Amanda Holden

13»

Comments

• HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    you really should think before you post and stop trying to move the goal posts later by updating your responses. she was nominated for that award, but that is not suggesting she is some top notch actress.

I replied to you and gave a quote from you.

When you've sobered up you'll see it.

Goodnight.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HenryBane wrote: »
    I replied to you and gave a quote from you.

When you've sobered up you'll see it.

Goodnight.

no, you highlighted a different part of my comment originally and the text i quoted from you was you suggesting i was trying to influence people with my views. its all there for anyone to read later.

i am sober actually and if you take another personal swipe like that then i will report it.
  • HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    no, you highlighted a different part of my comment and the text i quoted from you was you suggesting i was trying to influence people with my views. its all there for anyone to read later.

i am sober actually and if you take another personal swipe like that, then i will report it.

Amanda will report this thread, it's more me and you and not enough about her. :p
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amanda will report this thread, it's more me and you and not enough about her. :p

try not to change your response this time and give me a chance to reply.:rolleyes: i said initially i am not a big fan of amanda and i really am not. all i wanted to say was that i don't personally believe she was responsible was that production closing due to her salary and that i think she is a good tv actress.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If that is the type of show you watch all the time, then yes, she is a pretty good actress.

Musicals are the soap operas of the theatre world, anyone can say a few words and spend the rest of the time singing and dancing, easy.

Real theatre, she wouldn't do.

Given that most musical theatre performers go through years of training and build up their experience through playing ensemble roles and understudying, it's a nonsense (not to mention an insult to them) to suggest it's easy to do. As with non-musical acting, there are all kinds of roles, some lightweight and others more challenging. Also, whilst some musicals are completely or predominently 'sung through' that does not mean that the actors can hide behind their singing and dancing. Poor acting shows up whether the lines are being spoken or being sung.

I think Amanda's problem is not thinking before she speaks. The sex tape comment being a prime example. I couldn't care less if she watched the thing, but publically talking about it makes her come across as unpleasant.