The Official X Factor Australia 2013 Discussion Thread

Comments

• dee123dee123 Posts: 46,201
    Forum Member
    Bjkaave wrote: »
    The songs for Sunday night are:

Battle Scars by Guy Sebastian and Lupe Fiasco (most likely for Third Degree)
    You're the Voice by John Farnham (confirmed to be Dami's song)
    Somebody that I Used to Know by Gotye feat Kimbra (could be for either Taylor or Jiordan)
    Plans by Birds of Tokyo (as above)
    One Crowded Hour by Augie March (I don't know this song)

None of these suit Jai. He's going to ruin one them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »

I think he could go this week now he has made the tour.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going by the original song I think Jiordan will sing the one crowded hour song.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Archangel wrote: »
    Of course it doesn't make your point invalid, just incorrect as a fact, that's all. It's all about what the public think and the majority adore her as the most professional Judge and mentor.

By calling her "A miserable old trout" you've made it personal, and so you've just made my point haven't you. When name calling is brought into it you've just lost the argument, and proved that there's something deeper to your resentment of her than her professional image on the TV... Looking at it logically (I'm presuming that you don't know her personally), to be personally insulting is a little bizarre and makes any comment you have severely biased don't you think?

I doubt you know her personally either Archangel :D

Calling someone a miserable old trout, well it's not nice I admit, but this isn't an appreciation thread - and I hear other celebs on here get called a lot worse.

And no-one is more severely biased than you when it comes to Dannii - the minute anyone says anything other than hero worship, you jump down their throats.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    Boys: Joe (ballad singer), Lloyd (in it for the face), Rikki (fodder all the way)
    Overs: Danyl (overrated audition), Olly (pre-JH choice to win), Jamie

Your crap about the Overs being weak in 2009... :rolleyes:

As for Nicole's Overs? You clearly didn't watch the show because they were strong relative to the curve.

BIB - Agree!! Stacey and Lucie were very strong, they wowed in the auditions. Definitely stronger than Joe, who came into his own as the live shows progressed. Cheryl's other two boys were dreadful - she had the weaker group imo.
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »

what hasnt he ruined???
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steve2013 wrote: »
    what hasnt he ruined???

The Bieber song, since it was shit to start with
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    My guess would be:-

Third D3gree - ‘Battle Scars’ - Guy Sebastian and Lupe Fiasco
    Jiordan - ‘Somebody That I Used To Know’ - Gotye ft. Kimbra
    Dami - ‘You’re The Voice’ - John Farnham
    Jai - ‘Plans’ - Birds Of Tokyo
    Taylor - ‘One Crowded Hour’ - Augie March
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nathaniel's single debuts at #9, the same position where Samantha Jade's Firestarter debuted and peaked.

Everyone's performance from last week charted except for Omar's, so the sales and the votes both placed him last for the week. This indicates that the can girls on Facebook who are crying foul And claiming that they will boycott the tour unless be is on it are full of hit air, as Omar doesn't appear to have as big of a fanbase as he was made out to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bjkaave wrote: »
    Nathaniel's single debuts at #9, the same position where Samantha Jade's Firestarter debuted and peaked.

Everyone's performance from last week charted except for Omar's, so the sales and the votes both placed him last for the week. This indicates that the can girls on Facebook who are crying foul And claiming that they will boycott the tour unless be is on it are full of hit air, as Omar doesn't appear to have as big of a fanbase as he was made out to.

The girls shouting for Omar every week in the audience sounded like the same girls every week. Just a loud minority that went to the studios to support him each week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh really really hope Jiordan has Somebody That I Used To Know! That'll definitely be her or Taylor I imagine, and to be fair either would be fab at it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Ooh really really hope Jiordan has Somebody That I Used To Know! That'll definitely be her or Taylor I imagine, and to be fair either would be fab at it.

That song is really hard to sing and I don't think either will be good at it, maybe Taylor. Maybe it's because I haven't seen a good rendition of it on talent shows, including The Voice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling Jai will get Somebody That I Used To Know because he has said he is trying something different this week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling Jai will get Somebody That I Used To Know because he has said he is trying something different this week.

He better not have it, it will be cringe worthy watching him try to pull that off!
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The running order is

Dami
    Jiordan (she did Gotye)
    Jai (he did Birds of Tokyo)
    THIRD D3EGREE
    Taylor (he did Augie March)
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange week for me.

Dami was a bit pitchy at times and I think it's a wrong song for her. The key is a bit too high and just didn't work. Maybe a Tina Arena Chains would have been perfect.

Joirdan...the song is too big for her again, and I agree with Ronan on this one. Redfoo has to stop playing the "she's such an artist" card...it's getting boring.

Jai's performance surprisingly is my favourite so far from him. I thought the song suited him very well.

Third Degree...really disconnected for me, I do think something's up behind the scenes.

Taylor....good but not as great as the judges made it to be. I think the producers now want Taylor to win. It's so obvious that he is now given the pimp slot etc. and judges were told to give standing O's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodbye Jiordan sandwiched right between Dami and Jai.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is in charge of Jiordans stage design? Creepy
    Dami looked beautiful and i kind of liked her performance but it wasnt amazing.
    Jai is nothing but a Bieber clone now. Its boring.
    3D. I think Foos comment on jordan shows whats wrong. Jordans voice doesnt match the girls. Maybe they should just be a duo?
    Taylor is really good and I really do love his voice but I think Ronan should have picked another song.

Katy Perry for GF, yay!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bottom 2 predictions?

Looks like this will be Jiordan's last week.

Taylor and Jai are the only safe acts I'd say.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    At least Dami took a risk, unlike the others who played it safe. I assume the producers and channel are wanting a Taylor, or Jai win now:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Bottom 2 predictions?

Looks like this will be Jiordan's last week.

Taylor and Jai are the only safe acts I'd say.

Nobody is safe this week.

Jiordan could still last another week.
  • aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When will the results be UK time? Hoping 3D get through
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least Dami took a risk, unlike the others who played it safe. I assume the producers and channel are wanting a Taylor, or Jai win now:rolleyes:

I said from day one that the show wanted a Taylor and Jai final and now it looks like I am going to be right.

Dami takes risks and the judges should have gave her credit for not playing it safe. Ronan was unbelievably smug this week and giving tactical critique.
    Forum Member
    I said from day one that the show wanted a Taylor and Jai final and now it looks like I am going to be right.

Dami takes risks and the judges should have gave her credit for not playing it safe. Ronan was unbelievably smug this week and giving tactical critique.

I agree. Both Ronan and Nat were tactical this week.