Options

Neighbours Sonya and Lucas

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
Forum Member
Am I the only one who can't stand either of them, and especially her emotional manipulations of Vanessa. Jesus she's so irritating. I know she's really popular so I doubt there's any chance of her leaving. Hopefully Lucas will do us all a favour and bugger off.

Comments

• Options
    pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finally someone feels same.

i wish they consider bringing back dee for toadie so sonya can go and do us all favour and take callum with her
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Sonya. End off.
  • Options
    chrismcgregor42chrismcgregor42 Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    how can you not like Sonya! IMO she has the ability to become a classic character. Hopefully she will remain with the show for years to come!
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I just love Sonya. She has loads of potential, is already well established. And I adore Soya and Toadie.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pembo2004 wrote: »
    finally someone feels same.

i wish they consider bringing back dee for toadie so sonya can go and do us all favour and take callum with her

Imagine if Dee came back and crashed the wedding?
    Would be epic!

Sonya is so annoying and quite controlling, she always gets her own way, with the scene when she wouldnt allow Connor to stay, and the home birthing, aswell as the
    Angie Stuff
  • Options
    sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sonya is a brilliant character and she is massively popular :)
  • Options
    Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ennoea wrote: »
    Am I the only one who can't stand either of them, and especially her emotional manipulations of Vanessa. Jesus she's so irritating. I know she's really popular so I doubt there's any chance of her leaving. Hopefully Lucas will do us all a favour and bugger off.

Some of us like Lucas ;)
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they're both excellent, the thing about Sonya is that she wants everything to be perfect because she knows how bad a mother she was when Callum was born, and wishes not to slip back into that again. This is why she seems so controlling, it's her insecurities about her own abilities as a mother sinking in. I love how Eve Morey plays Sonya, she's a really layered character as she's a very nice, salt of the earth type but she's so totally insecure about herself due to her past, I also love the chemistry between Sonya and Lucas and how they're there for each other, Sonya has been there for Lucas when he was on the verge of relapsing into his gambling addiction and
    he is there for her when Angie accuses her of taking pills and she begins to fear that she'll relapse
  • Options
    LathamiteLathamite Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't like Sonya and liked her even less during that pointless breast-feeding non-story.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Sonya, she is sweet and her and Toadie are so lovely together. Am watching Oz pace and have loved some of their recent scenes together. I used to like Lucas when he was a photographer and was with Elle, but just lately have gone off him, especially since the Vanessa stuff - that is made worse because I really dont like Vanessa!
  • Options
    mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is like one of those women that I have encountered at baby groups that I try and get away from as soon as possible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Kasper69 wrote: »
    Some of us like Lucas ;)

He's about as interesting as a toothbrush.
  • Options
    InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    Sonya used to be a fantastic character, but she is just far too irritating now. She is also quite a selfish person, kicking off when Georgia came to stay, not wanting Connor to stay and then also being moody because Angie visited and the way she was reluctant to leave Nell with her. Okay Angie is a bit out there but it's Toadie's family, he pays for most stuff including the house and his family and friends should be able to stay. I know Sonya was pregnant and is now a new mother but it's almost like Toadie can't have a life everything has to revolve around her. After all if Jade returned Saint Sonya wouldn't bad an eyelid at having her move in. Can't wait to see her reaction to Steph coming back.
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
    Forum Member
    Lucas is a great character,Sonya isn't bad either.My fear is Steph's return will cause problems for Lucas and Vanessa:(
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    I love them both, 2 of my favourite characters xx
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sonya is one of my fave characters
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Lucas reminds me of Des Clarke, and Sonia is such a cool character
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    InsideSoap wrote: »
    Sonya used to be a fantastic character, but she is just far too irritating now. She is also quite a selfish person, kicking off when Georgia came to stay, not wanting Connor to stay and then also being moody because Angie visited and the way she was reluctant to leave Nell with her. Okay Angie is a bit out there but it's Toadie's family, he pays for most stuff including the house and his family and friends should be able to stay. I know Sonya was pregnant and is now a new mother but it's almost like Toadie can't have a life everything has to revolve around her. After all if Jade returned Saint Sonya wouldn't bad an eyelid at having her move in. Can't wait to see her reaction to Steph coming back.

It really shouldn't go like that, should it? If Sonya feels uncomfortable with house guests she has the right to say so, and actually refuse them, it is her home and her family after all. Toadie seems to have quite a good life, and does seem happy with Sonya, what other life is he supposed to have?
  • Options
    SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    I like Sonya, Lucas though annoys me most of the time.
    InsideSoap wrote: »
    It's not like Sonya's sitting at home all day doing nothing. She works longer hours than he does. And it's their family home, if she doesn't want someone to stay she has ever right to say so. I sympathised with her over Angie, I certainly wouldn't want my mother-in-law staying with us. Plus...
    as has been explained Aus pace, Sonya has spent her pregnancy and since Nell was born scared that she was going to relapse, as it was after Callum was born that she started taking drugs - so she was hyper stressed and trying to control everything.
  • Options
    mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,768
    Forum Member
    Aww I love Lucas. Initially I wasn't too keen but they've developed him into such an endearing person

Again, I like Sonya and her cheerful personality
  • Options
    Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If everyone had the same opinion in life it would soon get pretty boring ;)
  • Options
    Killjoy2013Killjoy2013 Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

so is neighbours in general but still......
  • Options
    mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sonya started off really well but is just an annoying moo now. Hopefully she will die at the wedding!

Would be lovely for Dee to come back. I was always a massive fan of hers. How about Dee, Cindi and Steph crash the wedding. Epic.

I've never liked Roland Rat look a like Lucas. Wish they had kept his brother Dan on, at least he was easy on the eyes even if his acting was awful!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Im hoping they both buggar off too :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hated Sonya when she was first introduced that I actually stopped watching the show (obviously there were other reasons but this was defenitely one of them). I have started watching again and must say I can stand to just about watch her but no where near like her. I hate the way she talks, gets up my nerves.