TNA Wrestling on Challenge TV

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    As the impact crowd chant 'holy s***, holy s***!'
    I'm glad I forked out for ringside tickets!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    Dixie Carter sent me a direct message earlier.

After the news broke about TNA taping TV at Wembley, i messaged her to say it would be ideal if TNA could tape 3 weeks of TV and the 3 different cities they will tour in...Notts/Manc/London.

Her direct message read 'Working On Something'
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've missed out on TNA for a few months. Just couldn't justify watching it anymore.

Been catching up the past couple of weeks - it's getting stronger again. Still not as good as 2008-2009 but better than the last year.

This TNA UK stuff sounds promising. Given what they're doing in India I've long wanted a TNA UK spin off, and so a little glimpse of a recording here is going to be awesome.
    Forum Member
    Velvet Sky is OFF the UK Tour. All 3 dates. After selling a competiion for a 'dinner date' with Velvet for months and months, TNA have decided to pull her off the schedule. The most over and loved knockout easily and arguably for some, the most anticipated person to appear on the UK Tour. TNA did not use her for last years tour either...VELVET SKY hasn't been on the UK Tour since 2010. Velvet Sky!

...**** You TNA! Lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    MMXII wrote: »
    Looking forward to Impact on Sunday. and then Genesis on Wednesday, being only 3 days behind America keeps you relatively in the loop.

Quite optimistic for 2012 TNA wise, can't be much worse than last year. There were some good points but too many low points.

I recall when getting these events broadcast in UK were next to being no chance so i guess 3 days is good.

PS predictions being taken for tonights Genesis as the first round in this year's TNA King Predictor league, click on the kingpredictor profile and go to home homepage
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Monster's Ball match will steal the show at Genesis. Abyss and Ray are no strangers to hardcore wrestling and it's been forever since TNA put on a properly violent hardcore bout.

Angle/Storm should have had a stipulation, too many standard singles matches.

Think Hardy wins the World Title tonight, not sure how I feel about that...he's been brilliant since his return and is destined to hold the belt again, but what does this do for Roode? I'd like to see Roode hang on to it for another month at least to work a more extended program with Hardy.
    Forum Member
    Re: The TNA Genesis PPV

I know it hasn't aired on UKTV yet, but having seen the Monsters Ball match, i had to come on and say that was one of the best hardcore matches i've ever seen.

Huge props and respect to Abyss and Bully Ray. Bully Ray is just exceptional.
  • MMXIIMMXII Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wished I had checked in earlier, I would have entered on your site Kingpredictor, too late now :(

I think Roode should hold on to the belt a little longer but drop it to Hardy in a couple of months.
    Forum Member
    This is from EWrestlingNews.COM where it details a recent interview that Kurt Angle did with Busted Radio:
    2011 for TNA: "I think that 2011 was a subpar year, I think We did a lot of things right and a lot of things wrong. The most important thing I would say is the lack of communication within the writing and creative team. When you have a written show and you present that to everybody and then they start changing things and it becomes a watered down version of what the writer wanted in the first place. Now you don’t know which way to go. We do have a lot of chefs in the kitchen. I think that is the hardest part for our company because when Vince Russo is writing the show and you have Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff and a few other people and other TNA writers changing it up the last second which I don’t disagree with what Hogan says, I agree with him 100 percent.

"But we need to regroup earlier, maybe a week earlier and get it done, change it up, make sure we have the right changes so that we can keep going with the story the right way. So I think 2011 was a confusing year, so this is what we are going to capitalize on in 2012. We are not going to make the same mistakes. I think Hulk Hogan will get with to Vince Russo quicker, I think Eric Bischoff will get with Vince Russo quicker. We will get the show written, get it done a week earlier instead the day of the show, and changing it up. It was just very frustrating. Because I’m a little bit of part of everything in TNA and I watch what’s going on and sometimes I get a little frustrated when I see what Vince Russo is trying to do and I see what the outcome is."

Bound For Glory: "We literally had a change in 2011 at Bound For Glory right before the match in the main event. In other words, somebody was supposed to win and it got turned to me winning that night. It worked out for the better, I’m not going to lie to you. So the change was good, but literally we didn’t hear about it until that night and me and Bobby Roode was like What?! I’m winning?! I have a torn hamstring and I can’t even wrestle."

