fearne cotton - the most tallented young woman in the UK

1235»

Comments

• Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,987
    Forum Member
    Tribute wrote: »
    I so wanted this to be true. Unfortunately it's not.

She did however say "Cotton as in cotton-pickin".
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon Ross wrote: »
    Absolutely spot-on.

If the Cotton name helped her, it wasn't much. How do people who think she's on TV because of nepotism explain the presence on TV of the equally pointless but nice looking Holly Willoughby?

Aren't Fearne and Holly best friends? Yet the former seems to get far more criticism than the latter.
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    Aren't Fearne and Holly best friends? Yet the former seems to get far more criticism than the latter.

I think they both get berated for being airheads about equally. Which is fair enough, it's not like they aren't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pwuz wrote: »
    The company she keeps is disturbing.

haha,nice one.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My day old farts have more charisma & talent than fern cotton.
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    DJ - She speaks between music tracks
    Painter - Anyone can painter
    Drawer - Haha, erm same as above
    Charity Worker - Hardly something to rant and rave about
    Clothes Designer - Which means she was paid to have her name or brand upon someone elses designs
    Writer - Of nothing good, and I can write as well, am I a writer now?
    Philanthropist - Repeating things to pad the box
    Mother - Almost every women on earth will be a mother at some point, hardly impressive.

32 isnt that young, and compared to some other women she has done pretty much nothing. Ada Lovelace had already designed the worlds first computer program and a leading edge in computer theory.

Alright then, so what can you do? Let's hear it.
  • Aidan11Aidan11 Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fearne Cotton - what a waste of oxygen.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lke Fearne Cotton for one reason - Her existence has allowed Morgana to mercilessly rip the piss out of her with her spot-on impersonation (yes, I know they`re "friends").
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't get the hate against Fearne - she's great!
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    i don't get the hate against Fearne - she's great!
    Putting other people down, often with completely baseless assumptions, makes certain types of people feel better about themselves. Often it's a sign of insecurity in their own lives.

I hope I have been of some assistance here. :)
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    Putting other people down, often with completely baseless assumptions, makes certain types of people feel better about themselves. Often it's a sign of insecurity in their own lives.

Whilst some like to condescendingly seem superior by White Knighting. Whilst actually putting people down themselves, funny ain't it? Maybe if you were to go all pop psychologist, you could say they were desperately seeking some kind of affirmation in a sad little life, and a sad need to feel superior, just once. Yet making such assumptions from a few lines of text would be truly assinine.

I don't care if I've been of any assistance here:):)

Do you agree with the Opening Post, BTW?
    Forum Member
    Whilst some like to condescendingly seem superior by White Knighting. Whilst actually putting people down themselves, funny ain't it? Maybe if you were to go all pop psychologist, you could say they were desperately seeking some kind of affirmation in a sad little life, and a sad need to feel superior, just once. Yet making such assumptions from a few lines of text would be truly assinine.

Ha ha,This has to be my favourite thread for quite some time.

The irony of having an actual internet White Knight come charging in on his imaginary steed to defend the honour of their internet forum pals whilst simultaneously calling someone else a 'White Knight' is priceless. :D
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »

It is good fun to slag certain people off - music critics spend much of their career doing it - but my problem with someone like Cotton is the inverse ratio of her television appearances in proportion to her talent. I can't think of anything she's good at - except being loud and gobby. She can't interview people, she doesn't seem to know anything about anything, yet she talks a lot and was once rude about Kate Bush on TV - now there's a woman with REAL talent.
    Forum Member
    Jon Ross wrote: »
    It is good fun to slag certain people off - music critics spend much of their career doing it - but my problem with someone like Cotton is the inverse ratio of her television appearances in proportion to her talent. I can't think of anything she's good at - except being loud and gobby. She can't interview people, she doesn't seem to know anything about anything, yet she talks a lot and was once rude about Kate Bush on TV - now there's a woman with REAL talent.
    Yup, and all fair enough Jon. Can't say I disagree with most of what you've put here. At least you sound reasonable and not moderately deranged. :)

I agree slagging people off can be good fun, but it amuses me the extent to which some people go, on here. It's quite telling.

As for the BIB, I agree, you've got to love a bit of Bush (no pun intended, honest!).
  • pwuzpwuz Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe some people just want to have a pop at her as she earns twice what the prime minister earns just for one of her jobs, as a DJ on BBC radio, which isn't technically the public purse but its not far off. Some people also blame her for nailing the coffin on top of the pops.