Strictly: MMXV Style

Comments

• winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving the line up so far! :) Very excited about Hannah & Suzi! :)
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the middle person Pam St Clement? :eek:
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    winter99 wrote: »
    Loving the line up so far! :) Very excited about Hannah & Suzi! :)

Thanks. :)
    winter99 wrote: »
    Is the middle person Pam St Clement? :eek:

You're not far off...
    Forum Member
    Celebrity #13
    Name: Alvin Hall
    Known For: Financial Advisor/Media Personality
    Quote: "I cannot wait to get my gladrags on. Strictly is an amazing show and to be part of it for whoever long I get to remain... well, I'm getting heart palpitations!"

Celebrity #14
    Name: Ann Mitchell
    Known For: EastEnders Actress
    Quote: "I've been in this business for yonks, and I'm sure that the wrinkles prove that, but I'm taking part in Strictly Come Dancing to prove that when it comes to dance or in fact any sort of physical movement or sport, age is but a number".

Celebrity #15
    Name: Monica Galetti
    Known For: Chef/MasterChef: The Professionals Presenter
    Quote: "I've had sleepless nights in the run up to this night, and likely every night afterwards. The thought of doing this scares me much more than being in the kitchen ever could, even with Gregg Wallace!".
    Forum Member
    And so, we have the cast of Strictly Come Dancing 2015...

Ann Mitchell, 75, Actress
    Sheila Ferguson, 67, Singer
    Alvin Hall, 62, Financial Guru
    James May, 51, Presenter
    Boris Becker, 47, Tennis Player
    Kirsty Young, 46, Presenter
    Suzi Perry, 44, Presenter
    Ben Price, 42, Actor
    Adil Ray, 40, Comedian
    Monica Galetti, 39, Chef
    Hannah Spearritt, 33, Singer
    Jessica Raine, 32, Actress
    Sarah-Jane Crawford, 29, Radio DJ
    Chris Robshaw, 28, Rugby Player
    Dan Smith, 28, Singer
    Forum Member
    Stay tuned for the pairings. There'll be lots of conscious couplings, don't worry.
    Forum Member
    Adil can usually be found in full make-up and costume, so it looks like he's the only celebrity this year to be wearing less slap for the show! Perhaps the left over make-up can be used on Janette Manrara. I doubt she'll protest.

Alvin, it's no secret that you're good with money, but will you be able to count out the rhythms like you can count out the coins? Hoping you can will be your partner, Iveta Lukosiute!

Ann is known to modern day audiences for playing EastEnders matriarch Cora Cross, who presides over Albert Square. However, she may need to relocate to Grimsby for the purposes of Strictly, since she's with Kevin Clifton!

Ben shall be swapping the cobbles for a slightly smoother surface, namely the wooden dancefloor. And the lady that'll be joining you for this Strictly soap story? Why, only Anya Garnis!

Boris is no stranger to tennis courts, having played in countries all over the globe. For this particular competition, he'll be travelling to Australia, where he'll indulge in a game of doubles with Natalie Lowe!

Chris, known for being a star member of the England rugby team, is taken - sorry, ladies - and is dating classical crossover star Camilla Kerslake. But just for the show, he'll be trading in his singer for a dancer. That dancer is none other than Katya Virshilas!

Dan, you're from Bastille, named after the French holiday Bastille Day. This somehow links to the fact that you've got a Slovenian partner, because if you squint a bit, France is sort of close to Slovenia. Ish. Anyway, you're with Gordana Grandosek!

Hannah always reaches for the stars, doesn't stop moving to the funky, funky beat, and occasionally screams out for more. Or so I've heard. Anyway, she'll be putting all of these skills into good use alongside Tristan MacManus!

James is no stranger to controversy, being a member of the Top Gear presenting team, but I'm sure he's hoping that his dancing doesn't stir up any negative feelings. Nor complaints. Nor protest marches. Moving on, James, your partner's Kristina Rihanoff!

