Peaches Geldof dead (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My heart goes out to the whole family.

Imho Bob's a goodun.:(

So sad that he's given so much of himself to save other people and yet he couldn't save those closest to him from self destructing.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    So sad that he's given so much of himself to save other people and yet he couldn't save those closest to him from self destructing.

I know. :cry:
  • Options
    impartialobservimpartialobserv Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps that devotion to the bigger picture - at the expense of his personal relationships -has been part of the problem.
    I don't doubt BG's sincerity, and my heart goes out to him, poor man.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a video on youtube of an interview with Bob and the question of Paula is brought up. He asks for the camera to be stopped as the tears start. He seemed so sad year later. Regardless of what he's done/not done, this must be awful for him to bear.
  • Options
    dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is no proof that Peaches was regularly shooting up, just that heroin was in her system when she died. Anything else is mere speculation.

I don't see anyone glamorising her death or 'making excuses'.

QUOTE]

I don't mean to be rude, but most people who take heroin as a casual thing, smoke or snort it.

To be shooting up in the first place you have to have quite a bit of experience with the drug, as you shoot up to get a better hit once your tolerance gets high and smoking it is no longer as good.

Therefore its pretty likely she was shooting up reguarly, if she was a casual user she would have just smoked/snorted it. To even have the neccesary equipment to do this - (syringes, lemon juice etc), in your house, implies a habit.
  • Options
    Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to appear stupid, but what's the lemon juice for?
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Daisy_Duke wrote: »
    Sorry to appear stupid, but what's the lemon juice for?

This apparently:
    When the heroin is in it's base form it need water,citric acid(powdered or lemon juice) and heat to disolve properly.When it's in it's hydrochloride salt form it just needs unheated water to disolve.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dickronson wrote: »

There is no proof that Peaches was regularly shooting up, just that heroin was in her system when she died. Anything else is mere speculation.

I don't see anyone glamorising her death or 'making excuses'.

QUOTE]

I don't mean to be rude, but most people who take heroin as a casual thing, smoke or snort it.

To be shooting up in the first place you have to have quite a bit of experience with the drug, as you shoot up to get a better hit once your tolerance gets high and smoking it is no longer as good.

Therefore its pretty likely she was shooting up reguarly, if she was a casual user she would have just smoked/snorted it. To even have the neccesary equipment to do this - (syringes, lemon juice etc), in your house, implies a habit.

Why would I think you were being rude:confused:

Regular user or not (and as far as I know drug paraphenalia was not found at her house) Katie Hopkins and Luisa Zissmann using the death of a young Mother to score points (no pun intended) and make inflammatory comments to get attention, is, IMHO, despicable.
  • Options
    topcat2topcat2 Posts: 6,265
    Forum Member
    dickronson wrote: »

Why would I think you were being rude:confused:

Regular user or not (and as far as I know drug paraphenalia was not found at her house) Katie Hopkins and Luisa Zissmann using the death of a young Mother to score points (no pun intended) and make inflammatory comments to get attention, is, IMHO, despicable.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/10826425/Peaches-Geldofs-house-raided-by-thieves-twice-since-her-death.html

Drug paraphenalia was found at her house according to the telegraph. Much as it pains me to ever stick up for vile Katie Hopkins, at least she would have been asked at length about peaches due to the this morning debate etc. Luisa zissimann has nothing to do with her as far as I can tell and is just publicity hunting.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topcat2 wrote: »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/10826425/Peaches-Geldofs-house-raided-by-thieves-twice-since-her-death.html

Drug paraphenalia was found at her house according to the telegraph. Much as it pains me to ever stick up for vile Katie Hopkins, at least she would have been asked at length about peaches due to the this morning debate etc. Luisa zissimann has nothing to do with her as far as I can tell and is just publicity hunting.

I stand corrected.

One thing that has puzzled me is why on the day she died it was claimed there was no paraphenalia found and no 'foul play' etc when it's clear that indeed drug detritus WAS found at the house?

As for Hopkins, she could have refused to answer. She wrote quite a sensible piece initially when Peaches died which didn't eulogise but simply said she admired her spirit.

