New baby Beale and no Ian, Peter or Kathy

puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So Ian's first grandchild is born in the Square and he is no where to be seen.

Phil didnt bother mentioning it to Kathy either that she was a great grand mother now.

And Peter is just happy sitting across the otherside of the world missing the birth and first few weeks of the baby's life? You'd think he would beg steal or borrow to get enough money for the flight - he could the money from Ian or Simon and even with a doctors note no airline is going to let a 8 month pregnant woman on board especially not on a flight that spans 20 hrs plus to get here.

Comments

• SlingYerHookSlingYerHook Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to know how they will explain Peters permanent absence when Lauren returns full time
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter and Lauren kept the pregnany a secret before leaving Walford back in February and neither Ian or Jane ever mentioned finding out Lauren was pregnant. So I assumed that Ian and Jane didn't know but then when Lauren walked into Jane's house last week Jane didn't seem surprised.
  • Miss MelonMiss Melon Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Well Ian isn't around at the moment anyway so I can forgive him not knowing as I reckon Jane has more pressing matters on her mind what with the trial.

Peter... I don't know that does seem odd.

As for Phil not telling Kathy, why would he when he's trying to get her to leave? Telling her she has a great grandson would only make her want to stay.
  • darrenjldarrenjl Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    The EastEnders universe does seem to have a odd view of world scale when it comes to characters jetting off to far flung countries and their ability to take a return visit. Obviously in the real world we know actors aren't easily available or have moved on, but the excuses that have been made as to why certain characters (Michelle) never get on an easily-available flight even during massive family events does border on the ridiculous at times.

But then, on the flip side, you have heavily pregnant Lauren casually taking the trip from New Zealand and no-one batters an eyelid. I wonder if things aren't going so rosy between her and Peter, or that even Steven is causing problems, and whilst it is a bit weird Peter wouldn't fly back for his newborn son, maybe he just doesn't really care emotionally. A stretch, though, obviously.

Of course, all of this storyline has occurred by the writers painting themselves into a corner by having Peter tell Lauren who really killed Lucy. If that had never happened, nobody would expect Lauren to return, probably questioning in New Zealand if Max had been involved. But then, if she hadn't been told, she wouldn't have trusted Peter enough to leave with him...

As for Kathy, well Phil has no intention of telling her, presumably to give her less incentive to come back to the Square. That said, in her own words, she "has been keeping up with things" and whilst that is probably nothing more than reading the newspapers on Heather and Lucy's deaths, wouldn't it be delicious if someone already on the Square apart from Phil has been feeding Kathy news over the last few years and has known all along she was alive? What if Billy's secret photos of Lucy weren't for some strange bizarre attraction, but a stash of photos of the Beale family that he was secretly sending to Kathy over the last nine years.
  • puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to know how they will explain Peters permanent absence when Lauren returns full time

I really think he needs to be re-cast. He's important to the story and the square and it doesnt make sense if Lauren and Louis return to the Square full time. I'd rather accept a new actor although I hate recasts than silly plots to explain things away.

Peter is the sort of guy that no matter what would be there for his child, especially now he has lost Lucy and we saw how he was with Lola's baby. Even if at a stretch things broke down with Lauren he would stay in NZ.

And another thing ... for someone who is so young, with no mum and dad at her side, her boyfriend in NZ, her father is on trial for murder, her best mate is dead, she is an alcoholic ...how come its all been so natural to her and she is all happy and carrying Louis around like she has had many children..I guess she learnt from her baby brother but still you'd think all the stress would make her depressed or snappy etc
  • puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter and Lauren kept the pregnany a secret before leaving Walford back in February and neither Ian or Jane ever mentioned finding out Lauren was pregnant. So I assumed that Ian and Jane didn't know but then when Lauren walked into Jane's house last week Jane didn't seem surprised.

I thought Jane would be surprised too but it was like it was normal when Lauren popped up so heavily pregnant, and Abby and Tanya and Carol and Max all seem to know .. when I thought that Abby and Max thought she had had the abortion.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I fully appreciate that Adam is entitled to a break but having Ian off screen right now with all that is going on is ludicrous. Why would he leave as Lucy's trial was about to begin, he should be there. Also I know Lauren turning up was unexpected but it's a real shame he was not there to see his first grandchild born.

Peter I can accept for now but they will have to split them up to accommodate Lauren's return which is a real shame.

Kathy needs to stop faffing about and return properly. Enough already.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really think he needs to be re-cast. He's important to the story and the square and it doesnt make sense if Lauren and Louis return to the Square full time. I'd rather accept a new actor although I hate recasts than silly plots to explain things away.

Peter is the sort of guy that no matter what would be there for his child, especially now he has lost Lucy and we saw how he was with Lola's baby. Even if at a stretch things broke down with Lauren he would stay in NZ.

And another thing ... for someone who is so young, with no mum and dad at her side, her boyfriend in NZ, her father is on trial for murder, her best mate is dead, she is an alcoholic ...how come its all been so natural to her and she is all happy and carrying Louis around like she has had many children..I guess she learnt from her baby brother but still you'd think all the stress would make her depressed or snappy etc

I agree with all your post but especially the BIB. She is coping far too well for a first time mum away from her partner with all the madness that is going on around her. She should be tearing her hair out and looking wretched!!!
  • David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine her conversation with Peter

Lauren " You're going to have to miss the birth of your first baby but it's worth it because I need to save my Dad from being sent down"

Peter rings Lauren

Peter "So you got your dad out of prison then"

Lauren "Nah, I'm letting him go down for a murder he didn't commit"

Peter " So I missed our son's birth for no reason then"
  • LMLM Posts: 63,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just find it odd that she managed to get a doctor's note to allow her to fly, especially so late in her pregnancy and knowing she could give birth anyday. Poor Peter missed his child's birth. You would be fuming.
  • CorstemmeeCorstemmee Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darrenjl wrote: »
    The EastEnders universe does seem to have a odd view of world scale when it comes to characters jetting off to far flung countries and their ability to take a return visit. Obviously in the real world we know actors aren't easily available or have moved on, but the excuses that have been made as to why certain characters (Michelle) never get on an easily-available flight even during massive family events does border on the ridiculous at times.

But then, on the flip side, you have heavily pregnant Lauren casually taking the trip from New Zealand and no-one batters an eyelid. I wonder if things aren't going so rosy between her and Peter, or that even Steven is causing problems, and whilst it is a bit weird Peter wouldn't fly back for his newborn son, maybe he just doesn't really care emotionally. A stretch, though, obviously.

Of course, all of this storyline has occurred by the writers painting themselves into a corner by having Peter tell Lauren who really killed Lucy. If that had never happened, nobody would expect Lauren to return, probably questioning in New Zealand if Max had been involved. But then, if she hadn't been told, she wouldn't have trusted Peter enough to leave with him...

As for Kathy, well Phil has no intention of telling her, presumably to give her less incentive to come back to the Square. That said, in her own words, she "has been keeping up with things" and whilst that is probably nothing more than reading the newspapers on Heather and Lucy's deaths, wouldn't it be delicious if someone already on the Square apart from Phil has been feeding Kathy news over the last few years and has known all along she was alive? What if Billy's secret photos of Lucy weren't for some strange bizarre attraction, but a stash of photos of the Beale family that he was secretly sending to Kathy over the last nine years.

Great post. :)

BIB: I like your thinking! Now, wouldn't that be something?

Or what if LUCY herself was the one who (hypothetically) knew about Kathy?
    And it wasn't REALLY Bobby who killed her after all, and Jane assumed wrongly? :o