Jessica is one of the younger stars in this year's line-up, but is hoping that youth will be on her side when she steps out onto the floor with her partner. And who is her partner? I'll tell you who her partner is. Her partner, who shall partner her, is Trent Whiddon. Partner.

Kirsty can be heard presenting Desert Island Discs on the radio, in which celebrities reveal which items they'd take with them if banished to a desert island. I know a certain judge that she might want to banish to a desert island... as will Brendan Cole!

Monica is no stranger to being the judge, having been in that role on MasterChef: The Professionals since 2009. But how will she react to the critique of our panel? Let's hope it's better than a certain politician partner of this man... Anton du Beke's the name.

Sarah-Jane is swapping the mic for the Mambo on Strictly Come Dancing, and is bound to have everything crossed that she doesn't have feet for radio. Also with his fingers crossed is her partner for the series, Aljaz Skorjanec!

Sheila is one of the three international celebrities taking part in the series, and we've put her with one of our international pros to match. I'm sure she'll be thrilled that she gets to spend every hour of the day with Pasha Kovalev from now on...

And finally, that means that Suzi will be going from Formula One to trying to avoid ones along with our new pro, Keo Motsepe!
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Love the line up Luke. :)

Have a happy new year and everyone else as well. :)
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the cast pics! :)
    Forum Member
    Love the line up Luke. :)

Have a happy new year and everyone else as well. :)
    Love the cast pics! :)

Thanks both. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When will the first show be up? I'm itching to see how my hunks do. ;)
    Forum Member
    A few details about the (non-existent) launch show:

Opening routine: Finally (CeCe Peniston)
    Musical guests: Barbra Streisand & John Legend ('What Kind of Fool'), The Script ('No Good in Goodbye')
    Pro-celebrity group routine: Born to Hand Jive (Grease)

And in answer to that, Queenie, the first shows will be up tonight. :) Your hunks are ready and waiting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excited! No doubt they'll be absolutely awful. :cry:
    Forum Member
    Cha-Cha-Cha
    Adil & Janette
    Ben & Anya
    Chris & Katya
    Jessica & Trent
    Monica & Anton
    Sarah-Jane & Aljaz

Jive
    Boris & Natalie
    Hannah & Tristan

Tango
    Alvin & Iveta
    Suzi & Keo

Waltz
    Ann & Kevin
    Dan & Gordana
    James & Kristina
    Kirsty & Brendan
    Sheila & Pasha

Night One: Adil, Monica, Sarah-Jane, Hannah, Dan, James
    Night Two: Ben, Chris, Jessica, Boris, Alvin, Suzi, Ann, Kirsty, Sheila

Some of the artists being danced to...
    Rizzle Kicks
    Dean Martin
    Icona Pop
    Julie London
    The Black Eyed Peas
    Queen

Boris' shoes
    Dan's suit (minus the gloves. Bondage Week isn't until week five)
    Monica's backdrop
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Boris Jiving to Blue Suede Shoes, by any chance? ;)

Are they potatoes in Monica's backdrop!? :p
    Forum Member
    Is Boris Jiving to Blue Suede Shoes, by any chance? ;)

Are they potatoes in Monica's backdrop!? :p

Yes, and... yes. It'll make (slightly more) sense later.
    Forum Member
    Individual judges scores in the charts below (given in parentheses) are listed in this order from left to right: Craig Revel Horwood, Darcey Bussell, Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli.

Adil Ray & Janette Manrara Cha-Cha-Cha to Tell Her (Rizzle Kicks): 3+6+5+6 = 20/40
    Craig: It was a very bizarre way to begin the series, darling, I must say. Half of the time you were dancing all sorts of wrong steps to what seemed like a completely different rhythm to the one I was hearing, and for the other half you were strutting around the dancefloor in a similar manner to that of Mick Jagger having mated with a headless chicken. I suppose that the others can argue that you are an entertainer, but I came out of that less entertained and more scarred for life, I think.

