i can't poo

Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
Forum Member
✭✭✭
i am having a little bit of trouble going for number 2, i feel a bit eggbound been like this for a few days now, i don't want to go down laxatives route, what works for you has i have tried eating more fiber but to no avail, i was alright last week very regular

Comments

• abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Guinness.

And lots of it.

Works a treat.
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    local curry house and ask them for a prawn phaal (sp) and wash it down with 10 pints of guiness and your bowels will be squeaky clean in no time :D
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Senokot, double dose before bedtime.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    local curry house and ask them for a prawn phaal (sp) and wash it down with 10 pints of guiness and your bowels will be squeaky clean in no time :D

Yes, and on the hour every hour for the next few days :D

Why am I now humming a Genesis song?
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red wine does it for me
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Invest in some prunes for breakfast
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    Red wine does it for me
    You must be fun on a dinner date :blush:
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iron Maiden's "Trooper" ale. 3+ pints gets a gale blowing downstairs that certainly clears the decks.
  • PatchbunclePatchbuncle Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plenty of water, loads of oranges, a bowl of french onion soup and coffee (probably not good to try them all in one go) tend to do the trick. Failing that the beer cure should do the trick.

We used to live in the Far East, if the shelves of the chemists are to be believed, constipation must be quite the issue. I remember seeing the rather alarming sounding ' Atomic Enemas', thank God the beer cure never failed!
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A full packet of roasted peanuts, followed by a packet of dried figs then prunes and custard.
    Lovely. (Don't leave the house till you're empty.)
  • Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by abarthman
    Guinness.

And lots of it.

Works a treat.

I can vouch for Guinness in terms of it 'working' you, but it IS lovely stuff! Drank a pint and a bit on my weekend in Dublin - had 2 small samples on my through the Guinness Storehouse & pulled my very own pint, so suffice to say, I spent most of the rest of my afternoon in the toilets of my next visit - Dublin Zoo! :blush::D

Kelloggs' All-Bran (a decent amount of it) and a banana each morning usually works for me, combined with a few pieces of fruit. I find Tropicana is the best orange juice, too.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    Try to work it out with a pencil Billy! 😁

Good luck!
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    A few mugs of strong green tea.

If that fails, prepare your lavatory with plenty of toilet paper and reading material, position yourself within dashing distance of it, then take a suitable dose of magnesium citrate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D:D:D (Sorry, I just had to laugh!)

Billy, eat a banana and also drink green Tea. It works.
  • dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bowl of porridge, plenty of water and a cup of tea. Sit on toilet with feet on small stool ( no I mean plastic one not poo!) raising your feet and legs is supposed to be the perfect crouching position to poo. It works for me.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have those Senokot tablets in but I don't really like using them......for emergencies only !

a packet of liquorice would do the trick but I don't really want to be eating a packet of sweets every day either

So I've settled on Andrews Liver Salts...........a glass a day keeps me regular and it's a very nice drink as well
  • Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grapes, water, cereal and coffee
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thank you for your advice everyone i shall try them out, if one works i won't be trying the others understandably :D. I did do a small capsule affair of a poo but you gotta start somewhere i was hoping the rest would follow but sadly nothing :confused:
  • justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the stuff has been in your bowel for a while it will be starting to dry out and get harder. What you need is lots of liquid down there to encourage it to move on. I swear by cheap orange juice. Get a couple of litre cartons or bottles and drink one as quickly as you can. If it doesn't have the desired result within a short period of time then drink the other. Keep topping up with water or the drink of your choice - but not alcohol and you should get results soon.
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bowl of porridge, plenty of water and a cup of tea. Sit on toilet with feet on small stool ( no I mean plastic one not poo!) raising your feet and legs is supposed to be the perfect crouching position to poo. It works for me.

Pretty much what I was going to suggest. Drink water, water and more water!
  • Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a band called machine head created this cocktail vodka and tobasco sauce enough to turn the vodka red
    you know what they called it? - the butt burner
    as in you drink more than a few and you'll know why its called that the next day
  • sparrysparry Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My partner has this problem and for some reason a chicken bhuna from the local takeaway always sorts it out for her!
  • Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coffee