Emma Chawner - the new Jade Goody? (Part 10)

Comments

• lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alberon wrote: »
    About the audio files. I think Phil wouldn't have a leg to stand on (which would cheer him up no end) legally, but I would have thought the person leaving them the message would.

But here is the summary of the shorter message. It's from Paul Stead executive producer for Daisybeck who made the show and was clearly left when Sam was in America.

In it Paul says that Phil has to phone him back within the next ten minutes or he will be calling America and removing the insurance cover for Sam. He goes on to say Phil will be responsible for all the charges and the medical (something. Could be machines, I can't quite make it out) and for bringing her home. He then reiterates that Phil must call in the next ten minutes and then ends the call.

My friend asked Phil about the circumstances around these calls but never got a response. My guess is that at some point while Sam was over there the other three stopped co-operating with the production company over something. I seem to recall some incident like that somewhere during the three series, but I can't remember when.

What the message does show though is how much Bio spent on the Chawners in free gifts. How much did the whole American adventure cost them, for instance?

This is bizarre Alberon - what are the files exactly? Mp3's..? How did Phil have the wherewithal to convert ansaphone messages into digital files - and why on earth would he send them to a random stranger without comment?

I wonder what else he has - can your friend gently prod for more stuff?
  • AlberonAlberon Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    lozenger wrote: »
    This is bizarre Alberon - what are the files exactly? Mp3's..? How did Phil have the wherewithal to convert ansaphone messages into digital files - and why on earth would he send them to a random stranger without comment?

I wonder what else he has - can your friend gently prod for more stuff?

They're WMA (Windows Media Audio) files. On the second one I just listened to again you can hear a bird chirping in the background, so I assume it was made simply by holding a mobile phone next to the answer phone. From there it's a relatively easy matter to email it or post it to facebook and I wouldn't be surprised if Emma helped.

My friend has prodded Phil (eeurgh) for more info but has not heard back. It sounds really odd that Phil would do this, but then as far as he is concerned it isn't some random stranger but one of his legion of fans on facebook.

I'll just summarise the other message for you lot.
    Forum Member
    In the second longer message the tone is slightly more relaxed. It was also made when Sam was in America, but it concerns Emma.

Paul says he is almost at the office and has just got a call from someone called Ross. Paul says he doesn't know exactly what is going on but he needs Phil not to take his daughter home, but to get her to go back in and apologise to 'those people'. He goes on to say if it all falls apart that day the consequences will be catastrophic. Apparently they've had a lot of conversations about this in the past and Emma has to get on and stick with it.

And here's the most interesting bit. If Emma pulls out as well as Sam being put on the first plane home there will be, and this is the exact quote, "no money on Monday". It ends with Paul saying he's relying on Phil to get Emma to stay with it.

I'm not sure what that bit means, but I know Audrey said they didn't want to "muck up their money" by accidentally earning any of it. Perhaps they meant paying Emma as perhaps she wasn't on any kind of benefit.
  • dorahalldorahall Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh interesting! I wondered if the reason Emma suddenly stopped claiming benefits was due to some sort of appearance fee. She must be getting money from somewhere, she smokes 20 a day, she has an iPhone, acrylic nails and a Sambuca habit!
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the second longer message the tone is slightly more relaxed. It was also made when Sam was in America, but it concerns Emma.

Paul says he is almost at the office and has just got a call from someone called Ross. Paul says he doesn't know exactly what is going on but he needs Phil not to take his daughter home, but to get her to go back in and apologise to 'those people'. He goes on to say if it all falls apart that day the consequences will be catastrophic. Apparently they've had a lot of conversations about this in the past and Emma has to get on and stick with it.

And here's the most interesting bit. If Emma pulls out as well as Sam being put on the first plane home there will be, and this is the exact quote, "no money on Monday". It ends with Paul saying he's relying on Phil to get Emma to stay with it.

I'm not sure what that bit means, but I know Audrey said they didn't want to "muck up their money" by accidentally earning any of it. Perhaps they meant paying Emma as perhaps she wasn't on any kind of benefit.

