Options

Embarassing question re FOXSAT 500 HDR

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
Forum Member
Just bought one today and set up tonight.

But...having programmed the Universal Humax Programmer for TV and Audio how after turning off TV on remote can I get it to automatically come back on the PVR channel - it always reverts to terrestrial tv on switch on meaning I have to go to old changer to hit the AV button. Feel I am being stupid on this.

Like the box though so far.

Comments

• Options
    REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Press the PVR buttom (top left) to send commands to the Humax HDR.
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds as if you are expecting the box to auto select the hdmi port on the TV. It won't as it does not have CEC (the auto hdmi control system).

Without knowing which TV it's hard to be more specific, my Sony for instance goes to the last used input on boot. Panasonics have a menu option to select AV rather than the tuner on boot. They also have a hotel mode option which afaik lets you specify a specific input.

A harmony remote (from about £15.00) will set up the TV and boot the hdr at the touch of a single button.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    pscocoa wrote: »
    Just bought one today and set up tonight.

But...having programmed the Universal Humax Programmer for TV and Audio how after turning off TV on remote can I get it to automatically come back on the PVR channel - it always reverts to terrestrial tv on switch on meaning I have to go to old changer to hit the AV button. Feel I am being stupid on this.

Like the box though so far.

I'm assuming your TV has always reverted to tuner at switch on and that you want to use the Humax remote to switch it to AV? After you've switched on the TV with the Humax remote, press the "source" button (bottom left) and the TV should cycle through its various input options. I have a Panasonic TV which always starts in tuner mode, so I have a similar issue for HD viewing via HDMI. I have a SCART connection on the Humax also, which does switch the TV to AV mode, but this is ok for SD only (and suits the missus!).
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fat-tony wrote: »
    I'm assuming your TV has always reverted to tuner at switch on and that you want to use the Humax remote to switch it to AV? After you've switched on the TV with the Humax remote, press the "source" button (bottom left) and the TV should cycle through its various input options. I have a Panasonic TV which always starts in tuner mode, so I have a similar issue for HD viewing via HDMI. I have a SCART connection on the Humax also, which does switch the TV to AV mode, but this is ok for SD only (and suits the missus!).

You may find this link usefull :D

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hotel-Mode-Panasonic-Televisions
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member

Top tip Graham!:) Now in hotel mode and defaulting to AV1
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Thanks to all. It is a Panasonic and there is a Power Up preference in the Setup menu - great assistance from you guys - should have thought of this first.
  • Options
    ohansenohansen Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Granted it's a very minor niggle, but one I've had for several years with three Panny sets. This works with the ones with the buttons on top as well (can't remember the exact models). Nice to not have them try to default to and complain about something that never will be available to them. Thanks!
  • Options
    GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ohansen wrote: »
    Granted it's a very minor niggle, but one I've had for several years with three Panny sets. This works with the ones with the buttons on top as well (can't remember the exact models).
    :( I have one of these with the buttons on top it's an LXD60 mine doesn't seem to want to play the game. It will however delete the personal details and PIN code using the key presses mentioned in another post. Mind you the UI actually offers a choice whether to start with TV or AV but that doesn't work either.