Retune 23rd June

13»

Comments

• Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,246
    Forum Member
    SgtPepper wrote: »
    Well I do have an attenuator if that's what you mean

Not exactly. Filters are available which block all signals outside of the intended aerial grouping. I've never had a problem with retuning despite being close to an unwanted local relay station.
  • Options
    albertdalbertd Posts: 14,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SgtPepper wrote: »
    Indeed, this is what I would like to do but I cannot find any option on my Humax HDR-FOX T2 to prevent it auto retuning.
    Yes, that is a pain and a surprise. I have just had a very good look through the manual for your box and I cannot even find any mention of the auto retune, let alone any way of disabling it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ntscuser wrote: »
    Not exactly. Filters are available which block all signals outside of the intended aerial grouping. I've never had a problem with retuning despite being close to an unwanted local relay station.
    That would not work in some areas where the channels of adjacent transmitters are interleaved. For example, Crystal Palace is interleaved with all of Reigate's COM channels, so you could not filter out all the Reigate channels and leave CP untouched.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    albertd wrote: »
    Yes, that is a pain and a surprise. I have just had a very good look through the manual for your box and I cannot even find any mention of the auto retune, let alone any way of disabling it.
    Many thanks for taking the time to look.

After a bit of googling I found the following and as I have the custom firmware already installed I shall take advantage of these packages...
    http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/unable-to-open-web-interface-to-hdr-fox-t2.5025/#post-63888

Hopefully that will solve my problem. :cool:
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've lost all my favourites lists on my Humax following the re-tune.
  • Options
    kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ntscuser wrote: »
    Am I the only person in this forum with an aerial system which correctly filters out unwanted signals? :confused:

Rather hard to achieve without an expensive channelised system here - the wanted signals require a wideband aerial and the unwanted signals are interleaved, with some adjacent channels.
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    My Humax never auto retunes but I keep on getting a nag screen telling me to do so. It is a damn nuisance but fortunately only had 6 programmes in my schedule to note down and re-enter them after the retune.
    I would have much rather left it as it was but unless you use that custom firmware then it remains like that.
  • Options
    rfwrfw Posts: 833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Humax HDR nagged me to update which I did, and it then told me I had to format the HD in order to make recordings - it did this without my giving it permission. All recordings - fortunately not many - lost. (Two other Humaxes OK.) Humax told me this was because one of my recordings had become corrupt, and this renders all of them non-viewable. They did apologize. Not pleased. It's not clear whether the actual update scan caused this or if it was about to happen anyway. I shall be backing up any recordings on it on another machine for the next couple of weeks. And all this for a channel I don't want to watch anyway.

This is the one difficulty with digital PVRs - they are a big improvement over VHS/Betamax but at least they could only eat the tape which was in them at the time.
  • Options
    kasgkasg Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    albertd wrote: »
    In fact, at least one of my boxes is still fine with BBC News on 80!
    I'd be more impressed if you had one with it still on 40!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    So would I! :)
  • Options
    chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    kasg wrote: »

I'd be really impressed if it was still on 11!