I would think that was when Emma upped and left the gym because she didn't like working and didn't't want to give up anything to lose weight and didn't like cleaning up after other people, especially cleaning toilets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    They probably bought her the iPhone outright and she has it on pay as you go and daddy Phiz probably does give her some money in addition to any appearance fee. So payments in kind in addition to free gym equipment etc.
  • Fraudrey CFraudrey C Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Simi89 wrote: »
    They probably bought her the iPhone outright and she has it on pay as you go and daddy Phiz probably does give her some money in addition to any appearance fee. So payments in kind in addition to free gym equipment etc.

The only free gym equipment the Chawners are interested in is the vending machines. lol
    Forum Member
    The last thing Phil wrote on Facebook was about how he wasn't going to post anything more publicly on there due to us posting it all here.

He's said that before and come back and I expect he'll do it again before too long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the impression that Phil Chawner's homophobia is due to the fact he doesn't know any gay people, he has no day to day contact with anyone outside his family. I hope that if he got to know someone gay, he would lose the silly bigoted views he has, which is possibly what he was told by his mum when he was growing up. He doesn't have enough life experience to realise calling gay men "poofs" and doing his limp-wrist gesture, is hideously offensive.
    Forum Member
    I think we need to be a bit careful of being offended 'on behalf' of the gay community, homophobia is never right in any form. i'm gay and i just look at comments like Phil's as ill informed ignorance. When i see someone making those sort of comments i just think they are making a bit of a dick of themselves & i'm cool with that personally.

Not all poofs are that emotionally fragile. Some of us have the intelligence to let ignorant bigots like Phil carry on making themselves look like idiots while we just sit back and laugh at them.

I'm surprised even a straight person could fancy him lol

Peace. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm straight and I don't fancy him, and even if he lost weight and bought a JML nose trimmer, I couldn't find a man who is so horrible to his wife and so inappropriate with his youngest daughter, the least bit attractive.

I agree that his comments about poofs are comical rather than insulting, but if you have ever visited the GD part of this forum, there are some very easily offended folk there ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for this Alberon - fascinating!!

I wait with baited breath for your super-sleuth friend to uncover more snippets - It;s highly unlikely these are the only ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »
    Me too - I thought it was funny - I thought it was too much like hard work to deliberately spell that badly, but the wording of the posts were hilariously Phil-esque!

And I'm gutted there really is no party - maybe if we start a petition they'll do an Iceland Christmas party instead. There's a shop near me called that pretends to be Iceland - it's called Ice Cool or something - it's even cheaper than Iceland!

In real-terms, that's like a Value version of Smart Price. Or a pretend Netto!

Whoever Saddos is, he has done his Chawner homework, I found him very amusing, especially the way he resurrected all the old Chawner related threads. The Halloween party was a stroke of genius, although the real Phil would have had a competition to win invitations, not asked for private "massages." :D
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About the audio files. I think Phil wouldn't have a leg to stand on (which would cheer him up no end) legally, but I would have thought the person leaving them the message would.

But here is the summary of the shorter message. It's from Paul Stead executive producer for Daisybeck who made the show and was clearly left when Sam was in America.

In it Paul says that Phil has to phone him back within the next ten minutes or he will be calling America and removing the insurance cover for Sam. He goes on to say Phil will be responsible for all the charges and the medical (something. Could be machines, I can't quite make it out) and for bringing her home. He then reiterates that Phil must call in the next ten minutes and then ends the call.

My friend asked Phil about the circumstances around these calls but never got a response. My guess is that at some point while Sam was over there the other three stopped co-operating with the production company over something. I seem to recall some incident like that somewhere during the three series, but I can't remember when.

What the message does show though is how much Bio spent on the Chawners in free gifts. How much did the whole American adventure cost them, for instance?

Thanks for posting these - interesting. Phil obviously thinks that these messages show how badly they were treated by Bio but TBH to me it just highlights how hard the Chawners must have been to work with!

