Chris Moyles & Comedy Dave

nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
Forum Member
✭✭
Just saw this.... Quite shocked they managed to hide it well on air!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/chris-moyles-and-dave-vitty-in-bitter-1428084

Comments

• Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Id take it with a pinch of salt. I reckon they maybe dont get on as well as they once did, but working closely with someone for 10+ years will take an effect.

Why shouldn't Chris be friends with the mother of his mate's daughter? Plus I understand they've known one another for years!

The article also says that they did the Breakfast show for 10 years and that Tina's doing Moyles' tour. Wrong on both counts.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    I think this has been an open secret for a while. I've certainly seen it discussed on here before but more along the suggestion that Chris and Jayne are now together romantically. Don't know if that's true but I think they went on holiday together with other friends this year so it's hardly surprising Dave's nose is a bit out of joint. This was also speculated as one of the reasons they called time on the show.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it's hardly surprising that a woman fell for Moyles - the fat, unfunny, misogynist, tedious, boorish oaf:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • JordanT91JordanT91 Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, it's hardly surprising that a woman fell for Moyles - the fat, unfunny, misogynist, tedious, boorish oaf:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

He's not fat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordanT91 wrote: »
    He's not fat.

He was. & when he was he spent huge amounts of time on his show, slagging off women he deemed to be overweight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duplicated post
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Id take it with a pinch of salt. I reckon they maybe dont get on as well as they once did, but working closely with someone for 10+ years will take an effect.

Why shouldn't Chris be friends with the mother of his mate's daughter? Plus I understand they've known one another for years!

The article also says that they did the Breakfast show for 10 years and that Tina's doing Moyles' tour. Wrong on both counts.

I agree with the BIB... If Moyles' continued friendship with Vitty's ex is indeed the reason for them no longer being friends, then Dave needs to stop acting like a child and grow up :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    It's clear neither are friends anymore, but I'm pretty impressed how both were professional keeping their problems hidden from the listeners and still be able to interact and laugh with each other every morning.

Shame.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member

It's funny how the haters always bring out the 'Fat' comments.:rolleyes:
    He's not been fat for some time now.
    If I recall he's wasn't exactly fat on Chris Moyles Quiz Night which first aired in 2009.
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chaddy wrote: »
    It's clear neither are friends anymore, but I'm pretty impressed how both were professional keeping their problems hidden from the listeners and still be able to interact and laugh with each other every morning.

Being able to put on a facade is a key element of being a good broadcaster.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    JordanT91 wrote: »
    He's not fat.

He'll always be a bit chunky, he really is quite big boned!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    It's funny how the haters always bring out the 'Fat' comments.:rolleyes:
    He's not been fat for some time now.
    If I recall he's wasn't exactly fat on Chris Moyles Quiz Night which first aired in 2009.

Whatever.

But he still REGULARLY slags other people (women) off for being fat.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • QueenMaudeQueenMaude Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever.

But he still REGULARLY slags other people (women) off for being fat.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That was always tongue in cheek, yeh he slagged people off but he knows more than anyone how it feels to have weight jibes... if you listened to the show and got to know his humour you'll know he wasnt being serious.

It's like when people say he's homophobic.... Scott Mills put it perfectly when he said "He can come across as homophobic, but it’s because he’s so not, that he thinks it’s okay to say some things. People can take it the wrong way."

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/09/06/radio-1s-scott-mills-says-chris-moyles-is-not-homophobic/
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It keeps them all in the headlines knowing that the EX Radio 1 Breakfast team are still alive and well..

Obviously the lady likes Breakfast Radio DJ's too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QueenMaude wrote: »
    That was always tongue in cheek, yeh he slagged people off but he knows more than anyone how it feels to have weight jibes... if you listened to the show and got to know his humour you'll know he wasnt being serious.

It's like when people say he's homophobic.... Scott Mills put it perfectly when he said "He can come across as homophobic, but it’s because he’s so not, that he thinks it’s okay to say some things. People can take it the wrong way."

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/09/06/radio-1s-scott-mills-says-chris-moyles-is-not-homophobic/

He is about as funny as herpes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    I never realized 'comedy dave' was supposed to be funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    He wasn't, it's an ironic nickname.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never quite understood exactly what 'Comedy' Dave was paid for? I can't imagine he would have any sort of career without Moyles.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    Never quite understood exactly what 'Comedy' Dave was paid for? I can't imagine he would have any sort of career without Moyles.

He does presenting on another radio station and is also the narrator of 'Coach Trip'. That may not impress you but he does get work and should be fine with or without Moyles!
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is about as funny as herpes.

Yeah. A lot of arrogant, sarcastic people get away with being quite cutting and nasty because they do it in a jovial manner and people say, 'Oh, it's just their sense of humour, that's all!' Can't help feeling that Moyles is one of them.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This makes me feel quite sad but if true I am firmly in Dave's camp.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    This makes me feel quite sad but if true I am firmly in Dave's camp.

So... You would expect all your friends who had built a friendship/relationship with your ex and your child, not to see or have any involvement with them just because you don't want them too?

That is incredibly selfish IMO
  • 16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both men are fools. Why is this even news?
  • dorahalldorahall Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    He does presenting on another radio station and is also the narrator of 'Coach Trip'. That may not impress you but he does get work and should be fine with or without Moyles!
    I didn't realise that was him!!! I love Coach Trip.
  • Noo18Noo18 Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    I thought that Chris and Jayne knew each other before and that's how she met Dave. Think it's the papers trying to make a story out of nothing!