I'm sorry but Corrie is a joke... LITERALLY

pad.pad. Posts: 508
Forum Member
✭✭
What happened to the days of Richard Hillman?!? of Karen/Steve/Tracy with the hijacked wedding, christening, the explosive drama on Christmas Eve and the fight on the roof etc...

where is all the drama? They have tried too hard to make it funny when it is supposed to be a DRAMA. It's gone soo downhill recently.

Stop the trivial storylines, or it will fail! plot something dramatic, and exciting, and stop with all the jokes

COMEDY should be subtle and in the background, not the main focus!

We're laughing AT you, Corrie, not with you...

Comments

• SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sad to say but I am tending to agree and I am a long time fan :(
  • Live82005Live82005 Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    Oh no, no, no. Please, just stop it. Not another Corrie bashing thread for goodness sake. Listen, theres a thread called a year in corrie, this thread is perhaps a much more constructive thread than this will ever be. It doesn't set out to bash corrie, it just highlights many problems the show faced this year and how the could fix them, here's the link:
    http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=295560&page=1
  • LlamaKingLlamaKing Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it has improved a lot recently since its summer lull (Free the Carp anyone? Or Shelley and her bedroom?) Its recent scenes with Danny Baldwin have been excellent and the moment Jamie found out about the affair was truly gripping.

However I do think we need more Karen-esque type drama. I do like the Battersby/Brown wedding plot though ...
  • pad.pad. Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Live82005 wrote:
    Oh no, no, no. Please, just stop it. Not another Corrie bashing thread for goodness sake. Listen, theres a thread called a year in corrie, this thread is perhaps a much more constructive thread than this will ever be. It doesn't set out to bash corrie, it just highlights many problems the show faced this year and how the could fix them, here's the link:

No, i wont stop it!

This thread isn't a Corrie bashing thread, its a thread about how its turned into one long joke. only, it's starting to become less and less funny.

If i wanted an argument I would bring EastEnders into this, which I haven't, so be quiet and let people discuss this like adults
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live82005 wrote:

Thank you this is beginning to get annoying.

Also I don't think it was a very good e.g. of "literally" :p:)
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    I agree Corrie isn't good right now but is ANOTHER thread necessary?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree Corrie isn't good right now but is ANOTHER thread necessary?

I didnt say it isnt GOOD, i'm saying that the balance between drama/comedy is not right at the moment

It's so annoying that we cant have a good-natured debate without bossy boots prancing around trying to redirect people or start dictating :rolleyes:

can we please discuss the SUBJECT matter, thank you.
    Forum Member
    pad. wrote:
    No, i wont stop it!

This thread isn't a Corrie bashing thread, its a thread about how its turned into one long joke. only, it's starting to become less and less funny.

If i wanted an argument I would bring EastEnders into this, which I haven't, so be quiet and let people discuss this like adults

Well if you wanted to discuss it like an adult then there was no need to say 'We're laughing at you, not with you.' I wouldn't call that a 'mature, adult' comment. But if you wish to discuss it like an adult then I'm happy to. I do believe Corrie has lost it's way, and this year has definitely not been as good as the outstanding year they has last year. I think they need a really big storyline to get it back up their, like Richard Hillman. Not a storyline of that nature, but a big story that will get people talking. Is that adult enough for you? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do kinda agree, theyre putting too much emphasis on the comedy stuff now- which btw I dont even find funny. I watched corrie the other day and it was mostly all these petty storylines except for the stupid Danny Baldwin stuff which was so cheesy anyway.All that cr&p with him ripping the chair up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Live82005 wrote:
    Well if you wanted to discuss it like an adult then there was no need to say 'We're laughing at you, not with you.' I wouldn't call that a 'mature, adult' comment. But if you wish to discuss it like an adult then I'm happy to. I do believe Corrie has lost it's way, and this year has definitely not been as good as the outstanding year they has last year. I think they need a really big storyline to get it back up their, like Richard Hillman. Not a storyline of that nature, but a big story that will get people talking. Is that adult enough for you? :)

well maybe you're right and that comment wasn't entirely justified but I think it still carries a good point.