Perhaps in the first message word had to back to the Chawns that Sam had busted them when she was in America, that she'd told her interviewer about them only trying when the camera was on them and as soon as they weren't being filmed they were back to eating crap and not exercising? Knowing Phil if he was pulled about this (which he would be) he'd have chucked his dummy out of the pram and refused to participate any further (he's proud you know? :rolleyes:) - he'd have HATED being caught out. Either that or he'd have lied through his teeth and said Sam was making it up and "if you believe her over us we're OUT!"

It could be the case though that Daddy and Mammy were incensed that their favourite daughter Emma had been left out and thought she should have gone to America too so those three pulled out in protest? I'm sure I remember them moaning about this at some point?

Either way he was obviously told in no uncertain terms to start playing ball again or they'd pull the plug and leave Sam stranded. Could also explain why the Chawns were consistently phoning Sam in America (and getting right on her nerves) and also their slightly (to say the least) off hand attitude when she returned? Perhaps Phil and the production team came to some arrangement that they wouldn't be asked on camera about what Sam had told them or they wouldn't use the footage if they'd already filmed them being asked?

The second message is harder to call. 'Catastrophic?' What on earth could be catastrophic? The apology could have been to either the people at the gym OR the animal shelter! The girl has got a disgusting attitude and I bets it bugged her that she was the 'star' (:rolleyes:) but it was Sam who was in America. Of course it will have completely passed her by that she did it to herself with her vile attitude! I can just imagine her grumbling "SHE got effing America, I got the effing local gym!" To me it looks like Emma probably wanted to quit the gym long before she did - and God knows that was quick enough but was made to continue for longer eventually using the 'I was being bullied' excuse to quit. :rolleyes:

Like I say though, she could have had to apologise to the animal shelter - she didn't exactly try hard there did she? In fact she barely turned up and once again used the old get out clause of 'being ill' not to :rolleyes: So perhaps that's why the Chawn's were getting a kick up the @rse? They arranged the animal shelter for her but she took the p!ss, hardly turned up and when she did just messed around and gave them lip? Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

But it does make me wonder if that's why Sam was sent home early and a medical matter was used as an excuse? These phone messages are rather illuminating and it looks to me that once Emma stopped complying Sam was pulled out. And this being the rather spiteful Emma it wouldn't surprise me if she'd done it deliberately. She wouldn't be able to bear Sam getting something she wasn't.

Again, thanks for posting - fascinating! :)
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Thanks for posting these - interesting. Phil obviously thinks that these messages show how badly they were treated by Bio but TBH to me it just highlights how hard the Chawners must have been to work with!

Perhaps in the first message word had to back to the Chawns that Sam had busted them when she was in America, that she'd told her interviewer about them only trying when the camera was on them and as soon as they weren't being filmed they were back to eating crap and not exercising? Knowing Phil if he was pulled about this (which he would be) he'd have chucked his dummy out of the pram and refused to participate any further (he's proud you know? :rolleyes:) - he'd have HATED being caught out. Either that or he'd have lied through his teeth and said Sam was making it up and "if you believe her over us we're OUT!"

It could be the case though that Daddy and Mammy were incensed that their favourite daughter Emma had been left out and thought she should have gone to America too so those three pulled out in protest? I'm sure I remember them moaning about this at some point?

Either way he was obviously told in no uncertain terms to start playing ball again or they'd pull the plug and leave Sam stranded. Could also explain why the Chawns were consistently phoning Sam in America (and getting right on her nerves) and also their slightly (to say the least) off hand attitude when she returned? Perhaps Phil and the production team came to some arrangement that they wouldn't be asked on camera about what Sam had told them or they wouldn't use the footage if they'd already filmed them being asked?

