Options

I feel sorry for Kate Middleton

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And another pro Kate thread is turned into an anti-royalist one.

Not all of us are anti Kate and William. Not all of us are anti shooting, not that I've ever shot anything apart from at a funfair. I AM someone who lives in a completely rural area where shooting is a perfectly acceptable way of keeping the crops OK. And yes, I love being given pigeons and pheasants. They taste delicious

*awaits onslaught of all politically correct republican, anti shooting brigade* so prevalent on DS.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    Kate Middleton probably doesn't care

What an absurd and truly rotten thing to say. I'm so done with this website. There is just no end to people's unpleasant and quite disgusting remarks.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    What an absurd and truly rotten thing to say. I'm so done with this website. There is just no end to people's unpleasant and quite disgusting remarks.

Don't leave ..we need more people like you on here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    And another pro Kate thread is turned into an anti-royalist one.

Not all of us are anti Kate and William. Not all of us are anti shooting, not that I've ever shot anything apart from at a funfair. I AM someone who lives in a completely rural area where shooting is a perfectly acceptable way of keeping the crops OK. And yes, I love being given pigeons and pheasants. They taste delicious

*awaits onslaught of all politically correct republican, anti shooting brigade* so prevalent on DS.

I don't have a problem with people shooting/hunting for food.. My only problem is those who hunt/shoot for fun.... Killing for fun to me is unacceptable
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have a problem with people shooting/hunting for food.. My only problem is those who hunt/shoot for fun.... Killing for fun to me is unacceptable
    Doesn't bother me. I'd rather someone shoot to control a population than have animals die from starvation and disease due to overpopulation. Oh and shooting endangered animals is awful.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    AndrewPd wrote: »
    The reason to feel sorry for them is because they are part of the causal chain of this tragic event.

They will be obviously upset that the Duchesses stay in hospital culminated in this tragedy (for which they bear no responsibility I add)

It is not a case of having to be a monarchist to empathise with them.

agree^ to start with when I read the thread title I thought 'no I don't I feel sorry for the nurses family'.
    But BIB this pregnancy seems to have led to a nurse taking her own life, what a truly tragic consequence in a chain of events nobody could ever have imagined
  • Options
    Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    downtonfan wrote: »

Since when did royalty care about people below them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    Since when did royalty care about people below them?
    :confused: Below them? Are we living in Medieval times. There's no way on earth I think the royals or any aristoricracy are above me.
    I just think they're human, with all the flaws and attributes common to us all. I'm not going to be condecendingly cynical just because they have a title.

;) Though I reserve the right to slag off Prince Charles as I cant abide him.
  • Options
    guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: Below them? Are we living in Medieval times. There's no way on earth I think the royals or any aristoricracy are above me.
    I just think they're human, with all the flaws and attributes common to us all. I'm not going to be condecendingly cynical just because they have a title.

it is not a matter of how you see them it is how they see you
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't leave ..we need more people like you on here

Thank you x
  • Options
    Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member

I cannot see how royals can evolve a culture of humility and empathy given their extreme circumstances.

Diana may have been an outlier although I suspect she is massively overrated as a person, particualrly being called 'the people's princess'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    If the animals are being eaten afterwards by them, it's fine. The two pranksters probably aren't bothered, but I might be wrong.

Pretty sure they don't eat the foxes and stags tbh .
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Her 40 a day habit will do much more harm to the unborn foetus that than the sad death of a minion,

I suppose being 'Royal' means she will get away with smoking during pregnancy... Between her, William, Harry & Camilla, the child may as well start smoking early to be honest :(
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndrewPd wrote: »
    The reason to feel sorry for them is because they are part of the causal chain of this tragic event.

They will be obviously upset that the Duchesses stay in hospital culminated in this tragedy (for which they bear no responsibility I add)

It is not a case of having to be a monarchist to empathise with them.

Especially if the hospital stay turned out to be a bit of a stunt to shift the media and public eye away from Jimmy Savile's relationship with the Royal Family.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Especially if the hospital stay turned out to be a bit of a stunt to shift the media and public eye away from Jimmy Savile's relationship with the Royal Family.

Aw come off it. This is now getting into the realms of the truly ridiculous.
  • Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,699
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    I suppose being 'Royal' means she will get away with smoking during pregnancy... Between her, William, Harry & Camilla, the child may as well start smoking early to be honest :(

They all smoke do they? :confused:

Had heard that Kate smoked ...... wonder if any of those who have met her can smell her **** ash breath.:confused::o It does kind of put you off her, the wreak of smoke on those lovely clothes of hers!!

Probably the reason why she keeps so slim, not a particularly healthy option though. :)
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Aw come off it. This is now getting into the realms of the truly ridiculous.
    Well, she did seem healthy enough a mere couple of days earlier when she was running around a hockey pitch in high-heels. I don't think it's all that unbelievable to think that they would use a mild bout of morning sickness to their advantage to divert attention away.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2240964/Duchess-Cambridge-Kate-Middleton-plays-hockey-high-heels.html
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Leicester_Hunk;62827010]the stress and upset caused over this lady killing herself could make her lose the baby.

I feel so sorry for the family, friends and colleagues and the lady herself and why she felt she had no other option.

These DJs have behaved in an incredibly stupid manner.[/QUOTE]

Seriously:confused::confused:

This prank wasn't especially funny or convincing, but IMHO, the security procedures at the hospital and the subsequent hysterical media reporting are the main culprits here.

None of us know what was going on in this woman's head to make her kill herself and there is no proof that this prank was the direct cause of her death.

As for Middleton, she will have the best medical care available and I suspect she will be fine. It's not her I feel sorry for - it's the nurses poor family and friends.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As for Middleton, she will have the best medical care available and I suspect she will be fine. It's not her I feel sorry for - it's the nurses poor family and friends.

I totally agree with you.

Most women would have wait a week for an appointment at the GP, never mind have a few days in hospital for morning sickness :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »
    They all smoke do they? :confused:

Had heard that Kate smoked ...... wonder if any of those who have met her can smell her **** ash breath.:confused::o It does kind of put you off her, the wreak of smoke on those lovely clothes of hers!!

Probably the reason why she keeps so slim, not a particularly healthy option though. :)

Yeah if you look on here there's an entire thread about Middleton's habit. On my phone so can't post the link sorry :o

There are even pics of her with cigarettes in her handbag. I bet you could get a few quid for photos of her puffing away!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    I totally agree with you.

Most women would have wait a week for an appointment at the GP, never mind have a few days in hospital for morning sickness :rolleyes:

I'm sure if someone was suffering with the same condition as Kate, they would be admitted to hospital..
  • Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    medulla_86 wrote: »
    IIRC it should actually be Kate Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

It's Mountbatten-Windsor.

In 1917, there was a radical change, when George V specifically adopted Windsor, not only as the name of the 'House' or dynasty, but also as the surname of his family. The family name was changed as a result of anti-German feeling during the First World War, and the name Windsor was adopted after the Castle of the same name.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/thecurrentroyalfamily/theroyalfamilyname/overview.aspx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure if someone was suffering with the same condition as Kate, they would be admitted to hospital..

I know someone that ended up in hospital on a drip due to HG. In fact, she was so ill, that it was a catalyst for her PND. Why women are expected to soldier on through pregnancy and childbirth with nothing less than a stoic face is beyond me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexis07 wrote: »
    Pretty sure they don't eat the foxes and stags tbh .

Now that I dont agree with. Very anti on the fox and deer stalking malarkey.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Mountbatten-Windsor.

:confused: I thought it was Wales

Prince Harry is Corporal (or whatever rank he is) Wales, I thought William was Willian Wales?