Options

Shocking 'Bolton' School Children Shout Allah Akbar for 16+ Minutes in the street

Comments

• Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    True but had it happened today, as was lead to believe, then don't you agree that the timing was inappropriate and that the elders should have asked them to chant something else?

Not really no - but then I understand that chanting 'God is Great' is as intrinsic to Islam as hymn singing is to Christianity.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    And here is the original video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FBo0RNPVfs

Published on Nov 4, 2013

ie it was part of Eid Charity collecting... here is the facebook group where I found it

https://www.facebook.com/eidfunday2013

On the actual fun day they also had magicians, bouncy castles, go-karting and a raffle. Shocking.

Thank you Jesaya.

Innocent children being demonised by an EDL supporter who gives no reference to what this was about! . No surprise?
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Well there you go then - kids in a crocodile raising money for charity and shouting the normal chant for that. :)

This does actually throw a completely different light on the matter, doesn't it.

Certainly a big lesson for me to have all the information at hand before making judgements.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    JB3 wrote: »
    Some of us were able to view in a more open minded manner than others.

Yeah ok so it was by accident that you used the charity event for your argument.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What's your view on something inbetween?

http://youtu.be/fQD0XyTKJkI

How is that remotely linked to a religious parade by some kids?
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Another resounding success for multiculturalism.
  • Options
    Forum Member

So perhaps a little more knowledge is appropriate before band waggon jumping and making assumptions....???

Question some of those defending as well and you might get an answer, until then...
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    i don't know, i am not sure if there is a law or not but it is socially and morally wrong to do that

Why is it wrong to film children enjoying themselves?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    How is that remotely linked to a religious parade by some kids?

Apart from it being a religious parade with some kids in the video it's not. I just asked what your take on this is and whether anyone watching this should also not take it at face value like the video in the OP.
  • Options
    too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    I don't like any racist attack, twisted or otherwise, thank you very much. I will go and check out Mr Houghton's FB page though.

Look forward to your response.....
    True but had it happened today, as was lead to believe, then don't you agree that the timing was inappropriate and that the elders should have asked them to chant something else?

It's a traditional Islamic chant fgs. It's been hijacked by terrorists but why should others stop using traditional phrases that have been in common parlance for centuries?
    And yet some still chose to be taken in and manipulated by the original video, and believed what they were told to believe, and never sought to question it.

It's a common tactic - take an innocent video, edit it so that you remove the context in which it was set, and then provide your own description of what is happening.

Then sit back and wait for the weak-minded to swallow it as usual, and then share it across the net.

Youtube is full of stuff like this.

Maybe it's just a hang-up of mine, but when someone puts something in front of me and tells me what to think and what to believe, they are on a hiding to nothing.

Only a fool believes what they are told without question.

It's the worst aspect of social media how the truth is twisted and within a matter of hours used to spread misinformation and trouble.

IMO the perpetrator of this should be prosecuted for instigating racial hatred.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not really no - but then I understand that chanting 'God is Great' is as intrinsic to Islam as hymn singing is to Christianity.
    I understand that too but the timing was my point.
  • Options
    too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question some of those defending as well and you might get an answer, until then...

Perhaps they had a better understanding in the first instance and were not fooled by such an obvious attempt to whip up hatred....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jjwales wrote: »
    Why is it wrong to film children enjoying themselves?

You should be on BBC's Question Time and not the panel either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apart from it being a religious parade with some kids in the video it's not. I just asked what your take on this is and whether anyone watching this should also not take it at face value like the video in the OP.

Well, I saw some Muslims marching and a woman asking them questions about it - not sure what I am supposed to say. I don't agree with the Muslims from what I could see on their banners, but they have the right to march as long as it is peaceful, just the same as any of us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Perhaps they had a better understanding in the first instance and were not fooled by such an obvious attempt to whip up hatred....

Perhaps you should read the thread because different excuses were flying.
  • Options
    skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I defended them, before I knew it was a charity event.

I didn't have a problem with it though, because I don't hate Muslims.
  • Options
    Forum Member

And the timing doesn't matter - when I saw the video I thought 'kids being religious' because I know Muslims chant this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

2013? What timing has to do with fund raising and religious festivals is is beyond me.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Look forward to your response.....

It's a traditional Islamic chant fgs. It's been hijacked by terrorists but why should others stop using traditional phrases that have been in common parlance for centuries?

It's the worst aspect of social media how the truth is twisted and within a matter of hours used to spread misinformation and trouble.

IMO the perpetrator of this should be prosecuted for instigating racial hatred.

Why's that? I have already stated that I don't like racists, so I there is a chance that I won't like what I see. Having said that, I would hazard a guess that EDL, like Muslims, have moderates and extremists, and that it's wrong, is it not to tar all with the same brush?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    What timing and why?

Never mind that one, my reply to your EDL accusation post is required.
  • Options
    skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    I would hazard a guess that EDL, like Muslims, have moderates and extremists, and that it's wrong, is it not to tar all with the same brush?

EDL is an extremist organisation. Can you have 'moderate' extremists?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never mind that one, my reply to your EDL accusation post is required.

I'll post what I like when I like. So no answer? We ban religious festivals and fund raising now? Or is that demand just for Muslims?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And the timing doesn't matter - when I saw the video I thought 'kids being religious' because I know Muslims chant this.

It does to me especially when you take into account what has been going on in some schools recently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    I'll post what I like when I like. So no answer? We ban religious festivals and fund raising now? Or is that demand just for Muslims?

If you're going to accuse members here of showing blind support for the EDL then you should either provide proof or take it back.

Baiting like that is not approved here.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well this thread has died a death hasn't it