Sherlock - New BBC Drama

Comments

• zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Has anyone asked this ?

The sniper who was sniping Watson, didn't he have a clearlineofsite from the rooftop where Sherlock was standing, to the ground below, so would know if the Sherlock that jumped was the Sherlock who landed. ??
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when's it repeated ?
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gingerjack wrote: »
    La Strade believed him, thats why he was overuled by his boss,......we could see it was SH on the edge , then falling,,,,,,
    Indeed, Sherlock had "unofficially" worked with them for years. Lestrade didn't beieve it but when his higher up found they the police were being linked to a potential kidnapper he had take the allegations seriously and order a full investigation or he would have been in serious trouble if it were proved when the story broke. Of course the fact that a lot of other policemen were voicing their concerns, all the ones Holmes had p'ed off over the years, helped decide the action too.

Besides they didn't need to believe that every case ever had been Holmes, only the recent ones involving Moriarty and particularly the kidnapping. As the lady said in the first episode, and repeated last night for emphasis, "Eventually solving them won't be enough". Her theory was that once Holmes couldn't find anything to solve he would miss the rush and so move on to comitting the crimes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know brainy is the new sexy but that Andrew Watson plays a damn sexy villain,with a lovely lilt:)
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when's it repeated ?

BBC3 Saturday night
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Totally agree. I didn't get that either.

I thought Moriarty had to be alive to call off the assassinations, but once he died the assassinations would have gone ahead anyway?

How did Sherlock's suicide have any bearing on it?
    Moriarty's plan had to end with Sherlock killing himself, not necessarily jumping but certainly taking his own life.

Rather than just assume that Sherlock would be so upset at the allegations against him that he would kill himself, Moriarty took out some insurance. The three assassins were ordered to kill Sherlocks three closest friends unless they saw Holmes kill himself. In order to save his friends Holmes had to do it, that was his only option.

At least it was until Moriarty let slip that there was also a safe word to call off the attacks even if Holmes didn't die.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we think Moriaty faked his suicide too ? A fake gun and a well placed blood packet could give the impression of deadness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,881
    Forum Member
    nethwen wrote: »

Brilliant!!! The original video of it is making it's way round the Twittersphere here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSgdyNZABt0&feature=related

Bless him, I love Benedict!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    My other half has only watched the last two and doesn't follow all the rumours and announcements etc online and she interpreted the ending in a different way altogether.

She didn't immediately think "Ooo, there's Sherlock. He must have survived somehow." She thought "Aww! What a lovely ending. His old friend was there as a spirit to hear that wonderful tribute to him by his friend."

Watching it again (and ignoring Series 3 confirmations - though Taggart continued without Taggart for long enough and Conan Doyle did stories out of sequence too) and that viewpoint could be valid.

If Sherlock has a clear view of Watson in the churchyard, wouldn't it have been possible for Watson to have seen Sherlock? He was hardly hiding behind a tree or anything was he?

What if he is dead and all these other clues that we've spotted are red herrings? I'm well into paranoid conspiracy theory territory now. Arrrggghhhhh!
  • gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    galaxy99 wrote: »
    I know brainy is the new sexy but that Andrew Watson plays a damn sexy villain,with a lovely lilt:)

Andrew Scott;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Slow internet connection + impatient user = duplicate post
  • seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    He also used a gavel.
    UK judges don't use gavels and never have.

... but that's just me being uber-pedantic :D

The BBC have been told before about this, but they like the dramatic effect apparently, so many people now believe that British judges use gavels. You're not being pedantic as it annoys me too. :D
  • StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice touch from Mycroft after Sherlock's 'death'- sitting with his hands in prayer/thinking position like Sherlock does. That ratched up the emotion a bit, too !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh! Makes sense.... but if it was Sherlock how come he didn't have a pulse?

Still find it weird that John didn't ask to see Sherlock's body afterwards too. Even if his face was smashed in John would spot Molly's fake straight away.
    What, like Sherlock realised it was the fake Irene Adler with the face smashed in too?:p
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did IOU mean anything as it kept cropping up.:confused:
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    mychmose wrote: »
    Martin Freeman has proved he is a good actor in this show. He has never really had to "act" before. I thought he was rubbish casting at first, now I think he's brill.

But as a reviewer pointed out, he doesn't convince as a military man or a doctor.
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    Did IOU mean anything as it kept cropping up.:confused:

Was it I and O or was it 1 and 0, pointing to the binary code. As for U... well, that's where my theory collapses. ;)
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    But as a reviewer pointed out, he doesn't convince as a military man or a doctor.

Really? He convinces me.

He convinces me as a Hobbit as well and I haven't even seen him be one yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    DanielF wrote: »
    Was it I and O or was it 1 and 0, pointing to the binary code. As for U... well, that's where my theory collapses. ;)

U as in You, Sherlock have the code in your head?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? He convinces me.

I agree. Reviewer ? What an idiot.
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zydecocat wrote: »
    U as in You, Sherlock have the code in your head?

That could be it!

Reminds me of one my earlier favourite quotes - "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary: Those Who Do and Those Who Don't." ;)
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Really? He convinces me.

He doesn't have the presence or posture of an officer or the confidence/ arrogance of a doctor either.

If I had to guess what job he did I would say estate agent or recruitment consultant or something, he does make a good sidekick though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He doesn't have the presence or posture of an officer or the confidence/ arrogance of a doctor either.

If I had to guess what job he did I would say estate agent or recruitment consultant or something, he does make a good sidekick though.

Er...how many doctors/ officers do you know ? :) I'd guess not many.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought he gave a good performance as an officer in "he Hounds of Baskerville". That clipped, direct way of talking, as if he expected to be obeyed instantly. And he walks like a soldier.

At the same time he shows compassion and empathy when faced with someone who needs it, and might need treatment - Mrs Hudson in "A Scandal in Belgravia" for example.

I'm not a huge MF fan, but I think he has been excellent in Sherlock.
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was constantly distracted by sherlocks suits and overcoats - is there a sherlock clothing range in the offing? :o
This discussion has been closed.