The second message is harder to call. 'Catastrophic?' What on earth could be catastrophic? The apology could have been to either the people at the gym OR the animal shelter! The girl has got a disgusting attitude and I bets it bugged her that she was the 'star' (:rolleyes:) but it was Sam who was in America. Of course it will have completely passed her by that she did it to herself with her vile attitude! I can just imagine her grumbling "SHE got effing America, I got the effing local gym!" To me it looks like Emma probably wanted to quit the gym long before she did - and God knows that was quick enough but was made to continue for longer eventually using the 'I was being bullied' excuse to quit. :rolleyes:

Like I say though, she could have had to apologise to the animal shelter - she didn't exactly try hard there did she? In fact she barely turned up and once again used the old get out clause of 'being ill' not to :rolleyes: So perhaps that's why the Chawn's were getting a kick up the @rse? They arranged the animal shelter for her but she took the p!ss, hardly turned up and when she did just messed around and gave them lip? Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

But it does make me wonder if that's why Sam was sent home early and a medical matter was used as an excuse? These phone messages are rather illuminating and it looks to me that once Emma stopped complying Sam was pulled out. And this being the rather spiteful Emma it wouldn't surprise me if she'd done it deliberately. She wouldn't be able to bear Sam getting something she wasn't.

Again, thanks for posting - fascinating! :)

Good points.

I always wondered what happened about her 'overs'. Every 'illness' they ever had was almost immediately seen to be nonsense. The only time that any of them were genuinely ill was when they carted Aud off in the ambulance and when Emma had appendicitis.

Can't understand why Phil would send the tapes to a total stranger though, but then again, he hasn't got any friends to send them to.
    Forum Member
    Aww :( the thread's had a bit of a snip.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A helluva snip :eek: I thought something must be happening as I couldn't submit my post above for ages.

Awwww, Saddos is now 'inactive' :( Well he gave me a laugh! I don't think there was any malice intended he was just on a wind up. And he did liven the thread up no end! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    A helluva snip :eek: I thought something must be happening as I couldn't submit my post above for ages.

Awwww, Saddos is now 'inactive' :( Well he gave me a laugh! I don't think there was any malice intended he was just on a wind up. And he did liven the thread up no end! :)

Ahh - I wonder if it was their comment about 'going back to their real account' that did it. Shame - I thought there was no harm done really - was fun while it lasted.
    Forum Member
    I wonder how Phil would react if he was aware that there was someone impersonating him of the spy called digital. :pp
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how Phil would react if he was aware that there was someone impersonating him of the spy called digital. :pp
    He would be delighted as it would prove he is a celebrity. Ordinary mortals don't have people pretending to be them. In Chawnerworld, the existence of Saddos will merely cause Sir Phizzle to twirl his nostril hair, shrug his meaty shoulders, and tell the others wearily that's it's the downside of being so famous.:D:D

However,should Mr Chawner want to join Digital Spy and put his side of the story across (and perhaps invite people to an Iceland catered bonfire night party?;)) may I respectfully suggest he calls himself Lorry_Diabetic so there is no confusion.
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorahall wrote: »
    He would be delighted as it would prove he is a celebrity. Ordinary mortals don't have people pretending to be them. In Chawnerworld, the existence of Saddos will merely cause Sir Phizzle to twirl his nostril hair, shrug his meaty shoulders, and tell the others wearily that's it's the downside of being so famous.:D:D

However,should Mr Chawner want to join Digital Spy and put his side of the story across (and perhaps invite people to an Iceland catered bonfire night party?;)) may I respectfully suggest he calls himself Lorry_Diabetic so there is no confusion.

Or, in a tribute to posters from the past, Phat_Phuk.
    Forum Member
    Emma should join as gallblabber.
    Forum Member
    I can't understand the logic behind the latest post snip on this thread. One of my posts was removed which just said:
    Hate to say i told you so :D

How on earth could that have possibly been in violation of terms and conditions? Yet most of the pretty insulting ones aimed directly at the Chawners (which could easily be construed as libelous) have been left.

It just defies logic? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emma should join as gallblabber.
    And Sam can be Poorly_Overs;)

Aud won't join Digital Spy,not while there's Murder She Wrote and Cash In The Attic to watch.
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorahall wrote: »
    And Sam can be Poorly_Overs;)

Aud won't join Digital Spy,not while there's Murder She Wrote and Cash In The Attic to watch.

And Doctors, This Morning, Loose Women and Jeremy Kyle. She's too busy for DS.