They need a good, character-led story to get it going again... however they need to make sure they use a character that we care about

no point plotting a blockbuster storyline around Kelly Craptree is there? :rolleyes: :D
    Forum Member
    pad. wrote:
    I didnt say it isnt GOOD, i'm saying that the balance between drama/comedy is not right at the moment

It's so annoying that we cant have a good-natured debate without bossy boots prancing around trying to redirect people or start dictating :rolleyes:

can we please discuss the SUBJECT matter, thank you.

Lol Im not being bossy boots Im putting my point of view across...if you wanted a one sided debate you should start up your own private forum for yourself
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol Im not being bossy boots Im putting my point of view across...if you wanted a one sided debate you should start up your own private forum for yourself
    I dont want a one sided debate. it's people like "LIVE 8 2005" galivanting around spitting, "Oh no, no, no. Please, just stop it. Not another Corrie bashing thread for goodness sake. Listen, theres a thread called a year in corrie, this thread is perhaps a much more constructive thread than this will ever be." etc that is what I call bossy.

I wasnt aware that he/she was a moderator?! :confused:
    Forum Member
    Look Im not getting into an argument here, I'll save my energy for something worth it

Oh what a waste of my 2000th post :cry:
    Forum Member
    pad. wrote:
    well maybe you're right and that comment wasn't entirely justified but I think it still carries a good point.

They need a good, character-led story to get it going again... however they need to make sure they use a character that we care about

no point plotting a blockbuster storyline around Kelly Craptree is there? :rolleyes: :D

Well that's what I was thinking, which is one of the main reasons the RH story worked. It involved a family which we knew very well and liked (perhaps not as much now) and put them in this situation which was electrifying to watch. Maybe we need to see a good storyline with characters which aren't being used as much. That would rule out the Barlows and Baldwins. I'm not sure who they could involve really.
    Forum Member
    pad. wrote:
    I dont want a one sided debate. it's people like "LIVE 8 2005" galivanting around spitting, "Oh no, no, no. Please, just stop it. Not another Corrie bashing thread for goodness sake. Listen, theres a thread called a year in corrie, this thread is perhaps a much more constructive thread than this will ever be." etc that is what I call bossy.

I wasnt aware that he/she was a moderator?! :confused:

He.

And I don't believe I am a moderator, and I don't want to be. But your thread title is ridiculous, and a few users tend to agree with me. I did justify my comment, your opening post just seemed to bash corrie and wasn't really that constructive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    hate corrie cant stand the show its now a comedy instead of a soap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    I agree my parents like corrie a lot and even theyre saying its got rubbish

Things like the 15 yr old who is a boss of a factory
    - the two "twins" where by one is slim and the other is a beef cake and therye also different colours.
    -the story lines like shelly - instead of being one or two episodes its been strung out over ages

and the general crappy story lines like mike baldwin dad confession, a clear attempt to catch eastenders but failing miserably
    Forum Member
    catch EE how? Corrie are still ahead in the ratings
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All this comedy shite, i can't take half the characters seriously. many of them mean nothing to me, if they dropped dead tomorrow i wouldn't care.

In soaps we should love characters, I find myself hating them in Corrie
    Forum Member
    you don't have to love every character what would be the point in that?
  • LlamaKingLlamaKing Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and the general crappy story lines like mike baldwin dad confession, a clear attempt to catch eastenders but failing miserably

But there's so much more than just this confession. It's all about Danny's world gradually falling apart around him and how it affects everyone. It's provided some brilliant scenes(thanks to Bradley and Jane) and I can't wait to see it develop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you don't have to love every character what would be the point in that?

I'll rephrase:

in soaps we should feel a strong connection with the characters. We should LOVE them, or hate them, or think they're sweet, etc... ie we should CARE about what happens.

We should care about the storylines

i think the best character for a big dramatic plot would be Eileen Grimshaw, sue cleaver is an amazing actress and Eileen is one of the few characters I love.

a loveable, lonely, caring cynic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    Corrie isnt totally crap but its rubbish lately!
  • LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    pad. wrote:
    i think the best character for a big dramatic plot would be Eileen Grimshaw, sue cleaver is an amazing actress and Eileen is one of the few characters I love.

I totally agree- Eileen is a wonderful character and Sue is a wonderful actress. I think she was the best actress in Corrie last year by a mile. But she is so criminally underused :(

Laura xx
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    nwa21 wrote:
    hate corrie cant stand the show its now a comedy instead of a soap.
    Ther's nothing wrong with comedies as long as the're funny ;)