Sky HD Anytime+

HeathHayleHeathHayle Posts: 252
Forum Member
hi guys how do I know if my HD box has got the update to have Sky HD Anytime+ when it is rolled out is there anyway of checking eg version numbers etc thanks for your help guys from David Heath

Comments

• Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky said in their statement about the launch that you will be able to check if your box has the software through the Anytime+ website.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Services -> Right.

If there's a "Network" tab next to "Health", you've got the update.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    How do I guarantee I get this tomorrow? I have My HD box all connected to my Sky broadband. I’ll be annoyed if others get it first and they don’t even have Sky BB :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do I guarantee I get this tomorrow? I have My HD box all connected to my Sky broadband. I’ll be annoyed if others get it first and they don’t even have Sky BB :eek:

...and we can't have that now can we?
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,330
    Forum Member

You might try mentioning what box you have?, as far as I'm aware the first ones will be the current two Amstrads.
    Forum Member
    Sadly I'm at work so can't check what box I have. I should know, I know. That's poor. Well when I get home I'll have a look and see if it's an Amstrad... it's only 4 months old if that helps
    Forum Member
    Sadly I'm at work so can't check what box I have. I should know, I know. That's poor. Well when I get home I'll have a look and see if it's an Amstrad... it's only 4 months old if that helps

If it's only four months old it's almost certain to be a new Amstrad, so 'should' be amongst the first to get Anytime+.
    Forum Member
    :D

How sad am I that I'm over the moon at being able to use Antime+.

Thanks Nigel
  • Mykey38Mykey38 Posts: 1,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a SKY HD Pace box and it used to have the Network tab which showed the box was connected to my network and had an IP address assigned.
    I did a forced update yesterday and it now shows

EPG: 1.32B12
    Op System: sky+9.10.13a

I have now lost the network tab.

I have the full Sky World Package and also have the Sky Talk and the full BB pack to.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll never understand why people think doing a forced update is a good idea.

You have, in all probability, just lost the chance to use Anytime+ tomorrow.
  • Mykey38Mykey38 Posts: 1,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    I'll never understand why people think doing a forced update is a good idea.

You have, in all probability, just lost the chance to use Anytime+ tomorrow.

Except I didnt do the forced update to get the Sky Anytime+, my box had been playing up and losing the signal on a regular basis - which has at least been cured by this.
    Forum Member
    Oh well,

No Anytime+ for me yet... :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    I have a Amstrad box and full sky broadband, but no update. Just phoned Sky and they didn't seem to have a clue about it. They said they will look into it and call me back tomorrow. No Anytime plus for me tonight :(
  • DigiRadioManDigiRadioMan Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Mykey38 wrote: »
    I have a SKY HD Pace box and it used to have the Network tab which showed the box was connected to my network and had an IP address assigned.
    I did a forced update yesterday and it now shows

EPG: 1.32B12
    Op System: sky+9.10.13a

I have now lost the network tab.

I have the full Sky World Package and also have the Sky Talk and the full BB pack to.

There were quite a few problems with various STB's after the anytime+ update. So those nice people at Sky placed the old version of software on the satellite, giving the client base the option to roll back, while they tried to findout why some boxes were becoming unstable after the anytime+ update.

These rolled back boxes will get an update once the problems have been resolved.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I've got the network tab, cable plugged in to my router but it says:

Local connection FAIL
    Service connection FAIL
    IP Address: 0.0.0.0
    DHCP: ON

Is something broken? It says I can manually configure the IP by pressing green - can someone remind me how to get the info to do it manualy?

I'll need the IP addy, Subnet, Gateway Router and DNS numbers.
  • Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulruk wrote: »
    I've got the network tab, cable plugged in to my router but it says:

Local connection FAIL
    Service connection FAIL
    IP Address: 0.0.0.0
    DHCP: ON

Is something broken? It says I can manually configure the IP by pressing green - can someone remind me how to get the info to do it manualy?

I'll need the IP addy, Subnet, Gateway Router and DNS numbers.

Should just be a case of turning on the BB connection...

Go into options => customise => broadband network connection => on
    Forum Member
    There were quite a few problems with various STB's after the anytime+ update. So those nice people at Sky placed the old version of software on the satellite, giving the client base the option to roll back, while they tried to findout why some boxes were becoming unstable after the anytime+ update.

Not quite true.

There are two update streams, an automatic one, and a forced one.

When an update is released it's placed on the automatic stream ONLY - the previous version is left on the manual stream so people can downgrade in case of problems.

Once the update is considered sufficiently trouble free, it's then moved to the manual stream as well.

How long this takes depends on what troubles they might have, but it's usually a few weeks.
  • jon41jon41 Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those having issues on the current software there is a new version only available on the forced stream at the moment, seems more stable than the last and the box is now less laggy.

SYSF26.28.10

If after the update you find the box goes very slow after around 10mins, do either a power cycle or planner rebuild and it will fix the issue.

Only for 1Tb boxes
    Forum Member
    Is it possible to have a Samsung box? The menu says Samsung. I guess that's why I don't have the Network tab and I guess I'l never get Anytime+ until next year.

I'm always last :(
  • HeathHayleHeathHayle Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    I have now got anytime+ YAY!!!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    I have hooked an ethernet cable between my sky box and sky broadband, as instructed by sky customer services. But am still not getting any new settings and anything remotely connected to sky anytime +. I phoned them again and they now say it will take 24hours. Is this correct or am I being fobbed off.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    press tv guide then the red anytime button, then move away from all if it goes to all, you should see icons, instead of list

thanks
  • HeathHayleHeathHayle Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    couchguru wrote: »
    I have hooked an ethernet cable between my sky box and sky broadband, as instructed by sky customer services. But am still not getting any new settings and anything remotely connected to sky anytime +. I phoned them again and they now say it will take 24hours. Is this correct or am I being fobbed off.:confused:
    you have you logon to your sky account on the net and regester to get sky Antime+ hope this helps if you need anymore help let me know from David Heath
  • MikeLMikeL Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know how long it takes to switch on from the time one asks the Sky operator to do it. It's an hour since I phoned but so far nothing. Network shows that I am connected.
  • MikeLMikeL Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Just been told by Sky that it's only the 1TB boxes that are working now. I will have to wait until Nov 1st