The fact that drugs almost certainly did play a part in her death just gave Hopkins carte blanche to write her usual vicious twaddle.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Home robbed twice, I do despair sometimes. :(
  • Options
    MookleMookle Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mookle wrote: »
    So now both of the kids were with Thomas? The reports for this change consistently.

Well I hope those who viciously slated her for using drugs while having a child in her care will now think differently. It makes a lot more sense that both kids weren't at home at the time. I always did think it was very odd that she would chose to do that. Sounds like she'd been struggling with the addiction for years and was possibly still using when left alone for long enough.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recall, in Bob Geldof's 1986 autobiography, there is a passage where he wrote to the effect that he had no time for heroin addicts, or their whining self-pity, when they voluntarily took something and lived in a way that was the very negation of life. I wonder if he's reconsidered this hardline attitude now?
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I recall, in Bob Geldof's 1986 autobiography, there is a passage where he wrote to the effect that he had no time for heroin addicts, or their whining self-pity, when they voluntarily took something and lived in a way that was the very negation of life. I wonder if he's reconsidered this hardline attitude now?

I have not read it but I would imagine that he's changed his opinion somewhat if his daughter was an addict.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So both babies were conceived while she was taking drugs. Great start. Then she carries on taking drugs while trying to raise her kids. Then there were her articles on parenting and her arguments on TV about attachment parenting.

Those poor kids aren't very "attached" now are they?

That poor little baby was in the house with her while she was doing drugs. Unbelieveable.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I hope those who viciously slated her for using drugs while having a child in her care will now think differently. It makes a lot more sense that both kids weren't at home at the time. I always did think it was very odd that she would chose to do that. Sounds like she'd been struggling with the addiction for years and was possibly still using when left alone for long enough.

Says in today's report that the youngest one was in the house with her, having been dropped off earlier by his. Dad.
  • Options
    user986user986 Posts: 138
    Forum Member

Why should he reconsider that point of view? I agree with it. What happened to his daughter was tragic but she brought it to herself, sadly. For Bob to reconsider that opinion would almost sound like he would condone the use of heroin, don't you think?

I do hate that people drink, do drugs, are slaves to whatever addiction but that doesn't mean that I am not sorry for them. I am indeed sorry that some waste precious time in their life by being unhappy and unwell.... but I still hate alcohol, drugs and any destructive addiction which lead to that situation/state of mind.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mookle wrote: »
    One of us is reading it wrong as I read it as she had one with her.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read it as both kids were with husband but youngest was dropped off on the Sunday?
    The musician confirmed that he had gone to stay with his parents in south east London with the couple's two son's, Astala, two, and Phaedra, and that she had seemed fine when he spoke to her on several occasions over the weekend.
    The inquest heard that Mr Cohen's father, Keith, had seen Ms Geldof when he dropped the younger child home to her and she appeared fine, and Mr Cohen said he had last spoken to his wife at 5.40pm on Sunday April 6.
    - this is from the DM though!

I have just been reading about Methadone and Pregnancy / breastfeeding (God it makes for grim reading). Even if it was just Methadone both children would have been born addicted.

Why social services were not involved I do not know. I guess they were born in private hospitals where money can buy you silence.

Very disappointing, and makes a mockery of attachment parenting - well done Peaches !!
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I read it as both kids were with husband but youngest was dropped off on the Sunday?

- this is from the DM though!

I have just been reading about Methadone and Pregnancy / breastfeeding (God it makes for grim reading). Even if it was just Methadone both children would have been born addicted.

Why social services were not involved I do not know. I guess they were born in private hospitals where money can buy you silence.

Very disappointing, and makes a mockery of attachment parenting - well done Peaches !!

That's bad! Those poor children.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The baby was at home.

And even if the children weren't at home this inquest proves that both of them were born addicted to (at the very least) Methadone.

Sorry but any sympathy I had has just about disappeared.
  • Options
    MookleMookle Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah sorry, my mistake.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The baby was at home.

And even if the children weren't at home this inquest proves that both of them were born addicted to (at the very least) Methadone.

Sorry but any sympathy I had has just about disappeared.
    Where does it say that?.
    She could have stopped before there were conceved and re started after the little one was born.