StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    winter99 wrote: »
    Very excited for this series! :)

Thanks Nick. :)
  • Options
    ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    Loving how you're doing this so far, this should be fantastic. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Loving how you're doing this so far, this should be fantastic. :)

And thanks Myk, glad to hear it. :) I can promise that Pixie Lott won't be making any appearances. I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Via Facebook, this one. I wonder who this could relate to...
    BBC Strictly Come Dancing
    Fans of Strictly might want to tune into BBC Radio 1Xtra at 1pm today to hear the latest celebrity in this year's line-up being announced!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BBC Radio 1Xtra DJ Sarah-Jane Crawford has surprised her listeners today by announcing that she will be taking part in the upcoming series of Strictly Come Dancing.

Crawford let the news slip whilst hosting her weekday show on the station, which despite being the presenter of The Xtra Factor, she says Simon Cowell is 'totally cool with'.

"(Simon)'s fine with it, I've spoken to him, he understands. I couldn't turn this down, you know? And I know some of you probably still think I'm making it up, but no, this isn't a joke! It's really happening!"

"You know what, I think I'd quite like to get Anton", she told listeners. "He seems like he's up for a laugh. We could do a tea dance together. Every week. I think I'm onto a winner with that..."

Meanwhile, the programme's official Twitter account has teased that a 'grand slam' of a celebrity will be announced next.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BBC Strictly @bbcstrictly
    He's a former world no. 1, but will he be seen at the same position on the Strictly leaderboard? @TheBorisBecker certainly hopes so!

"I don't really know what I've let myself in for, truth be told", Boris says. "I don't know how to dance at all, but this is the best chance I'll get to try and change that".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm doing @bbcstrictly! Aaaaaah! What a year... and see dad, all those auditions paid off! #embarrassingdaughter #dreamcometrue

Which tweeter tweeted this tweet? Tweet.
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the line up really excited for Sarah
  • Options
    Forum Member
    S Club 7 singer Hannah Spearritt is the latest star to hotfoot their way into Strictly Come Dancing's line-up.

The 33-year old, who reunited with her group earlier this year for a Children in Need performance, says she's "over the moon" to be taking part.

Announcing her participation in a tweet, she posted, "what a year", and added that it was a "dream come true" - a reference to S Club 7's number one Never Had a Dream Come True. She later said that she's "always covered in sequins and glitter and the like, so compared to that, Strictly should be a walk in the park!".

She has also tried her hand at acting, with perhaps her most famous role being in the ITV science fiction series Primeval along with a number of films.

Spearritt joins other celebrities in the line-up, including James May, Chris Robshaw and DJ Sarah-Jane Crawford.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lewismacf wrote: »
    I like the line up really excited for Sarah

Thanks. :)
  • Options
    I've Got ClassI've Got Class Posts: 12,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which tweeter tweeted this tweet? Tweet.

Chirpy chirpy, tweet tweet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chirpy chirpy, tweet tweet?

I haven't a clue what you're on about.

;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here's the latest Radio Times listing for GMT- I mean Daybr- no, I mean Good Morning Britain.
    Good Morning Britain

News and guests, including Carey Mulligan, Union J, Ben Price and Beverley Knight. With Susanna Reid, Ben Shepherd, Charlotte Hawkins and Sean Fletcher.

Who be doing the Strictlies? (if any of them)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Coronation Street's Ben Price has announced that he will take an extended break from the soap in order to focus on competing in Strictly Come Dancing.

The 42-year old Nick Tilsley actor, known also for roles in Casualty and Footballer's Wives, has received permission from the ITV show's producers to take part.

"They've given me the time to do it, which I didn't expect at all - maybe they were just keen to get rid of me!", he laughed whilst speaking to Susanna Reid on Good Morning Britain.

"It's one of those things that's always been on my to-do list if it was possible, and now that it's actually come around I couldn't be more pleased. I'm also just a tad nervous, but above all I'm pleased".

Ten celebrity names have now been revealed, leaving just five spots in the cast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    (that's who be doing the Strictlies)
  • Options
    I've Got ClassI've Got Class Posts: 12,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm liking the vast majority so far, I'm not hopeful about some of their dance abilities but hey, I like them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm liking the vast majority so far, I'm not hopeful about some of their dance abilities but hey, I like them.

Thanks. :) And surely that's the point of Strictly, to see the celebrities improve... right? Right? Hello?...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Television presenter Suzi Perry will be the next contestant taking to the floor in this year's Strictly Come Dancing.

Perry's participation was announced to the nation through a Vine video posted on the official Strictly Come Dancing Twitter account, in which Perry removes a Formula One helmet to reveal her identity.

"I can't wait", she said in a statement. "The whole thing, the whole process, it gets you so excited. The training that we've done so far has been so much fun, I just know that I'm going to love every last minute. Hopefully, anyway!"

She is perhaps well known for presenting coverage of MotoGP and Formula One, as well as previously hosting The Gadget Show on Channel 5.

Perry joins an already-announced line-up of stars such as Ben Price, Hannah Spearritt and Adil Ray.
  • Options
    SWRD85SWRD85 Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come on Hannah!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Singer Sheila Ferguson has been announced as a competitor in this year's edition of Strictly Come Dancing.

Ferguson, famous for being a member of soul group The Three Degrees, is the twelfth name confirmed for the programme, which begins shortly.

"Getting done up in sparkly dresses every night and getting to inappropriately touch men half my age? What's not to like?", Sheila pondered in an official statement.

The US-born musician is not the only international star on the cast list so far, with German tennis player Boris Becker also confirmed.

There are currently three spaces left in the show's fifteen-strong line-up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SWRD85 wrote: »
    Come on Hannah!

Happy to hear it. :)

(I'd have said that whoever the celebrity. I'm not biased. Not yet)
  • Options
    SWRD85SWRD85 Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy to hear it. :)

(I'd have said that whoever the celebrity. I'm not biased. Not yet)

xD

Ha. You couldn't have found a more unflattering photo of Sheila!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We're down to the final three, and you know what that means. That's right, it's the time of year where people are forced to watch the One Show.
    BBC One @BBCOne
    Love #scd? Love guessing who people are based on their silhouettes? Have a television? You're in luck. The One Show, 7pm, BBC One.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SWRD85 wrote: »
    xD

Ha. You couldn't have found a more unflattering photo of Sheila!

Trust me, it was quite the Google search.