. Perhaps that's way that type of horror is not considered as disturbing?