Bernard Matthews Turkey breast roll

BrotherDanielBrotherDaniel Posts: 1,439
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Settle a debate....

It's healthy because it's lean protein with no carbs.

Or

It's crap processed meat.

Comments

• DevoidDroidDevoidDroid Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Why can't it be both?
  • Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    It's crap processed meat.

How much meat? Remember that the ingredient 'turkey' can include fat, gristle, skin and eyeball of an actual turkey.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless it has masses of salt in, there is nothing wrong with processed meat.
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,056
    Forum Member
    Well its certainly flavourless and cruelly raised. To get a turkey that actually tastes of something is expensive.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    Well its certainly flavourless and cruelly raised. To get a turkey that actually tastes of something is expensive.

£13/14 a kilo?
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote: »

I haven't had one in ages, but we're a staple of mine when I needed protein as a student. I found them quite tasty at the time chopped into wraps, salads, pasta and curries. The leg roast was even cheaper.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How much meat? Remember that the ingredient 'turkey' can include fat, gristle, skin and eyeball of an actual turkey.

80% turkey meat according to the ingredients list.
  • chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love them. Had one every week about 20 years ago. They've been around for years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    we used to have this with a Sunday roast..it was yum
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as nutritious or tasty as whole turkey. But not the worst thing you can eat either.
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose you get what you pay for. We had a leg roast the other week . It was only about a quid from Farmfoods. Was ok with roasties, stuffing and veg. I was on a bit of an economy drive that week :D