Samoa Joe: "We have not done Joe justice. Whether it had to do with an attitude problem an attitude change. In wrestling you have to play by the rule book. Joe was a little bit of a rebel. I think that might have hurt his cause. I believe Joe is rational. I think we can still make Joe a big star again. I think Joe is a full time main eventer. I think we need to do it now because if we don’t do it now it will never happen."

The next main eventers: "AJ Styles was there for a while. And then we pulled him down which I didn’t agree with. Now we got AJ up there, Jeff Hardy is here, Robert Roode, James Storm. We’re starting to get to a point where these guys are going to start full time and Kurt Angle and Sting can dwindle off and retire. That’s what we need to happen and that’s what’s happening now and I’m glad because I don’t want to leave TNA and leave an open spot there. I cant wrestle forever. As a matter of fact I am already talking retirement. It’s about making guys and putting them in my spot and making sure they are secure there before I leave."

Decent interview and honest answers from Angle. Its especially interesting reading the part about Samoa Joe and how he eludes to them knowing how good he is, but hints the guy having to much of an attitude. I think everyone reading this holds Samoa Joe inthe highest regard and knows he should be at the top of the TNA tree.
    Forum Member
    Dixie Carter has just tweeted that they'll also be taping in Manc/Notts now for Impact&Xplosion! Friggin' awesome news.

Is it just me here? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm here buddy, just catching up on impact as missed it Sunday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm here too, and yup, that is fantastic news for the company. Those will be stellar episodes of Impact with a great, British pro-wrestling crowd :)

Looking forward to watching Genesis tomorrow night - I already know the results (couldn't wait :( ) but haven't seen it yet. Sounds excellent!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been managing to avoid finding out the results even though it's been hard :p

Feels like a proper ppv if that makes sense after some of the disasters last year.
  • daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So are the filming 3 episodes if impact now or just bits for impact at both shows, I'm going to Nottingham and got fan interaction too, has anyone been to fan interaction before? What's it like?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    First post in this thread

Im really enjoying TNA atm, i managed to watch Genesis online and i actually really enjoyed most of it apart from a couple of small annoyances!! I though the Abyss/Ray match was superb but the Hardy/Roode match virtually matched it and both looked strong in the ring (esp glad to see Hardy put on that quality of match again)

Hoping to grab some tickets last min for the UK tour, hard though being a female who loves wrestling, all my friends are girly girls who look at me as though im mental for even liking it lol so means i end up going alone half the time haha
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kurt angle has said that a few times now

basically vince russo comes out with long term vision and individual written shows,kurt angle loves them and is excited by them(russo wrote the attitude era remember) and then hogan./bish and others water it down

the result is a sub par show which i have to agree with angle is exactly what tna has been this year :(

heres hoping they give russo more creative control in 2012
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First post in this thread

Make sure you're aware of the US pace thread then if you want to talk about the PPV before it airs :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Make sure you're aware of the US pace thread then if you want to talk about the PPV before it airs :)

ah dont worry i realise that people wont want to be spoiled, but as previous poster had mentioned that Abyss/Ray was a strong match i didnt think that was a problem? if it was i apologise
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I found a competition for tickets to the tna tour coming up in the next few week - http://amplified.tv/2011/12/16/win-a-pair-of-tickets-to-see-tna-wrestling-on-their-uk-tour/
  • KOE_9_ASHKOE_9_ASH Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    We're being treat by TNA this year. A couple of tapings in London, cameras in Manchester and Nottingham, Sting's farewell to the UK, and even a touring roster change imminent. Here's to a successful tour, with high ratings to justify it and guarantee many more.
  • too_fast_4_utoo_fast_4_u Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @ags_rule

Right here goes, although i've not watched in a little while due to some shoddy booking i'll tell you my thoughts

TV ratings yes there bouncing around the 1.0 - 1.25 alot but like you said in the other thread they have a good core base but thats been there for a while now but there not increasing to the mid 1.5s were they should be.

Wrestling on as a hole is at a low point at the minute, its just waiting for that next breakout star to take the bull by the horns and let loose. Bookers, writers, creative and managment need to have a plan of action. Kurt angle recently said the shows are done on the day and not a week before so everyone knows were they going and also if they had time to go over everything the wrestlers themselves could perhaps have more input.

The impact Zone, yes its been tarted up but it still comes across as a small time product and in this day in age you gotta have that dynamic appearence for tv or else people wont take the product seriously. I understand the impact zone is the cheap option but the word cheap is the key word.