Dan Smith & Gordana Grandosek Waltz to Under the Bridges of Paris (Dean Martin): 6+7+8+7 = 28/40
    Len: Now that, my son, is what the Waltz is all about. No gimmicks, no showy-offy tricks, just good old proper dancing with two great dancers like yourselves. Straight into hold you went, with lovely amounts of swing and sway, a good strong hold, you had a confident lead over Gordana, little more could have been added in my eyes. As they say in gay Paree, Dan, it had plenty of joie de vivre and, certainly by week one standards, it was très bon. Whatever that means.

Monica Galetti & Anton du Beke Cha-Cha-Cha to Gravy (for My Mashed Potatoes) (Dee Dee Sharp): 2+5+5+4 = 16/40
    Bruno: Never mind gravy, my dear, judging by that I think you’ve been on the sauce! I’ve seen Anton with stiff partners many a time before but tonight you really did take stiffness to a whole new level. Monica, you made it into an art form, my dear. And you messed up the steps so many times that by the end you were just trying – not too well, may I add – to copy whatever Anton was doing. If there’s anything that I’ve learnt from thirteen seasons on this show, it’s not to copy Anton.

Sarah-Jane Crawford & Aljaz Skorjanec Cha-Cha-Cha to All Night (Icona Pop): 7+7+7+7 = 28/40
    Darcey: Oh, wow! You really went for that, Sarah, I was really amazed. You had fantastic straight leg action throughout, you managed to maintain that, which was so good to see too. You know, you brought the glam, you brought the sass, you brought the sex appeal, it was such an assured and bold opener and I can just tell that we’re going to have a lot of fun watching you along the way. Just make sure to keep this performance factor up in all of your other dances, yeah? If so... oh, that'll be exciting.

James May & Kristina Rihanoff Waltz to Take It to the Limit (Eagles): 4+6+6+5 = 21/40
    Len: Listen up, James. Blokes like you and I aren’t built to Ballroom dance. It doesn’t come naturally to us, you know. So sure, this wasn’t the perfect dance, you went off time here and there, your shoulders were hunched now and again, but nobody really cares about that stuff in week one. I’m not just a judge, I’m a friend, and that, mate, was more than acceptable for a first dance. Don’t pay any attention to old Picky Nicky over there, and just keep on doing what you’re doing because it weren't half bad.

Hannah Spearritt & Tristan MacManus Jive to Don’t Stop Me Now (Queen): 8+8+8+8 = 32/40
    Craig: Well, in a night of highs and extreme lows, darling, that was most certainly the cherry on the cake. I’ve never seen a first dance with such complicated footwork in all of the years that I’ve been part of this show, and more incredibly I didn’t see you put one step out of place. That was fast, it was light, it was full of energy and pizzazz, and there was a wonderfully galvanic spark of chemistry between the two of you. I’ve no doubt that this will be the dance that we’ll still all be talking about in weeks, even months to come.

Week 1, Show 1: Recap Video

Leaderboard
    1. Hannah & Tristan: 32
    =2. Dan & Gordana: 28
    =2. Sarah-Jane & Aljaz: 28
    4. James & Kristina: 21
    5. Adil & Janette: 20
    6. Monica & Anton: 16
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great show Luke. :) The potato backdrop makes sense now. :D Good start for Dan and Hannah. :)
    Forum Member
    Great show Luke. :) The potato backdrop makes sense now. :D Good start for Dan and Hannah. :)

Thanks Queenie. :) To be fair, the potato backdrop still doesn't make much sense even with context.
  • AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great show Luke, although I never doubted it would be. :)
  • daniel_farrellydaniel_farrelly Posts: 1,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team Sarah-Jane :).

Great show BTW
    Forum Member
    dennisboy wrote: »
    Great show Luke, although I never doubted it would be. :)
    Team Sarah-Jane :).

Great show BTW

And thanks to you both. :) Night two will be up shortly.
  • ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    Fantastic show, Ann to win. :)