CS: So Sarah and Bethany were brought back....

Albert SquaredAlbert Squared Posts: 160
Forum Member
...to fill the void left by David when he dies in the live ep tonight!!

Comments

• SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    I hope not! I wouldn't be surprised though.
  • craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Never gonna happen. Jack P Shepherd is a corrie lifer, they would never let go of a character with such history and potential. Bethany should be killed IMO.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, they've been brought back cos they're dispensable and one of them will die, not David.
  • Albert SquaredAlbert Squared Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Don't bet on it. Stuart Blackburn wants a ratings grabbing episode, I have a feeling he will be ruthless and kill David off. Put nothing past him!
    Forum Member
    And Jack P Shepherd did say his contract is up after the live....!
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could David be a shocker and get killed off?.
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Jack P Shepherd did say his contract is up after the live....!

It will just be renewed.
  • Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart Blackburn isn't stupid, he won't kill off David unless Jack Shepard wants to leave and has no plans of returning. Blackburn even said during the Bus crash that he didn't want to kill off any characters because of all the cast issues they've had with 4 pregnancies, 2 actors on hiatus because of legal issues and the real life death of an actress. Plus he only killed off Kal and Maddie because both actors had chosen to leave the show.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member

To be honest if this was the plot twist then this would be best twist to come out of the show in the last 15 years. Killing off an established character without hinting at it beforehand. The shocked faces.:o
    Forum Member
    It just seems too obvious to kill Callum, that's what everyone is expecting. Should we be expecting the unexpected??!
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    I would love it if they killed off David, but they don't have the balls or conviction to pull it off.

Sarah seems the likeliest Platt, which is a shame. Brought in for this carp.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would be very surprised if they killed David. Callum is the obvious choice.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love it if they killed off David, but they don't have the balls or conviction to pull it off.

Why would you? David is one of the main characters in the best family in the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would love Sarah to die. She was basically just brought back to be paired up with Callum and cause a rift in her family. Bethany won't die as I believe she had her contract extended recently.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or the stupidity imo. :)
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would miss David though.
  • FlowesFlowes Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Nah, they've been brought back cos they're dispensable and one of them will die, not David.

Agree. Jack P Shepherd is going nowhere
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Belligerence;79753925]I would love it if they killed off David, but they don't have the balls or conviction to pull it off.

Sarah seems the likeliest Platt, which is a shame. Brought in for this carp.[/QUOTE]

I hope they do.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would love Sarah to die. She was basically just brought back to be paired up with Callum and cause a rift in her family. Bethany won't die as I believe she had her contract extended recently.

I'm actually beginning to think that you might be right, I was certain a Platt wouldn't be killed off, but the way Sarah was brought back, with no finesse, no backstory and just thrown straight into the whole Callum charade, is making me think she might be dispensable.

I will be really disappointed if Sarah dies, but the fact that they have given such an important character no development and invested nothing in her since her return is now making me suspicious. Is it just shoddy, lazy writing, or have they brought her back purely to kill her off?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    craig_25 wrote: »
    I'm actually beginning to think that you might be right, I was certain a Platt wouldn't be killed off, but the way Sarah was brought back, with no finesse, no backstory and just thrown straight into the whole Callum charade, is making me think she might be dispensable.

I will be really disappointed if Sarah dies, but the fact that they have given such an important character no development and invested nothing in her since her return is now making me suspicious. Is it just shoddy, lazy writing, or have they brought her back purely to kill her off?!

I doubt they will do it. She is a big part of the Platt family history and will remain there for a lot more years to come. I am interested in their plans for Sarah after this Callum thing blows over.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    craig_25 wrote: »

I really hope your wrong, I don't want Sarah to die. I think there is still a lot of mileage to get out of her character. Really though no one needs to die and I think that is one thing British soaps could learn from the US soaps, you don't have to kill a character off for a shock and if you do feel the need to kill off a character do it in an ambiguous way so the character can be brought back at some point.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    It would be nice if no one died as it's so soon after that fire.
    There are things worse than death.
    They could do a "Trevor" from Eastenders where someone clatters Callum, runs off thinking he's dead and then when they go back with help to dispose of the body he's gone and the person ends up being done for attempted murder
  • Hanna_YasminHanna_Yasmin Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tina said in a magazine interview this week that she isn't being killed off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be nice if no one died as it's so soon after that fire.
    There are things worse than death.
    They could do a "Trevor" from Eastenders where someone clatters Callum, runs off thinking he's dead and then when they go back with help to dispose of the body he's gone and the person ends up being done for attempted murder

I would prefer something like that. My ideal would be for Gail and Eileen to go and confront Callum, one of them accidentally "kills" him they work together to dispose of his body but Callum later turns up and continues to terrorize the Platts
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would prefer something like that. My ideal would be for Gail and Eileen to go and confront Callum, one of them accidentally "kills" him they work together to dispose of his body but Callum later turns up and continues to terrorize the Platts

You've hit on something there that I hadn't considered! Gail and Eileen (mortal enemies) have both suffered at the hands of Callum. He has made their sons, and their families lives hellish this past few months, yet there hasn't been one scene between them that isn't Michael related. Thats really disappointing, having a grudging respect for each other given their troubles would have been great to see.