Time of the Doctor DVD

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    That's not gonna happen. Series 7 is already released and is unlikely to be re-released to include Matt's final two episodes. A boxset with Matt's last two episodes, various documentaries and An Adventure In Space And Time though should happen.

As I said, I'm aware I could be waiting a long time! But S7 on its own just feels like half a trick. Both halves, actually. S7A is a bit of a coda, and S7B is a new start that never really quite feels like it finishes until Time. I have to restrain myself from calling it S8.

Maybe they'll do a box set of the Matt Smith era. I've not got any of them on Blu-Ray, yet, so that'll be nice.
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My copy arrived today along with the moonbase. Happy to have a copy for just £7.99. Approx 1,3/4 hours new extra features on disc 2 of the set along with time of the doctor. What I cannot understand is why I have an unwanted extra disc 1 of the other 3 matt smith Christmas specials. None of the commentaries or prequels from the season 7 set have been carried forward. Its just a pointless extra disc that is forever going to be unwatched.

Well I haven't got S7 yet so I have started watching The Snowmen, as I only saw it the once when it was first broadcast, and that didnt turn out a great viewing as I was away with relatives for 3 weeks that Christmas!
    So at the moment Im glad for it, but it will seem pointless when I do get S7 on BluRay when money allows!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rwebster wrote: »
    As I said, I'm aware I could be waiting a long time! But S7 on its own just feels like half a trick. Both halves, actually. S7A is a bit of a coda, and S7B is a new start that never really quite feels like it finishes until Time. I have to restrain myself from calling it S8.

Maybe they'll do a box set of the Matt Smith era. I've not got any of them on Blu-Ray, yet, so that'll be nice.

That would be nice to have a S7 boxset that does include Day Of... and Time Of... and if a Matt Smith box set comes out we might get that in a way, so I would go for it!
    I wont bother unless it works out cheaper when I come to buy it though, as I now have The Time Of The Doctor.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I've got box-sets of the new series 1 - 4 and that's it. I didn't enjoy Matt Smith's tenure as the Doctor - I watched it, but found it tedious and repetitive! Rory dying, returning, River returning, Sweetie!, Amy getting pregnant - and not, Rory dying again, River returning (sweetie!), Amy is pregnant again, Rory dying, River is back....etc etc...yawn!! Oh there were a few stories inbetween too!
    I enjoyed the last two special episodes - but they are on my humax recorder - I wouldn't buy the DVD's!
    Sorry to sound so vitriolic about this last era - I LOVE DR WHO!! But this is one era I would rather forget!
    Roll on series 8 ! :)

PS: Nothing against Matt Smith - brilliant actor - hated the style the way the series was played out!
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    PS: Nothing against Matt Smith - brilliant actor - hated the style the way the series was played out!

Same, really. If it was just a one-off or even two, it wouldn't matter about the plots, but I just couldn't go along with the direction. Also, Karen Gillan was very weak. Yes, it was initially entertaining because she is Scottish and is pretty but that appeared to be the extent of things.
  • Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah that is expensive. but i suppose if there is 1 hour and three quarters of extras it isn't too bad
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah that is expensive. but i suppose if there is 1 hour and three quarters of extras it isn't too bad

Buy it straight from the source BBC Shop:
    DVD £9.99:
    http://www.bbcshop.com/doctor-who/doctor-who-the-time-of-the-doctor+other-eleventh-doctor-christmas-specials-dvd/invt/bbcdvd3884

BluRay £14.99:
    http://www.bbcshop.com/science+nature/doctor-who-the-time-of-the-doctor+other-eleventh-doctor-christmas-specials-blu-ray/invt/bbcbd0265

Oh and its free delivery in the UK!
  • Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Use promo code DOCTOR and you get 20% off at the BBC shop and get it for £7.99.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Use promo code DOCTOR and you get 20% off at the BBC shop and get it for £7.99.

Bother Ive already got mine I wish I had known about that code before! Oh well £14.99 is cheaper than Amazon for the BluRay!
  • Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    BatmannequinBatmannequin Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Like many others, I'm still holding out hope for a "50th Anniversary" Boxset (DotD, AAISAT, NotD, TotD and FishDR).

Complete boxsets like that usually take a while to arrive (S7 came out a good five or six months after Name aired), so I'm used to waiting.

Hell, if one doesn't happen by the time S8 airs, then the worst that will happen is that the individual DVDs will be cheaper by then (though it'd be a shame if Fish didn't get a DVD release).