The UK are getting 3 impact tapings and with a good crowd should come across as a good gig and hopefully comes across on TV as a must see feature.

Promotion/advertising for TNA should be alot more agressive and not be based on kurt angles olympic dream. Spend the money on getting you stars on the big shows, get some celebs involved to give the mainstream press something to talk about and get new viewers involved, theres no point in having a great product if no one knows your on TV doing it.

TNA have expanded like you said with merchandise and new tv deals outside the states and thats a good thing and i hope tna can become a big force in wrestling because the wars were the best time to be a wrestling fan and i'd love that intense wrestling fued to come back and everyone will be a winner

I'm not mentioning the other "big" promotion due to the fact they have there own issues.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @ags_rule

Right here goes, although i've not watched in a little while due to some shoddy booking i'll tell you my thoughts

TV ratings yes there bouncing around the 1.0 - 1.25 alot but like you said in the other thread they have a good core base but thats been there for a while now but there not increasing to the mid 1.5s were they should be.

Wrestling on as a hole is at a low point at the minute, its just waiting for that next breakout star to take the bull by the horns and let loose. Bookers, writers, creative and managment need to have a plan of action. Kurt angle recently said the shows are done on the day and not a week before so everyone knows were they going and also if they had time to go over everything the wrestlers themselves could perhaps have more input.

The impact Zone, yes its been tarted up but it still comes across as a small time product and in this day in age you gotta have that dynamic appearence for tv or else people wont take the product seriously. I understand the impact zone is the cheap option but the word cheap is the key word.

The UK are getting 3 impact tapings and with a good crowd should come across as a good gig and hopefully comes across on TV as a must see feature.

Promotion/advertising for TNA should be alot more agressive and not be based on kurt angles olympic dream. Spend the money on getting you stars on the big shows, get some celebs involved to give the mainstream press something to talk about and get new viewers involved, theres no point in having a great product if no one knows your on TV doing it.

TNA have expanded like you said with merchandise and new tv deals outside the states and thats a good thing and i hope tna can become a big force in wrestling because the wars were the best time to be a wrestling fan and i'd love that intense wrestling fued to come back and everyone will be a winner

I'm not mentioning the other "big" promotion due to the fact they have there own issues.

I'd actually agree with all of your points there. Obviously we don't live in America, but from what I gather, advertising for TNA is extremely limited. It's only ever advertised on SpikeTV, and even then, they rarely show ads for it during their highest-rated programs.

Hogan has proved himself to be a leech more than anything else, and the company must be saving a great deal of money having wisely kept him off TV since BFG. Any promotion opportunities he has had he's spent bigging up the Hulk Hogan brand, his silly Micro Championship Wrestling promotion, and not enough time talking about TNA as a growing and exciting wrestling organisation. Next time WWE send someone out to promote their brand, they should use the likes of Sting, or even take a risk and send out Styles, Storm, Aries, Roode etc. Get people to see TNA as the future rather than a retirement home; a lot of people still see TNA as a retirement home but over the past few months they have been doing a lot to change that image.

The only point I would disagree on is that TNA's ratings should be around the 1.5 mark. I would question why everyone says that TNA should have grown over the past 3-4 years while WWE has shrunk over the same period despite massive investment and presence? No, I think the very fact TNA have maintained a TV deal on a half-decent network and maintained their core fanbase should be considered a minor success if nothing else.

If I were you, I'd give TNA another shot, they have upped their game the last few months, certainly in terms of putting together a coherent show.
  • too_fast_4_utoo_fast_4_u Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    The only point I would disagree on is that TNA's ratings should be around the 1.5 mark. I would question why everyone says that TNA should have grown over the past 3-4 years while WWE has shrunk over the same period despite massive investment and presence? No, I think the very fact TNA have maintained a TV deal on a half-decent network and maintained their core fanbase should be considered a minor success if nothing else.

WWE has shrunk but due to there own stupid booking.

TNA needs to let the public no its here and doing something different, again though production needs to be stepped up
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TNA needs to let the public no its here and doing something different, again though production needs to be stepped up

Thing is, as it stands, TNA don't have the money available to them that the WWE do.

So they have to keep things tight and within budget to ensure they can keep operating. To do that and maintain their core fanbase is, as ags_rule has said, a success IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who's staying up for Genesis? :D
This discussion has been closed.