Options

Mutv

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
Forum Member
Does anyone no why MUTV is free on sky today? I don't pay for it and neither does my dad but it's working on sky today.

Comments

• Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    They dont encrypt all programmes, do they?
  • Options
    spikejspikej Posts: 3,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did read they are no longer part owned by Sky so I think they have either moved FTA/FTV or into a normal Entertainment package.
  • Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    spikej wrote: »
    I did read they are no longer part owned by Sky so I think they have either moved FTA/FTV or into a normal Entertainment package.

Just logged into my Sky account and MUTV is still a £6 a month option.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Usually I can't watch it at all but it's on today and my dad said the same that when he checked on his account it says u could add it for 6 pound a month. Yeah man utd have full rights to the channel now so maybe they've put it onto free for a while
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Just checked on mine and I can watch it, usually it comes up with the pay £5 a month thing and when its free it comes up as "freeview - programme name" on the EPG.

The U21s (the old reserve team) are live against Liverpool tonight so hopefully it will still be free then.
  • Options
    ROONEY_10ROONEY_10 Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    mine is encrypted with the call to upgrade message. ( Sky )
  • Options
    DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ROONEY_10 wrote: »
    mine is encrypted with the call to upgrade message. ( Sky )
    What packages do you have?

Let's try to narrow this down. I can view it and I have Entertainment/Sports/Movies/HD/ESPN.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    DragonQ wrote: »
    What packages do you have?

Let's try to narrow this down. I can view it and I have Entertainment/Sports/Movies/HD/ESPN.

I have the sky world packag including ESPN
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have full package and hd but not espn. My dad just has sky plus but still full package.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    It's been like that since saturday
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't got MUTV but will watch that game tonight on the Liverpool TV channel.
  • Options
    Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    I have Entertainment Extra and nothing else and the channel's still encrypted (perhaps it's available for a bit for those with Sky Sports), not that I'd want to watch it, Liverpool FC TV by comparison is free to view only requiring the sky card but no subscription.
  • Options
    polanticpolantic Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know how much it costs to get them to turn it off again?
  • Options
    ROONEY_10ROONEY_10 Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    ha ha funny :rolleyes:
  • Options
    daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have Sky World and HD and i'm getting MUTV
  • Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    polantic wrote: »
    Anyone know how much it costs to get them to turn it off again?

I did chuckle at that :D
  • Options
    Igloo_ManIgloo_Man Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I received an email from Sky today which provides the solution to this:

Hello Igloo_Man,

With Manchester United's push towards a historic 20th title in full tilt, there's no better time to get behind the scenes at the Club you love. And you can get just that with full, uninterrupted access to MUTV for free. Get all the build-up and analysis on crucial matches in the Barclays Premier League and the Champions League second leg against Real Madrid plus exclusive access to the players.

You have been specially selected to get 2 weeks free access to MUTV until Sunday 17th March inclusive. Just sit back, relax and enjoy as you get all the build-up, live commentary and analysis as United take on QPR, Norwich and West Ham in the Barclays Premier League. See exclusive build-up and all the interviews as United take on Real Madrid and Ronaldo in the second leg following the one all draw at the Bernabeu.

Plus, watch full live coverage of four Under 21 matches and coverage of Dancing with United starring judges Gary Neville, Louie Spence, and Arlene Phillips plus dancers Peter Schmeichel, Quinton Fortune and Fabrice Muamba.

Love what you see? Upgrade to MUTV for less than £1 a week for three months

As a Red, we know how you feel when a match has ended, you want more, and MUTV prides itself on delivering just that. The quickest and simplest way to enjoy MUTV all the time is to go to sky.com/watchMUTV and follow the simple steps. Or call us on 08442 410 199 and we'll soon have you up and running.

At MUTV we believe the game is just the beginning.

Clearly this is a strategic move by Man Utd following their buying out of Sky's share of the channel.

And for the record, I've got the base Entertainment pack, Sky Sports and ESPN (for now :D).
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now and again you are able to watch the channel for free.
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Igloo_Man wrote: »
    Plus, watch full live coverage of four Under 21 matches and coverage of Dancing with United starring judges Gary Neville, Louie Spence, and Arlene Phillips plus dancers Peter Schmeichel, Quinton Fortune and Fabrice Muamba.

Is this an early April fools joke?
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this an early April fools joke?

Unfortunately not :eek: :D

I've seen it promoted elsewhere, and Peter Schmeichel was on 5Live a couple of weeks ago talking about it.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, it is free until March 17th.
  • Options
    ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Sky Sports MUTV?
  • Options
    Harfynn TeuportHarfynn Teuport Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Anyone subscribing or watching who wasn't born in or doesn't live in an "M" postcode should be chemically castrated. That is my considered view on this matter.

Yours,

A Leeds United fan.
  • Options
    big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Sky Sports MUTV?

Unbelievably hilarious, you should consider a job in comedy.
  • Options
    stato77stato77 Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone subscribing or watching who wasn't born in or doesn't live in an "M" postcode should be chemically castrated. That is my considered view on this matter.

Yours,

A Leeds United fan.

I love it that so many supporters of other football clubs are obsessed with United. Inferiority complex????