Options

How are you getting DriveClub?

Comments

• Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually, as lovely as the new tracks are, I would *love* to see some tracks in more built up areas - not necessarily city racing ala PGR but small towns etc. I can't help thinking how awesome it would be to pass through St Andrews on a Scotland track then come back aside the beach etc. I guess we've had all our new tracks now, though.
  • Options
    Ian_TroonIan_Troon Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Hope you're all enjoying the update, spare a thought for those less fortunate with a slow connection and a son playing fifa on his xbox one. Still got 3 hrs left of a 5.87gb update!!!! How come mine seems to be larger than others on here? It's been going since 5pm :(
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Ian_Troon wrote: »
    Hope you're all enjoying the update, spare a thought for those less fortunate with a slow connection and a son playing fifa on his xbox one. Still got 3 hrs left of a 5.87gb update!!!! How come mine seems to be larger than others on here? It's been going since 5pm :(

Every new update is added on top of the previous update files and 5.87 is the total of all of them added together. Mine took over 3hrs to download.
  • Options
    Ian_TroonIan_Troon Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    I've had enough, off to bed! Hopefully get a go tomorrow evening, happy racing!
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Japan tracks are nice. Hope for some Japanese cars now. A skyline, Evo, GTR that sort of thing.
  • Options
    martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    My update was done in 15 to 20 mins max, turned on ps4 when I got home, update started straight away, within 20 mins it had installed.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just pick this up when I was in town. Are there any clubs with people on here with spots available?

I have had a couple of races so far then quit till the update was installed, seems pretty good so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Just pick this up when I was in town. Are there any clubs with people on here with spots available?

I have had a couple of races so far then quit till the update was installed, seems pretty good so far.

There's a space in my club 'DAgnasti'. Otherwise you could search for one of the Digital Spy clubs and see if there's anything available. My club has the best club badge though....
  • Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    My club has the best club badge though....

made me chuckle.

I can't talk though as my club badge is awful. (Get it sorted A_Homeless_Jew!)

I'm sure you'll get you're club fillled up at some point...or the new players could just start a Digital Spy 7, 8, 9 ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just done a few of the initial races and really enjoying it so far. After a few races I noticed cars been locked due to requiring a club level so getting into a club will be very important. I also liked the events that happen mid race, I had a challenge to get a better drift score in one section and noticed a few friends names on other challenges which was cool.

The graphics look awesome, I played a track in India with a low sun shining off a lake and could barely see anything.
    There's a space in my club 'DAgnasti'. Otherwise you could search for one of the Digital Spy clubs and see if there's anything available. My club has the best club badge though....

Cool, I will try and join when I get back on...

EDIT: PSN ID: Random127 if anyone wants to add me, I will go back through the thread and add some more players if I can find their PSN ID to get more friends challenges and a larger leaderboard.
  • Options
    TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was full last night, have we lost someone? :confused:
    And I agree about the badge ;-) , seriously though 'tis nice!
    Not so sure about the livery though! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claymore74 wrote: »
    made me chuckle.

I can't talk though as my club badge is awful. (Get it sorted A_Homeless_Jew!)

I'm sure you'll get you're club fillled up at some point...or the new players could just start a Digital Spy 7, 8, 9 ...

Nah, I like my club name. I'm not wasting it! ;)

Club was full last night briefly but I got rid of my housemate who never plays it any more to free up a space for someone who might actually contribute
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its full again now, I have just joined :D BTW I agree its a pretty cool badge :cool:

Sent a bunch of friend requests as well. A few pages back were pictures of results I figured these are the most active users so added them and any PSN ID I found in the messages on the last few pages.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TommyNooka wrote: »
    It was full last night, have we lost someone? :confused:
    And I agree about the badge ;-) , seriously though 'tis nice!
    Not so sure about the livery though! :p

What's wrong with the livery???!!! :o

You should have seen it before - SO much pink :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, I like my club name. I'm not wasting it! ;)

Club was full last night briefly but I got rid of my housemate who never plays it any more to free up a space for someone who might actually contribute

I'd recommend taking up the space in D'Agnasti to anyone new to the game, it will unlock some pretty good cars as the club is Lvl 33 already.

Certainly helps out on some of the single player events, especially liked the BAC Mono although it does feel a bit 'cheaty' at times when you've flying past the AI on corners.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's wrong with the livery???!!! :o

You should have seen it before - SO much pink :D

:o

It's not THAT bad, I've been using it for most of my races since joining!
    Gotta show the club loyalties! :D
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Its full again now, I have just joined :D BTW I agree its a pretty cool badge :cool:

Sent a bunch of friend requests as well. A few pages back were pictures of results I figured these are the most active users so added them and any PSN ID I found in the messages on the last few pages.

Welcome to the club!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TommyNooka wrote: »
    :o

It's not THAT bad, I've been using it for most of my races since joining!
    Gotta show the club loyalties! :D

That's the spirit! :D

I edit it every now and again when new liveries get unlocked so it may change down the line...

On a broader note are we challengeless at the moment or did I miss something?
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Challenge list:

Gillyallen:
    Denzil:
    ESonAMP:
    OMTT:
    Subcutaneousphat:
    Lisa_B:
    StormBringeR:
    Little_Ifrit:

Iann34:
    Claymore74:

Ian, you're up :)

Also if anyone wants to be added, then shout.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who doesn't own this....and really!...why not?
    Then if it stays at 19.99 you could use your 10% off code this weekend for another 2 quid off. Bargain.
  • Options
    Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,722
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Challenge list:

Gillyallen:
    Denzil:
    ESonAMP:
    OMTT:
    Subcutaneousphat:
    Lisa_B:
    StormBringeR:
    Little_Ifrit:

Iann34:
    Claymore74:

Ian, you're up :)

Also if anyone wants to be added, then shout.
    Add me: Echo12008.
  • Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Then if it stays at 19.99 you could use your 10% off code this weekend for another 2 quid off. Bargain.

Think I'm going to use the code and little bit of credit I have on the season pass.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those online time challenges are quite good. Watched my son on a track. Had 8 players for 8 mins on track. Felt like an f1 qualifying period. Other cars are ghosts I think or might just be showing best and your own.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just saw my first rainbow :)
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I just saw my first rainbow :)

What track/settings did you use? I played a few races on the Japan tracks, daytime and dynamic weather but didn't see one
  • Options
    sheep88sheep88 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Already got it there's nothing i want to use the code on now will have to trawl the bargain section again