did michael ball ever have an affair?

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH I don't even like Michael Ball all that much. But I dislike nasty bigoted trolls with their own pathetic agenda even more, lol! :D
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,146
    Forum Member
    jamtamara wrote: »
    Have you changed your profile to being a 49 year old female? I'm almost certain you were male previously and probably, from your posts, a lot younger. I have a very good memory and you were male in your profile, But that would not be honest?

I don't believe you are a 49 year old female. It makes no sense and neither do you, sorry. :)

Yes, I looked at his profile last week and he was definitely male. After all those vicious posts I think that he should change his Forum name to Bitter old queen! :rolleyes:
  • Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like someone has been putting all their own prejudices on to us ladies of a certain age!

Honestly, you get to a certain age and you realise (if you didn't before) that gay people are a completely normal section of the population and it's an insult to think that middle aged and older women are all of a twitter just because the person on stage is gay. Come on!

Can you imagine? We're all enjoying the performance and then all get the info - "oo, guess what, he's gay" - massive stampede for the exit!

As someone else said *falls about laughing* :D
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yorkie47 wrote: »
    Looks like someone has been putting all their own prejudices on to us ladies of a certain age!

Honestly, you get to a certain age and you realise (if you didn't before) that gay people are a completely normal section of the population and it's an insult to think that middle aged and older women are all of a twitter just because the person on stage is gay. Come on!

Can you imagine? We're all enjoying the performance and then all get the info - "oo, guess what, he's gay" - massive stampede for the exit!

As someone else said *falls about laughing* :D

:D:D "I'm outraged! I need a cup of the old Rosie with plenty of sugar."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I looked at his profile last week and he was definitely male. After all those vicious posts I think that he should change his Forum name to Bitter old queen! :rolleyes:

Well, for someone who is banging on about honesty, pot kettle springs to mind.

I've got 'Rosie' on the brain now!

Probably because I am enjoying a drop of vino rose, pronounced rosay but I can't do the 'ay' :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daughterqueen has vacated the thread. As others have also remembered that his/her profile did say male and therefore has been changed, it does seem that honesty is not as important to him or her as he or she claimed.

However I don't like to crow about it too much as it seems rather sad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I saw Michael Ball for the first time in Nottingham last night. I was with a friend who unexpectedly had a spare ticket .....on the front row. I had THE MOST WONDERFUL EVENING - he reduced me to tears (almost sobs!!) with his tender version of 'I will always love you' and I fell in love when he momentarily fixed me with his beautiful blue eyes. Electric. This guy is so loved by his audience whatever their age and most of them would just want Michael to be happy with his life whatever he chooses to do. I would guess that most, like me, are captivated by the voice and give little thought to his sexuality. Who cares? It is of no consequence at all. He needs only to know that he is loved and he brings great joy to so many people.
  • Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Karen59 wrote: »
    Case in point. Placido Domingo. When he talks to a woman he quite often takes your hands in his and looks right into your eyes. Sometimes he withdraws a hand and touches your arm or even strokes your cheek. If he wants to make a point he will cup your face in his hands. He kisses on each cheek...men outside the theatre may say that is sleaze of the first degree. It is certainly first class flirting!! All the women who have experienced the "Domingo charm" will tell you it is the moment that they knew what 'weak knees' really felt like and a moment that will remain with them until they die...such is the theatre!

Just reading that made me feel a bIt sick
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw Michael Ball for the first time in Nottingham last night. I was with a friend who unexpectedly had a spare ticket .....on the front row. I had THE MOST WONDERFUL EVENING - he reduced me to tears (almost sobs!!) with his tender version of 'I will always love you' and I fell in love when he momentarily fixed me with his beautiful blue eyes. Electric. This guy is so loved by his audience whatever their age and most of them would just want Michael to be happy with his life whatever he chooses to do. I would guess that most, like me, are captivated by the voice and give little thought to his sexuality. Who cares? It is of no consequence at all. He needs only to know that he is loved and he brings great joy to so many people.

Hello Mike! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a Michael Ball fan. Not a show tunes fan. Not my cup of tea at all.

However I think it's wrong that people are saying he should come out if he chooses not to. It's his own private business. Just because someone is gay it doesn't mean they have a responsibility to be a spokesperson on gay issues, a role model or anything else. They should be able to manage their lives without comment from anyone.

People who are in relationships have only person to answer to, and that is to the other person in that relationship. No-one else counts one tiny bit.

Yes, he is probably gay but knowing that or not knowing that has no impact on anyone else but himself and the person he is with.
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Not a Michael Ball fan. Not a show tunes fan. Not my cup of tea at all.

However I think it's wrong that people are saying he should come out if he chooses not to. It's his own private business. Just because someone is gay it doesn't mean they have a responsibility to be a spokesperson on gay issues, a role model or anything else. They should be able to manage their lives without comment from anyone.

People who are in relationships have only person to answer to, and that is to the other person in that relationship. No-one else counts one tiny bit.

Yes, he is probably gay but knowing that or not knowing that has no impact on anyone else but himself and the person he is with.

It's 2013 ...i'm surprised there are people still supporting living in the closet. It's not good for those living that way (you never hear anyone saying they regret being open about their sexuality) and it's bad for others. The huge number of people who have been honest about their sexuality is the reason being gay in this country isn't the nightmare it was decades ago. No-one is asking him to be a spokesman or role model... just to be honest. The irony in Michael Ball's case is before he became famous he was open about his sexuality.
  • Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Mike! :D

Haha, he doesn't need to post. The concerts are packed to the rafters with adoring fans. Just read what is being said in the reviews such as TicketMaster. I was at York Barbican - Michael Ball is a fabulous entertainer with a glorious voice. Nearly everyone on their feet at the end.

And I'm not Mike either!! :D
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He might not have said that he is gay - but has he ever actually said he is heterosexual either? My guess is that his relationship with Cathy McGowan is actually alot more genuinely loving than a good many "conventional" heterosexual relationships.
  • kazzykazzy Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remember the first time I saw him, that was back in the early 90s, couldn't wait to go again, used to go at least twice to every tour! Went last year but gave this tour a miss as wasn't keen on the latest album, wish had a ticket now! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's 2013 ...i'm surprised there are people still supporting living in the closet. It's not good for those living that way (you never hear anyone saying they regret being open about their sexuality) and it's bad for others. The huge number of people who have been honest about their sexuality is the reason being gay in this country isn't the nightmare it was decades ago. No-one is asking him to be a spokesman or role model... just to be honest. The irony in Michael Ball's case is before he became famous he was open about his sexuality.

I'm not advocating people being in the closet. I am supporting someone that likes to keep his private life private.

What possible interest is it to anyone who Michael Ball sleeps with and why do we have a right to know?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member

Agree 100%! Love him !
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    strewth wrote: »
    Agree 100%! Love him !

Me too, he's lovely! :D

:p
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    I'm not advocating people being in the closet. I am supporting someone that likes to keep his private life private.

What possible interest is it to anyone who Michael Ball sleeps with and why do we have a right to know?

Indeed. It's nobody's business. He isn't being 'dishonest' just because he elects not to publicise who he may or may not be sleeping with. That's called having a private life.

This militancy to out people regardless of their personal wishes is not remotely helpful to anybody's 'cause'.