Options

Sainsbury's shows shoppers how to 'get the slave look' with 12 Years A Slave display

2»

Comments

• Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    What kind of idiot thought this was a good idea.

Unless what they wanted was attention...
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    What kind of idiot thought this was a good idea.

Unless what they wanted was attention...

I sort of think that's the main point of promotional displays! :D
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    That description in the article sounded way worse than the actual display. Honestly, if I was walking through that shop and saw that I wouldn't have noticed or stopped.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    los.kav wrote: »
    That description in the article sounded way worse than the actual display. Honestly, if I was walking through that shop and saw that I wouldn't have noticed or stopped.

I would have thought 'yet another s*** fashion trend'
  • Options
    katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The headlines makes it sound worse then it is. I think if they did have a fashion range based on the 'slave look' then that would be gross and offensive, but dressing up mannequin as a character from the film to promote the DVD...strange, but I've seen odder things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    Awww I can just see some poor wee fresh out of uni visual merchandiser being all excited about their brilliant display only for this to happen :(

Lol!
    I don't find it offensive but no mannequin was needed & at least it wasn't blacked up.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was very, very funny.

Although I doubt the area manager saw it that way. Someone got severely bollocked for that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    All this perpetually offended crap is getting beyond a ****ing joke now. It's little wonder that this country is quickly becoming a laughing stock.
    Have you got a link to any sources showing that 'this country is quickly becoming a laughing stock'? What nationalities have you seen publishing derisive articles about us? What did they say, exactly?
    pugamo wrote: »
    Awww I can just see some poor wee fresh out of uni visual merchandiser being all excited about their brilliant display only for this to happen :(

:D Lol. Still, it is a supermarket, not an arty little bookshop, and it must have looked bloody odd next to this week's offer on sausage rolls.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    I think it's more odd than outrageous.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don`t know about offensive but it is bloody odd.

Completely agree.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    I just find it baffling that someone that thought this was a good idea is actually employed by Sainsbury's or anywhere. That's the first thing that always comes to my mind when faced with stuff like this, who approved it and how can people be clueless.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »
    I just find it baffling that someone that thought this was a good idea is actually employed by Sainsbury's or anywhere. That's the first thing that always comes to my mind when faced with stuff like this, who approved it and how can people be clueless.

Exactly. I hope the manager gets a good telling off.