Coca Cola Christmas advert prediction thread.

Sam_Williams1Sam_Williams1 Posts: 338
Forum Member
Quite simple really, guess the date this advert will first be shown this year.

I'm going for Saturday the 21st of November, during the X Factor.

Looking forward to it, and the people of facebook having a huge Orgasm. "ITS OFFICIALLY CHRISTMAS OMG!!!!!!!!"

Comments

• Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Its always the week before you think it will be. So the 14th November.
  • DanManF1DanManF1 Posts: 8,323
    Forum Member
    Sunday 15th November during the launch show of I'm a Celebrity.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    DanManF1 wrote: »
    Sunday 15th November during the launch show of I'm a Celebrity.

But it's always during the X Factor!
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    6th February 2016
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully never
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    1st November..right after Halloween.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the John Lewis ad has become more of a Christmas institution these last few years.
  • Twenty10Twenty10 Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Why? You're looking forward to an advert? I don't wish to appear rude but, really, you ought to find more things to occupy you in your life.
  • DanManF1DanManF1 Posts: 8,323
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    But it's always during the X Factor!

Usually, yes, but if X Factor's going to continue with its abysmal ratings this year, they may just wait for IAC.
  • Sam_Williams1Sam_Williams1 Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Twenty10 wrote: »
    Why? You're looking forward to an advert? I don't wish to appear rude but, really, you ought to find more things to occupy you in your life.

No i'm not.
  • ATNottsATNotts Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That B***dy Coca Cola advert!!

Can someone inform those morons in Atlanta that the is CHRISTMAS!!! Not "holidays"!!
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adverts, the reason the fast forward button was invented.
  • ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have never, will never, understand the hype this American advert has in the UK.

Now, for anyone who grew up as a kid in the 90's/00's, I can understand it. BUT for anyone over 35, it wasn't part of your childhood.

Sorry, no, be quiet, and sit down and shut up, it wasn't.

Those of us who grew up in the 70s and 80's (or even earlier) in this country know it wasn't. This advert wasn't shown. Despite this, forums like this or FB are full of 40+ idiots who will tell you they used to watch this advert on ITV in 1974 or 1981......
  • ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and its a crap advert anyway.

Nauseating American schmaltz selling us tooth rotting carbonised rubbish.
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say I'm really excited for it, but that would be a lie. It's a marketing campaign for a huge American corporation. Are we meant to feel sentimental about it just because it's been around for a while? (Ditto for the John Lewis ads, but they're another story.)
  • lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's over 20 years old so I think that this multi million franchise can afford a new one now
  • sianlovescatssianlovescats Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And yet you found time in your busy life to read the thread and post a comment.
    :p
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ATNotts wrote: »
    Can someone inform those morons in Atlanta that the is CHRISTMAS!!! Not "holidays"!!

It wasn't until a few years ago that I realised that's not referring to the UK's school Christmas holiday!
  • rmc57rmc57 Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't confirm the date but I know that the first sighting of "holidays are coming" heralds the annual trip to Curry's for a replacement TV - and a trip to Travis Perkins for a replacement brick.

Good old "One size fits all" American marketing....
  • Kitt 2000Kitt 2000 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuff Coco cola Pepsi is better..
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Coca Cola advert lost its magic years back.
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first seasonal ads will likely be DFS and Disney.
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,640
    Forum Member
    An ad for Old England sherry with a horse-drawn coach was always the first sign of Christmas for me - but that's probably me showing my age :)
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    lola_skye wrote: »
    It's over 20 years old so I think that this multi million franchise can afford a new one now

I remember the really creepy half real half CGI one where the little girl grows up and at the end she is a grandmother and Santa winks At the little girl and looked a bit paedo-ey