have you or someone you know ever been on TV etc

Comments

• Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    I was in a Kirsty Wark documentary about a guy with tourettes who lives in my area (who was in a very high profile documentary about him when he was younger). I was working on a supermarket deli counter to earn some money when I was in college. I was seen serving him cheese while being called words I cannot put here! It was really funny in a way because I'm a lesbian and was closeted then and he called me loads of derogatory words for gay and I was like "how does he know and I hope no one hears what he's saying".

He is a really nice guy though. Even though he calls my mum t*tw@ank.

John Davidson?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Does 'Crimewatch' count???
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My son sat on Sally James knee on Tiswas at the height of its fame - he was 8 at the time and all our pub customers were jealous.
    He was also on Christmas Top of the Pops standing behind Chris De Burg when he was singing Lady in Red.
    I was on our local new quite a few times as they always did plenty of the Street questions outside our pub as it was on the Main Road through the town.
  • strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Davidson?

Yup! He is really lovely but with having never met him before that time and it being on TV and being all young and not knowing about tourettes it was so mortified. All my bosses told me was that there was going to be cameras in store.
  • chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My other halfs step mother was on Wheel of Fortune in the late 90s. We are reminded of it most weeks, and also reminded that the fridge she won on it is still going strong!
  • Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Closest I've ever got was when I saw Boyzone outside Top of the Pops once and they filmed us. This was then shown as part of a day in the life thingy a week later on the Big Breakfast and luckily you can only see me as they zoom past in their car.

My sister has danced with the Wanted on Strictly and was one Gabz backing singers on Britains Got Talent the other week. She's also an extra in a film coming out next summer.

Oh and my auntie was on Blankety Blank in the 80's, shes still got the chequebook and pen :D
  • Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met a guy a couple of years ago who had been an extra on Eastenders - i forget the name of the character he played but he delivered a bed to Christian and Syed - im sure he had "Big" in his name somewhere - maybe a huge fan will know :)

Edit: Ok after some research i found out his name was Dagenham Dave (a 2010 appearance)
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enudzio wrote: »
    was it called xchange or something like that?

Yes! I think Ortis and Angelica Bell presented it
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »

Not to be pedantic but it was called Short Change :) This is a reply to the user ednuzio too who said 'was it called xchange or something like that?'
    Apologies I'm terrible at multiple quoting.

In answer to the OP:
    I was on a BBC news report briefly as a kid when they did a news piece on my primary school.
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was on Question Time, the 9/11 10 year anniversary special episode. Just in the audience though, not on the panel. If you freeze frame the beginning bit, you can see me briefly. Also in distant audience shots at other points. :cool:

I was also on BBC1 during the Federer v Sergey match at Wimbledon this year. Again in the audience (it counts!). You can see me twice, once at the end after Sergey won the match and is celebrating. I am about 1cm tall on screen. Again, you would have to freeze frame it on iplayer to see. :cool:
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    Not to be pedantic but it was called Short Change :) This is a reply to the user ednuzio too who said 'was it called xchange or something like that?'

Yes, Short Change is the one in question. There was in fact a CBBC show called Xchange though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Yes :)
  • enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Yes, Short Change is the one in question. There was in fact a CBBC show called Xchange though.

ok////
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    I've lost count of how many old friends/acquaintances I've seen in the audience of chat shows like the now-defunct Trisha.

One of my former classmates from secondary school was a guest on Trisha (about 7 years after we lost touch), having become a drug addict and prostitute. It was a real shock to see her. I reported this to our former Head of Year when I spoke to him shortly afterwards. All the unsympathetic sod had to say was ''How much does she charge?'' :eek:

I also saw my former sister-in-law as one of Jeremy Kyle's guests - I hadn't seen her for 15 years, so got a bit of a shock! She hadn't changed one bit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »

yeah I remember watching that show years ago.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back in the late 70s me and a group of four other girls were filmed at the Delta Engineering Training Centre for the BBC. It was a programme about women in men's jobs (yep, to anyone under the age of 35, that was a big deal back then!) We were standing by the milling machine whilst the instructor showed us how to use it..even though we'd already been on that section. My brother in law was on the phones in the studio on Crimewatch when they were featuring a case he was working on.

I believe my Dad was interviewed by Brian Walden about Enoch Powell's Rivers of Blood speech. Dad was a mature student which was virtually unheard of back then!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been on TV. Singing. Not saying more. ;)
  • beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    I hold the record for most appearances on Crimewatch.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beemoh wrote: »
    I hold the record for most appearances on Crimewatch.

Care to elaborate?!
  • beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    Care to elaborate?!

(I don't really)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been on TV. Singing. Not saying more. ;)

what did you sing?
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My son has been in several episodes of Game of Thrones. Filmed a battle scene last year and came home at 1.30am hardly able to walk poor fella :p
    Filmed the next series just last July. Due out April....
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been through the curtains on This Is Your Life - does that count?
  • Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somebody I know had a makeover on This Morning years ago. She managed to look delighted for the cameras, but in reality she hated what they'd done! :eek::D