Options

Bioshock Infinite

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This game is fun! Never played a game with such satisfying melee attacks and gun kills lol, the animations are great.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I recently discovered this amazing series of games. I'm not typically someone who enjoys FPS games at all. I'm generally pretty crap at them and find them frustrating. But Bioshock Infinite has really grabbed me. I think the setting and the story, the characters and the really enjoyable gameplay seal the deal. It feels like a really stellar slice of sci-fi. More interesting and stylish than most movies imho.

Loved Infinite so much that I've now gone back and bought the first two. Started the first one the other day, with number two in the post. The first one seems to have not aged one little bit. I did play it some years ago when I was trying to get into PC gaming, but I didn't get very far (PC gaming's just not for me), so it's a joy to finally get into it and really feel the game.

Classic games imho. How Infinite got overlooked for a BAFTA I'll never know.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got this on PS+ and finally got around to playing it now. So far I have finished one playthrough and jumped straight back in for a 1999 mode run.

I really enjoyed it, I love the setting as it feels a lot less claustrophobic than the first two games set in Rapture and I thought the characters in it were great as well. Elizabeth was a great companion to have with you and never a hindrance like so many other games when they have a character follow you. Having the constant flow of supplies from her also provided a feeling of loss when she wasnt around to offer support. The story was also good and enjoyable although like most story with this type of subject it did become a bit of a mind f*** later.

Overall the gameplay was what I expected from a Bioshock game, pointless powers and weak combat. Almost all fights can be beaten using the old hide far back in a corner and take out all the enemies that run at you, then slowly move out of cover and pick the remaining enemies off safely from afar with a sniper. Occasionally possessing a gun or enemy to distract the other enemies. Whilst graphically its one of the best looking unreal engine games I have played the gameplay suffers from the use of this tied overused engine.

Awesome game must play game... 4/5
  • Options
    RS_mark84RS_mark84 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a great game, and I found myself unable to put the controller down once I Started playing. I only played and completed it as with it being a PS+ free game I had Outlast, Dynasty Warriors Next and Metro to get through.I didn't have enough space for Modnation racers. Deffo a great month for free gaming.

Its also my favourite Bioshock game, and I thought the 2nd one was pretty awesome sequel to the first that I found confusing at times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RS_mark84 wrote: »
    Its also my favourite Bioshock game, and I thought the 2nd one was pretty awesome sequel to the first that I found confusing at times.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first two Bioshocks but for me the first one was spoilt because I bought into the hype and when I finally played it it was just a dumb down version of System Shock 2. Also I wasn't as into the story element of games back then either which is one of the things that really elevates the Bioshock games. So Bioshock has always left a slightly sour taste in my mouth.

I enjoyed it a lot more when I picked it cheap again a couple of years later.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I played the first part of the Burial at Sea DLC last night. Still need to play the second part.

It was great to return to Rapture, and I love Elizabeth and Booker. If it wasn't for The Last of Us' Joel and Ellie they'd be my favourite player/NPC pairing.

I can't stand the combat though. As with Infinite itself it quickly became quite tedious. I only kept going because of the story and characters.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Currently playing BAS 2

Good game, well thought out and good motion controls.

One of the 4 disc games I bought last year, and worth the money (as was TLOU).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1999 mode is a bit disappointing so far. I am at the entrance to Comstock House trying to get the door open and this is the first fight I have had any difficulty with and that is due to me wasting ammo in the previous fight. Thanks to Elizabeth there is very few problems with ammo or money throughout the game, the shield regeneration makes most fights easy as you just have to run away while it recharges (The sky rails make this quick and easy), most enemies wont leave the room they start in so falling backwards often gives you the freedom to pick them off without much hassle. The enemies that have been a bit of an issue like the handymen often get stuck or fall off the edge of the level. They really should have nerfed the shield in this mode and limited the amount of supplies Elizabeth feeds you.

I wish I had know about the code to unlock this mode before I started as it would have been pretty good to play this mode through first. It might actually have provided some sort of challenge then.
    Matt D wrote: »
    It was great to return to Rapture, and I love Elizabeth and Booker. If it wasn't for The Last of Us' Joel and Ellie they'd be my favourite player/NPC pairing.

I wish I had played Bioshock first so I appreciated the pairing of Elizabeth and Booker more without comparing the to Joel and Ellie. Both games did a great job with the companions but I just felt it worked a bit better in TLOU.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    I _HATE_ Atlas.

I wanted to kill him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got the Platinum, 1999 mode was a joke. The only hard part was the final battle and that was just a case of learning the enemy spawn pattern. Great game spoilt a little by 1999 mode not been anywhere near as hard as I had expected.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really should get around to playing through Infinite. Had such a back log recently.
  • Options
    Hairy_CaramelHairy_Caramel Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    The two DLC episodes are every bit as fantastic as the Bioshock games themselves. Possibly the best DLC I have played,
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got a go at episode 2 last night.

I'm preferring the combat so far, actually having to think about how you attack rather then going in all guns blazing and hoping for the best.